Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 17, 2017
I bought this set a couple of years ago. I travel a decent amount for work and I use the smallest one regularly as a carry-on. It has held up quite well not having to go through baggage handling though the wheels are really loud compared to almost any other suitcase out there. Well, the wife and I recently took a few vacation trips for which we called the larger suitcases into service. That's where the real lack of quality shined through. First, the logo badge is affixed with some thin metal bent through a receiving "washer" on the inside of the suitcase, then taped on the inside. That was loosened and ripped off on the first trip. Thankfully, it came off in my presence, so I was able to reattach it, but it'll always be a problem. If and when it does get torn off by the baggage handlers, you'll be left with holes in your suitcase. Second, the plastic feet on the side are similarly terrible. These are actually attached with screws, but the screws are screwed into plastic. Guess what happens when they're handled roughly by the baggage handlers? You guessed it, they get torn off! I lost one completely and was able to save another and reattach it. Third, the zipper broke on the mesh pocket on the inside of the largest suitcase, so I'm basically left with a giant rolling piece of trash.

But wait, they have customer support, you say; surely, you can reach out to them and at least get replacement parts and make a repair, can't you? Yeah, good luck with that. I've submitted two claims that I can only guess have been delivered to the fiery shores of Abaddon because I haven't received so much as a confirmation email back from Traveler's Choice. I might be more forgiving if this wasn't a $200 set, give or take, but for the trouble I've had with these, I could have saved myself $100 and bought a cheaper set and still probably had them hold up better than these.
review image
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 3, 2015
Great Quality! I ordered the Brown set. The color is very nice and has a sheen too it. It looks very professional for a male or female, and is a great alternative to black. As a female business professional I didn't want a bright colored suitcase that stood out but I did want the ability to quickly identify my suitcase on the luggage carousel at the airport. The luggage is light weight but also seems durable. I like that it has the possibility to expanded a few inches for when I have over-packed my suitcase. I also like the built in locks for when I have to leave my suitcase unattended on a train or bus or luggage check-in at a hotel. While the locks are likely not 100% thief proof, they seem like a good deterrent. The ability to nest all three together makes for ideal compact storage. The handle height has two adjustments, which is handy. The handle could be a bit sturdier, and the wheels could have less plastic but they do roll smoothly. I just wish the wheels on all suitcases had more metal components and less plastic to stand up to the cobble stone streets in Europe.
on October 25, 2013
I have only used the largest of the set once, but I was very pleased. First, it is beautiful. I bought the purple set and it is a very lovely dark purple with a ridged diamond pattern. I received some nice comments on it. It packed well --- after I realized you have to put your clothing in the lid and the items that need to be "contained" in the bottom so that the zippered divider can actually do it's job and "contain" everything. :) This luggage was easy to maneuver throughout an extra long walk through the airport because one of the tram stations was closed for repairs. I am only 5' tall and I had no trouble handling this large piece of luggage by myself. The handle telescoped and locked properly without a hitch and the wheels rode smoothly. It came through the trip without a scratch or dent anywhere. This seemed to be an exceptional accomplishment since the airline I flew with was an economy airline and not known for customer service or gentle care of passenger luggage. I would definitely recommend this set.
*UPDATE* I have used this luggage for three years now and have no complaints. This luggage has been RV'ing, taken a trip to Mexico, and been on a few flights. It has held up well. There are a few dings here and there that show up as whitened areas where there was a bend -- the spot is lighter in color, but popped back out and did not stay bent.
on May 15, 2015
I just opened my luggage set fresh out of the box and I have to say I am thrilled!!! It is a beautiful luggage set with so many compartments that make organization a breeze! The space is so deep, I think my husband and I will be able to get away with packing just the two bigger bags for our week vacation. I WILL say however, that the luggage exterior has me a little worried, while beautiful and incredibly light weight, I CAN see how it can get dented with rough handling. I thought it would have a much harder shell. Only time will tell how these luggages stand up, I'm hoping they will make it through when we travel next week. I will be very dissapointed because everything else is just amazing. I will update after my trip!
review image review image review image review image
11 comment| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 9, 2015
I've already used this luggage on a trip and they stood up well. I didn't have any dents or scrapes on the outer surface. The wheels worked great. I had to wheel them through the airport and again to get the rental car. They roll smoothly. I'm very pleased that I got them. We're thinking of getting another set for my wife.

