Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,451 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,528 reviews
on March 31, 2015
I ordered this from the U.S. Virgin Islands in the Caribbean and my package came in a week and undamaged. All 4 pieces were in perfect condition all inside one another or rather all packed inside the largest of the 4. Material color matched exactly what is presented online with no discoloration or distortion. No un-seams, no scratches as with some reviews I saw and very thing looks in pretty good working condition. The carry on is also a standard size and the small duffel bag is pretty light weight and has a Velcro strap on the back to fasten onto the carry on if you so please. I've uplodded some pictures for anyone wondering.
11 comment| 175 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 19, 2011
I'll be honest, I haven't taken this on a trip yet. I bought mine for a long trip to Korea in August. However, I took mine apart, toyed with it all, and stress tested all the handles, wheels, and zippers. It's pretty sturdy for the most part and has good stitching and fastening on the main handles. The zippers ran relatively smooth and didn't catch on any of the inside material or anything (a major pet peeve of mine). The zippers are pretty large too which makes it easy, and it comes with simple locks for basic security. There's not many compartments on the set (the pics reveal all), but for the average traveler it should be sufficient. The look of it is also really nice (I bought the charcoal set) and it seems like great luggage for an affordable price.

One thing I'd worry about and stress test in advance: the extending handles used for rolling around on each one. These do seem rather flimsy, especially the release button for it. I'd recommend playing with each a few times and pulling firmly to see if it'll hold without breaking. Mine held fine but I can see where people may snap there's accidentally (especially if you're not careful). I'd be curious if people would give more specifics as to what broke on their handles (the release button, the telescoping part, or the actual handle itself). I'm also curious whether they were using this handle to carry the luggage or if it broke just rolling it around.

Just buy in advance and test it all out well before you leave, don't blind buy and never try it until you pack for the airport.

Update 6/20/11: I took these to Vegas for a weekend trip and they held up well. I used the handles and pulled them around for a while on the trip. I had to take these around the airport for hours since my flight was cancelled and I checked in a two hotels. For a single weekend I got a lot of use out of them and they were sturdy. Everything held up perfectly.

Update 7/23/11: I moved from Los Angeles to Seoul, Korea, then to Gwangju, Korea. This set has had its fair share of use by now and I've been lugging it around a lot in the past couple weeks in Korea. It's still going great and holding up perfectly under stress. No issues whatsoever.

Update 3/28/12: This luggage is still awesome. I took it to Tokyo, Japan for a week and carted it around a lot on subways, trains, stairs, etc. and it's still perfectly intact.

Final update 10/23/12: I noticed this review is the highest now so I'll make one last update. STILL perfect after traveling across SE Asia. I even mailed the medium piece ground (boat) from Korea to the States. The package was beat up but the luggage was still undamaged.

Okay, I lied. ONE last update: 6/16: It FINALLY broke!! After about 5 years, the handle broke off the main piece. I regret nothing!
1212 comments| 1,022 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2015
This Travelers Choice luggage set is a home run if you have realistic expectations. I toiled over which set to buy and went cross-eyed reading all the mixed bag reviews. After much deliberation, and thanks in part to a sale, I settled on this set (actually bought two sets ). Here is a breakdown of what all the other reviews taught me, a synopsis of our experiences with this luggage and a helpful hint to increase the look and durability of these suitcases:

First off, the luggage looks very upscale; the front side is vibrantly colored (in this case royal blue), and the tightly woven fabric has good fit & finish. There are two metal zipper pulls on each compartment which is convenient, however the zippers themselves and the pull attachments are adequate but not of superior durability. The bags are generously sized, deeper than our previous (Atlantic brand) set and this allows the bags to swallow a lot more stuff yet remain portable.
The insides are fully lined and contain straps to secure the contents. While the lining is thin and not the highest quality, it is a nice feature on a set in this price range; our previous set cost twice as much fifteen years ago and had no lining.
Each of the pull pieces have two nicely functioning wheels and an expandable handle to let you drag the bag behind; you can even attach the duffel bag onto an extended handle via a back strap. Speaking of the handles- although none of them have given out on us yet, these handles are a bit awkward to use and will possibly be the first things to act up as they are the flimsiest part of this luggage set. The farther you telescope them out, the more likely they feel as if they are going to break under the weight of the bag, especially if the bags are filled.
A good HINT with which I can "pay it forward" is to Scotchguard Fabric them prior to using. I picked up a can and sprayed the sets prior to use and that five dollar investment helped these bags avoid all sorts of staining and discoloring at the hands of the baggage claim.
Overall, this set was a terrific buy for my family's needs and should be the same for most casual travelers as well.
Again, have realistic expectations from what a set of this price should deliver and I think you will be pleased. I posted a few pics of this luggage set so you can visualize what they look like and how they all fit or "nest" together during storage. Should there be any noteworthy experiences (good or bad) as we use them in the future, I will be sure to update. Good luck.

