Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon startrek startrek startrek  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on August 26, 2017
Sue and Ann are good writers, I just didn't feel the love for this story. Mothers and daughters... good start, since I am both, but didn't get the mythical figures, stories or parallels. Too much of a reach for me with no reward at the end.
on January 12, 2018
I read this book on a friend's recommendation, and I promptly ordered copies for family and friends for Christmas gifts. People who reflect on their most intimate relationships, love travel, are interested in history and mythology, and are spiritual seekers will enjoy this book. The authors are able to find connections to their own personal and interpersonal development while exploring female images of the divine in Western culture and religion.
on April 27, 2014
This is a beautifully woven story of the travels of a mother and daughter. The travels are to different geographical places and also to different soul spaces. The freedom of roaming on foreign soil offers the opportunity for daughter and mother to travel to foreign spaces within themselves. As a reader, I relished in the the chance to travel along with them.

This book is wonderful for women starting their careers, rebirthing their careers, facing menopause, desiring (and brave enough) to travel within, and for women hungry for feminine divinity.

Ann Kidd Taylor and Sue Monk Kidd allow us to travel with them, and the result is a deep joy.
on September 6, 2014
This book was given to me before taking a trip to Greece. It is certainly much more than a travel memoir. This book spoke to me on so many levels I read it twice and also listened to the audio version. If you loved The Secret Life of Bees as I do, you will delight in learning how it was inspired during Sue's travels with her daughter. As a woman in her fifties experiencing the empty nest and navigating a new relationship with my own daughter, it was encouraging to know I am not alone. Sue and Ann share a remarkable journey together and take us along for the ride.
on March 18, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed this book for its rich imagery, mythological symbolisms and similar details that I apply in my travel writing. The beautiful mother-daughter dynamics of their relationship was an added layer to the story. I could relate to this book and found it to be a page-turner.
on February 1, 2010
"Traveling with Pomegranates" presents a mother and daughter journaling on various travels together. Neither knows what the other has written. Each plunges deeply into symbols of Greek & French culture. From a college graduate going through depression, to a mother turned fifty with unfilled dreams, both women are at crossroads.

The women have always shared a close relationship, yet are having difficulty discussing their deepest concerns. This conflict draws the reader as Kidd and Taylor explore their deepest issues in journal form.

In the end, there were questions that I would have preferred answered, but "Pomegranates" was an interesting read. Since I loved Sue Monk Kidd's "The Secret Life of Bees" it was delicious to find out how she conceptualized and wrote the book.
on July 21, 2017
From the moment I began reading Traveling with Pomegranates I was on their journey. The honesty they put forward caused much needed reflection on my part. I am going to follow their itinerary myself...
on July 16, 2015
This is a deeply personal story of both a mother daughter relationship and a spiritual quest for understanding the feminine aspect of faith.
Written from both points of view, a daughter about to be married, trying to find her place in the world, and a mother discovering how to approach the many facets of aging.
on June 16, 2017
This Mother-daughter teaming creates a wonderful book exploring feminism, aging, intimacy, and the divine. Both authors write beautifully apart and together.
on June 18, 2015
I love Sue Monk Kidd. I have read all of her books and loved her prologue to New Seeds of Contemplation, but this book dragged. She is a great writer but I am sure she felt a little restricted when writing about her personal relationship with her daughter. Will not stop me buying her next novel.