I flew on Southwest and the smallest one, 21" works as a carryon; I am not sure if the 29" one is just small enough to avoid paying the oversized luggage fee asI didn't take it.

I did some online research and read that aluminum exteriors are the best but of the plastics, the polycarbonate shell was the most durable.

Pros:
they can be nested when not being used and it is easy to nest them
TSA locks; setting the locks is easy to do
come with straps so that you can piggyback them
really easy to move them about
expandable zipper
adjustable internal straps to hold your items in place - tie tapes
luggage is roomy

Cons: nothing
on October 16, 2015
These suitcases are awesome!!! This is my first experience with the all direction rolly wheels. OMG. I love them!!! I have the blue set. These bags are hard on the outside and very roomy on the inside (pleasing color scheme too). There are straps to hold everything in place in addition to an entire flap that zips one side completely shut. There are two net pockets inside on the partition flap. They also have the ability to expand if you need more space. On my last trip I started packing the large one for 7 days away but once I got it all in there I realized I didn't need the big one. I use the mid-sized one! Still plenty of room!!! The locks are easy to reprogram and use. After travel I didn't notice any scratches or dings in the outer shell. I seriously love these suitcases!! And they all fit inside eachother for storage.
on March 9, 2014
Bought this for a trip to europe. It had to be placed in multiple planes, trains, automobiles, and buses during our trip. The luggage has a durable finish that stood up to being taken off and on all of those modes of transportation. The wheels were great. It took little effort to move the large and the medium size bag even when fully packed. In fact,they allowed me to move the luggage through moving train cars with no problem while on the trip. The inside is well designed and provided good protection for the clothes. We received several positive complements about the appearance of the bags from airline employees and fellow travelers. One thing that should be changed, is the travelers choice label design and how it is attached to the bag. It should be made of aluminum and attached to the bag with a metal backing. The plastic label came off of one of the bags when handled by one of the airlines. Yes it is a minor thing but that would make a well designed and durable luggage set just a little better.
on October 9, 2016
I wanted to give these a 5 star review. I would have given that five star review after the first set that we bought, but the second set didn't seem to last as long. I know that airlines can be kind of rough on suitcases, but I couldn't imagine a wheel breaking off after a year of use. I also could not give them a 1 star review because these truly are the best set of luggage that I have ever owned. They are lightweight and strong. They do get dinged up by the airlines. The point in these suitcases is that they can take the beating, almost. I am really truly sad that the wheel was broken off of the large suitcase.
on August 13, 2014
I love, love, love this luggage! I spent a lot of time shopping for this luggage on line and this is absolutely the best! What I looked for as a priority was the wheels. The main purpose of getting this luggage was to make it easy to wheel around on any type of ground. The double swivel wheels are perfect for the job, they are durable and can handle almost any type of ground surface except gravel. It is probably not too often that you will wheel a suitcase through gravel. The durability of the sides and the handles that raise and lower, seem adequate. The zippers are of good quality and can expand if you bring a lot of stuff! There are zippered organizer bags inside and a zippered divider to keep the items in the top half from falling out. There are straps on both sides to hold your clothes in place in addition to the zippered divider. There is no wasted space inside these suitcases, all of the space is usable space. The colors are good too! I got the red so that it is easier to find them in the luggage claim, since everybody has black!
on February 17, 2016
I just received these wonderful suitcases today!!! I love them so much although I haven't used them yet, but I will be using them this weekend internationally.

The handles and telescopic handle seems sturdy. I also love how it has the clips to clip them all together so you can pull with only one hand. The lining is a tiny bit padded but not much. I also love how the wheels are 360 degrees!

Overall, I am obsessed right now because it was better than I expected! I will be enjoying this set! It is a must buy!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.