Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 145 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 152 reviews
on May 27, 2014
I purchased a set of New Luxembourg (TC5800G20) luggage through Amazon Prime a few weeks ago.  It arrivede in two days and looked to be of good quality. I used it the carry on and the 25'case the weekend after I got it to go to Boston. While walking between the hotel and the subway, one of the wheels on the 25" case failed. At 33lbs total weight on a case that should have held 50 gross weight without failure, I was displeased. From the looks of it, the end of the axle where it is pressed to create a flair was not adequate to hold it in place.  The 'head' side of the axle was protruding 1" from the assembly and this caused the wheel to come loose and tear apart in just a few steps.  A second wheel looks like it is also loose. A quality problem to be sure. If looks are a big concern to you, the emblems are raised and not well fastened the emblem on the checked bag did not make the first flight. Aside from the emblem and the wheel, the case held up well and I would have ignored the emblem issue.

I contacted the company to see if they could just send a replacement wheel. They required that I follow their extensive warranty claim process, requiring 2-3 weeks of review before they decide if they will even honor a repair. Then, I would likely have to pay to send them the whole case, wait for a repair, and repeat the process if another wheel needs fixing. The warrant also hints that wheels may not be covered. Since my return rights under Prime would have been expired while I waited to see if they would repair the case. I sent it back. The bigger case had the same wheels, so the added weight there would have the same failure.

The two carry ons (different, not spinner, wheels) worked great and were rigid enough that I would have loved to keep them. The inside of all the cases were quality and well laid out.

Would not buy again until they improve the spinner wheels or guarantee they will replace them by sending you new ones for free for the entire warranty period.
44 comments| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 20, 2015
I decided to return this luggage, so my review is based only on the appearance of the luggage, not on actual use. I like the vibrant blue color, the fact that there are four suitcases and that they nest inside each other for storage. Compared to the Travelers Choice Tasmania set, these Luxembourg suitcases didn't seem quite as hard-sided, so I wondered if they might be less sturdy. Also, the Tasmania set has spinner wheels on all three sizes, while this Luxembourg set only has spinner wheels on the larger two suitcases. I ended up keeping the Tasmania set and returning the Luxembourg set to Amazon. But the benefits of this set seem to be 4 suitcases instead of 3, a lower price, and a brighter color that would be easily identifiable on the luggage carousel at airports. In the end, I made my decision based on the 5-star average review of the Tasmania set, over the 4-star average review of this set.
review image review image review image review image
on March 8, 2013
We took the smallest case and 2 largest cases with us for trip to Mauritius from USA and they ended up in same condition as left except for a few minor cosmetic scuffs. We did not strap or wrap any of them. Smallest was carry on.

The locks that come with these are NOT TSA locks so we had to buy different ones but they are still nice little extra. The inside storage is nice and I like that top lid has zipper flap instead of just buckles like some luggage. With buckles you have small items fall out when closing lid, but with zipper evrything is contained.

Along the way our luggage was knocked all off the airport luggage cart onto cement by an over eager friend 3 different times. He shouldn't ever be hired as baggage handler. They were crammed into a tiny car 3 times and I mean CRAMMED! They handled by and went through airports of Denver twice, Heathrow twice, Gatwick twice, and Mauritius twice. I also showed them no mercy when literally throwing them into van and onto luggage carts. We also had one Heys brand suitcase with us and it held up the same. It was nice in all same ways except for top lid flap was buckles so every time closing little items wanted to fall out and it did not have the little loop to attach name tag by handle like this set does. The loop is nice so handle actually protects your name/address tag and the attachment cable/string/band so it is less likely to be broken during handling.