UPDATE: 7/2016: After several more uses, this luggage set continues to function well and look very nice. The handles I mocked in my initial write up still feel a bit flimsy but they are holding up fine. The only other minor issue we have seen is that the metal skeleton between the lining and the outer fabric that helps keep the suitcase's shape is stretching the fabric in the corners of some of the pieces...it is not yet effecting the performance but it looks a bit unsightly on the black bottom-side of some of the pieces. No big deal and I continue to be impressed with this set.
review image review image review image
on April 20, 2017
These are very nice, sturdy bags. They really accommodate a lot, too! Two adults and one teenager for 6 days in Europe in April, and the three large bags were perfectly sufficient for our needs. I see where some folks worried about the handles being flimsy when fully extended, and they are a bit wobbly, but they held together just fine through several airports. The light color on the front got dirty right away, but what can you expect from a cargo hold and trips around baggage conveyor equipment. I haven't tried cleaning them, so I can't say if it's permanent, but it hardly matters - they'll just get dirty again and really they are less important (to me) as fashion statements than as functional pieces. But if you're a clean freak or something, you might want to opt for a darker color. All in all, a good purchase at a great price, if they hold up for more trips, it will have been well worth it!
on September 3, 2012
I was so impressed with the review by "SocraticMethod" and all the other positive reviews that I ignored "Maxwellhse" pics and review as a fluke occurance. Not so.
We just returned from our cruise and I am very sorry to have to say "DO NOT BUY THIS LUGGAGE!" The handle pulled off of 2 cases (largest & the carry-on) as the car service driver was taking them out of the trunk BEFORE the cruise. Sharp metal shards from where the handle broke cut his hand quite badly. The handles on the SIDE of the cases are strong, but the handles on top are attached by light metal clips that break easily. We used the side handles and telescoping handles to get the pieces on-board the ship. 4th day into the cruise, the zipper broke on the medium case's top outside pocket. Finally, the telescoping handle on the the carry-on broke in the airport coming home. All this happened the first time we used the pieces. I am very disappointed. Luckily for us,we are still w/in the return period. I just printed my return label.
0Comment| 105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2014
I purchased these for a cruise. I didn't want to write a review until I'd used them. My husband used the smallest bag to cart around his laptop. It's very sturdy and held up. We took the largest bag and the second largest with us. I put probably 15 pairs of shoes in one and 18-20 outfits in the other. Read: They were jam packed with stuff! They expanded and zipped with no problem. They got banged around in customs and with loading and unloading from the ship. They didn't fray or come unzipped. No split zipper. The handles feels a little flimsy, but we didn't have a problem with them and that was with my kids pulling the bags. We are planning on taking another trip next month so we'll see how they do then. But they held up incredibly well during our week long vacation.
on October 4, 2016
This 4 piece luggage set is fantastic! My family went to Disney world over the summer (2016) and I was initially worried about how would this less expensive luggage set would hold up on out trip. Especially going through the infamous baggage claim at out airport! Well let me tell you, I stood up to the test and then some! I'm happy to say that there were no rips, tears or punctures. I love that it so roomy and it also has many compartments inside and out. The handles as well as the wheels worked and are a lifesaver. So unless you don't have a problem shelling out the money for a Samsonite luggage set, get the US Traveler New Yorker 4 piece set. Simply amazing for the price, really
on October 12, 2016
Pretty sturdy set of luggage. It has lasted through a few airplane trips in Europe where baggage handlers aren't exactly the epitome of gentle people (are any of them in the world?).
The rolling pieces didn't have wobbling, flopping, or tipping issues. Didn't use the travel tote.
The smallest rolling piece was in compliance with most Euro airline size requirements for a carry-on, which is why I purchased this set. The measurements worked as a carry-on for Lufthansa, Easy Jet, and Brussels Air in July of 2016. But, as always, check the individual airline sizes. They aren't created equally (especially in Europe). The larger two rolling pieces were fine as check-in sizes.
Zippers are not flimsy or thin. I liked that the handles were adjustable to height.
Good bargain if you need a bigger set, but would rather spend more money exploring a new city than on luggage ;-)
on August 30, 2016
I just missed the cut off date to return this product. I purchased this 4 piece luggage set for my grandmother. I was aware of the concerns that people had about the bags not having spinners, and the light shade of gray fabric. I figured that she could use a stain resistance product and that we'd take our chances with basic wheels. Well, on her first trip with the luggage, the luggage came down the carousel looking like it had been intentionally rolled around in dirt, the basic wheels just didn't roll properly, and one side of the handle on one of the bags seems to have dislodged (for lack of a better word). All in all, I got to the airport to see that she was struggling to pull ugly luggage. As I was aware of the wheel issue and the color, I suppose I'm most aggravated by the faulty handle. I feel bad. Gonna have to spend more money on a decent set of luggage.
on May 31, 2017
Luggage was needed for 1 trip, so not too much money was wanted to be spent.

The biggest disadvantage of this product is that all cases have only a thin back layer (or bottom if the are laid down). You can feel 2 steel bars behind it. it appears these are the 'frames'.

The material can get poked very easily, and then items inside can fall out. A simple preparation is to use a blanket or similar to use as a liner inside, it appeared to have helped on the trip taken, nothing was lost.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.