Check out Santa's new ride Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Show Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 31, 2015
I ordered this from the U.S. Virgin Islands in the Caribbean and my package came in a week and undamaged. All 4 pieces were in perfect condition all inside one another or rather all packed inside the largest of the 4. Material color matched exactly what is presented online with no discoloration or distortion. No un-seams, no scratches as with some reviews I saw and very thing looks in pretty good working condition. The carry on is also a standard size and the small duffel bag is pretty light weight and has a Velcro strap on the back to fasten onto the carry on if you so please. I've uplodded some pictures for anyone wondering.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
11 comment| 186 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2015
This Travelers Choice luggage set is a home run if you have realistic expectations. I toiled over which set to buy and went cross-eyed reading all the mixed bag reviews. After much deliberation, and thanks in part to a sale, I settled on this set (actually bought two sets ). Here is a breakdown of what all the other reviews taught me, a synopsis of our experiences with this luggage and a helpful hint to increase the look and durability of these suitcases:

First off, the luggage looks very upscale; the front side is vibrantly colored (in this case royal blue), and the tightly woven fabric has good fit & finish. There are two metal zipper pulls on each compartment which is convenient, however the zippers themselves and the pull attachments are adequate but not of superior durability. The bags are generously sized, deeper than our previous (Atlantic brand) set and this allows the bags to swallow a lot more stuff yet remain portable.
The insides are fully lined and contain straps to secure the contents. While the lining is thin and not the highest quality, it is a nice feature on a set in this price range; our previous set cost twice as much fifteen years ago and had no lining.
Each of the pull pieces have two nicely functioning wheels and an expandable handle to let you drag the bag behind; you can even attach the duffel bag onto an extended handle via a back strap. Speaking of the handles- although none of them have given out on us yet, these handles are a bit awkward to use and will possibly be the first things to act up as they are the flimsiest part of this luggage set. The farther you telescope them out, the more likely they feel as if they are going to break under the weight of the bag, especially if the bags are filled.

HINT: A good hint with which I can "pay it forward" is to Scotch-Guard Fabric them prior to using. I picked up a can and sprayed the sets prior to use and that five dollar investment is helping these bags avoid all sorts of staining and discoloring at the hands of the baggage claim and after repeated uses they still look great.

Overall, this set was a terrific buy for my family's needs and should be the same for most casual travelers as well.
Again, have realistic expectations from what a set of this price should deliver and I think you will be pleased. I posted a few pics of this luggage set so you can visualize what they look like and how they all fit or "nest" together during storage. Should there be any noteworthy experiences (good or bad) as we use them in the future, I will be sure to update. Good luck.

UPDATE: 7/2016: After several more uses, this luggage set continues to function well and look very nice. The handles I mocked in my initial write up still feel a bit flimsy but they are holding up fine. The only other minor issue we have seen is that the metal skeleton between the lining and the outer fabric that helps keep the suitcase's shape is stretching the fabric in the corners of some of the pieces...it is not yet effecting the performance but it looks a bit unsightly on the black bottom-side of some of the pieces. No big deal and I continue to be impressed with this set.
review imagereview imagereview image
0Comment| 105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 19, 2011
I'll be honest, I haven't taken this on a trip yet. I bought mine for a long trip to Korea in August. However, I took mine apart, toyed with it all, and stress tested all the handles, wheels, and zippers. It's pretty sturdy for the most part and has good stitching and fastening on the main handles. The zippers ran relatively smooth and didn't catch on any of the inside material or anything (a major pet peeve of mine). The zippers are pretty large too which makes it easy, and it comes with simple locks for basic security. There's not many compartments on the set (the pics reveal all), but for the average traveler it should be sufficient. The look of it is also really nice (I bought the charcoal set) and it seems like great luggage for an affordable price.

One thing I'd worry about and stress test in advance: the extending handles used for rolling around on each one. These do seem rather flimsy, especially the release button for it. I'd recommend playing with each a few times and pulling firmly to see if it'll hold without breaking. Mine held fine but I can see where people may snap there's accidentally (especially if you're not careful). I'd be curious if people would give more specifics as to what broke on their handles (the release button, the telescoping part, or the actual handle itself). I'm also curious whether they were using this handle to carry the luggage or if it broke just rolling it around.