Our flights were in extreme cold at the highest altitudes due to being long distance international, intercontinental flights. The highest I remember for sure was 38,000+ and at that time the temp outside was -59, YES NEGATIVE 59!! soooo, they held up pretty good I'd say.
on October 15, 2016
I was afraid to buy this because there were a few bad reviews and luggage is an investment. We took this to Mexico and after getting home not one scratch on them even though it was 4 flights total. They zip well, are NOT heavy and store well. I like that you can expand them a little. I also like the 2 larger ones have 4 wheels. The smallest one is perfect for quick trips and is smaller than most carry-ons. I am pretty short so this size is just perfect me when lifting into the carry on bins. The fact they are not heavy is great since we can stuff them with more clothes and not go over 50lbs! The color is nice. They did have an odor as all the reviews say however knowing that going in, I unzipped them for a week and let them breath and the odor is gone. It was a new item smell and nothing to worry about. They do come with 4 TSA combo locks.
on August 2, 2014
Purchased this July 2014 and we're very happy with it. We took all four on an extended trip and the set held up well through several flights, dragging it all around airports, in and out of shuttles, etc. In spite of it being thrown about, there are no scratches on it. The two larger cases have "spinner" wheels that are easy to maneuver in spite of their being very heavy. The two smaller sizes are small enough to qualify for carry on. The set was a good price and shipped quickly from Amazon. Love that they all store inside each other for easier storage.
on March 15, 2015
I purchased these bags, because my family and I have been through several suit cases over our many years of traveling. I thought that the ABS would be great for air travel, as they get thrown around a lot between airplanes and baggage claim loading belts. While I have only used the suitcases once, I can say that I am mildly disappointed, but I have not yet lost hope for this product. The cases are still in great condition after our flight; however, the emblem on the front of one of the cases fell off after our first flight. I understand that luggage puts up with a lot of beating; but, I would have expected it to hold up beyond the very first trip.

With all of that being said, I am quite fond of the wheels, light weight of the bags and the storage compartments on the inside. Each bag came with a zipper on the inside to close off one side from the other. That is very convenient when fully packing the case and then closing one side over the other. The wheels make for extremely easy transport across the airport and the weight of the bags makes it easy to carry as well as fill the bags to max without going over the airline weight limit.

I wish that I could give a better rating, but I am skeptical due to losing the emblem after the first trip. I will update my review after I travel a couple more times. My family and I have some trips coming up that will definitely put the bags to the test.
on October 19, 2015
Nice looking luggage. Outer shell durable but the wheel assemblies do not have metal mounting brackets, they just have screws that screw into plastic and cannot handle the rigors of travel. One wheel nearly broke completely off on its first trip. The broken wheel assembly happened to be one of the wheels used for pulling the case by the handle on 2 wheels.
review image review image review image review image review image
on July 4, 2014
This luggage all nests together for easy storage which is extremely nice. We got this for our trip to Virginia Beach. We used all 4 suitcases for the trip. I loved the divider that zips between the two sides. The largest suitcase we were able to store our shoes in the nice large pockets and keep our clothes clean. The pockets in the next largest suitcase were large enough for our children's shoes. The pockets in the two smaller cases are too small to hold much of anything. Still this was a very good set for our trip. The suitcases were very easy to pull along which was good because we had our hands full and then some. The only durability issue we had was that the largest bag had it's decal bust off going through all the baggage processing at the airport. Other than that the bags held up perfectly and protected the items inside which on the way home included some shot glasses we had purchased on our trip.
on October 20, 2016
Ok we loved the set, have used it for several trips, no issues with wheels and they have been packed with the standard airline limit. We recently had an issue with 2 of the suitcases, on the inside where the one side zips shuts, both zipper handles came completely off the zipper part. Once when we were trying to pack to leave and second when I zipped it shut full of work papers and opened it to find both had fallen off and I couldn't get in!!! So I messaged Amazon and within a matter of hours (yes hours) not day or weeks I had a response from the manufacturer. They offered 2 solutions, we could return the set to them, they would pay for shipping and send us a completely new set at no cost. Or we could keep the set and get a partial refund. Can't get much better than that. We will be returning the set for a new one. Since they are paying shipping I just schedule UPS pickup at my home. Easy
review image review image
on April 23, 2015
Very nice luggage , just returned from a trip to Italy, they held up nicely, with no damage,, that also included several bus rides from Rome to Abruzzi and then from Abbruzzo to Florence and back, I would highly recommend them, very nice and easy color to find when going through baggage claim. They are not the best out there, but I gave them five stars because they are probably the best I ever owned for the very low price, you can pay this much for only one piece of 29" luggage. Also I read some reviews that mentions the smell, which was like a new smell , that was very easy to take care of. I kept them opened for a few days in my garage and they smelled fine.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.