Just buy in advance and test it all out well before you leave, don't blind buy and never try it until you pack for the airport.

Update 6/20/11: I took these to Vegas for a weekend trip and they held up well. I used the handles and pulled them around for a while on the trip. I had to take these around the airport for hours since my flight was cancelled and I checked in a two hotels. For a single weekend I got a lot of use out of them and they were sturdy. Everything held up perfectly.

Update 7/23/11: I moved from Los Angeles to Seoul, Korea, then to Gwangju, Korea. This set has had its fair share of use by now and I've been lugging it around a lot in the past couple weeks in Korea. It's still going great and holding up perfectly under stress. No issues whatsoever.

Update 3/28/12: This luggage is still awesome. I took it to Tokyo, Japan for a week and carted it around a lot on subways, trains, stairs, etc. and it's still perfectly intact.

Final update 10/23/12: I noticed this review is the highest now so I'll make one last update. STILL perfect after traveling across SE Asia. I even mailed the medium piece ground (boat) from Korea to the States. The package was beat up but the luggage was still undamaged.

Okay, I lied. ONE last update: 6/16: It FINALLY broke!! After about 5 years, the handle broke off the main piece. I regret nothing!
1212 comments| 1,030 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2016
They were the expected size and withstood overseas travel. Such a great price too! We were very very happy!
on October 26, 2015
This set has an amazing amount of room and looks quite solid, but about 18" of the back seam along a corner of the large upright separated on the return flight during the first use. It was not an overpacked bag (the medium upright was solidly packed and it survived fine). I was really hoping I'd get one of the good sets that people have reviewed, unfortunately it was one of the ones matching the bad reviews.

To me the tote is pretty useless, too small for a decent laptop bag (knew this before buying). I'd be fine with just the three uprights, or if the tote was more of a small duffle.

I might even be willing to get another set of this one. It perfectly meets my needs, other than the breakage.
on July 16, 2016
I bought these in January and have gone on three different airline trips with them. I've been very happy with them. They're durable, easy to use, and good quality. And they definitely expand quite a bit. On one trip, I used the second to smallest bag because I didn't want to pay for checked bag fees. And I kept packing and packing and packing and packing. I packed two week's worth of clothes into that one bag. When it came time to close and zip, I thought I had to do the usual sit and zip. But, nope, it closed and zipped with ease And the luggage maintained its sturdy shape. I didn't even need to use the expander zippers. But it was good to know that it's there in case I do need to do the sit and zip. Overall, I highly recommend these bags.
on July 3, 2017
Awesome luggage great quality awesome deal what a score this is why i love shopping on Amazon such great buys . Well build quality bags beautiful in person love the vibrant color .I bought two set of these .great buy. happy customer.
on October 15, 2015
Nice looking set. I would not rate it five stars because it does have a very strong smell when new to where I had to air it out for several days before my trip. Also, after each flight, it was filthy, which really shows up on the grey. Of course this is partially the baggage handler's faults but it really shows up on the grey. Also, it is quite difficult to scrub it off and an annoying task after every flight. They do look great when clean and held up through one cross country flight so far.
on January 12, 2014
The large piece made it to Ireland and back with no problems, so that piece gets a 5. The color is beautiful (but don't expect it to remain so once it goes through the toils of baggage check). But the carry-on (third size down), failed on its first use. The handle broke (metal bent and snapped) when I picked it up to carry it onto the plane. I'm just glad the sharp metal didn't cut me. I haven't tried the second size down yet, but I hope it doesn't have the same fate.

I like that it expands, but that's only helpful if the handles can withstand the added weight. The carry-on wasn't expanded and wasn't overloaded (because I also had a checked bag). The pockets are also numerous and very handy for packing small things you don't want to lose in the big bag.

Will update if I use the second size down.
on July 14, 2016
Purchased these 1.5 years ago and still going strong. They fit a ton of things, are easy to maneuver and stacked creatively (I did at the airport), and can be stuffed full. Zippers are strong enough when crammed with as much stuff as possible! They've been through an airport once, and were just fine even though they may have been mishandled by people/machines (a couple pieces came back with tons of black grime). Nothing has torn, bent, broken. I'm hoping they survive for many more adventures!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.