Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win PCB for Musical Instruments $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Travelling Without Moving
Format: Audio CD|Change

on November 13, 2013
stories captured in verse of the trappings of fame. it tells of how people lose themselves in their wealth and forget where they are coming from in their lust and greed for fame and power. it talks about how shallow people become and of no substance. a few earthy tunes are included to serve as examples of altered, exhaulted states of mind that people can enter instead of getting caught up in a superficial life. it is also about the difficulty of making real connections to people of value in a world that is ridden with mind games and meaningless concerns.
on September 22, 2016
First of all I cannot believe how amazing this CD was even though it is 10 years old. I had heard one of the songs a snippet of one of the songs on a CD I had downloaded from off of some underground website. After I Googled this song called Tallulah I fell in love with the song and decided to buy the album. The whole album is funky mix with Jazzy mixed with soul. And with all due respect I cannot believe Britain even knows anything about such an Eclectic style of music this album is the bomb! And not to mention the CD came super fast 2. I will continue to do business with them!
on September 21, 2015
A must have classic. Brilliant work, the music is cool, chill, relaxing, happy, original, you just want to jump and dance during some songs and sit and relax with a glass of wine watching the sunset with the others. Can I use the word “delicious” to describe music?, cause this is. Contains 2 CDs.
on April 25, 2017
Five Stars
on May 10, 2016
So good to hear these songs again! I'd say there's only one song on the 2 CD's that I didn't care for. All the rest are wonderful. The live tracks and extra tracks are enjoyable too. Great price and purchase from Amazon.
on December 30, 1999
Spacey-sounding synths, Jay Kay's unique vocal style, and bangin' basslines to boot. Obviously, Jay Kay's most commercial and appreciated album. I have a certain bias for this album over the others because it was my introduction to Jamiroquai, but I rank it #3. The critics scoff at Jay Kay, but they couldn't do any better. I enjoy this kinda acid jazz and I believe that it just as good as anything that's mainstream. Highlights include the smash-hit "Virtual Insanity", the spacey "Cosmic Girl," the dark "Use The Force," the movable "Alright," and the quicky title track "Travelling Without Moving." This is the album that broke them into popularity in America, and hopefully will be remembered and appreciated for being just an all-around, feel-good acid jazz album.
on January 19, 2017
Got my album in good condition it's a remaster album and I'm fine with that. Can't wait to put it on the turntables.
on September 11, 2014
This is one of my all time favorite albums. Virtual Insanity is the lead track and is super funky, but the rest of the album is just as funky, from Cosmic Girl to Digirama, a digiridu instrumental. Love this album, would recommend it to anyone.
on December 25, 2007
I really dig this music, maybe it reminds me of the 80's, or TV in my youth, but I don't find it easy to pigeon-hole this kind of funky, jazzy, poppy, dance music. Sure, it has a retro-feel, but Jamiroquai has a lot of danceable energy that's fun to listen to. It's not sugar-coated yet appeals to my 3 & 6 yr. old as well. Some of the tunes on this album aren't as catchy as others, but overall, Travelling Without Moving works very well. I also like Canned Heat, a song they did for the movie Center Stage, not surprisingly a dance movie.
on May 18, 2008
I don't know how I missed this when it was first released but boy am I glad I stumbled into it. This album is looooooaded with groove from start to finish. The bass/drum teamwork is dirty, funky, pocket-syncopated heaven. The use of disco strings, latin accessory percussion, Rhodes pianos, etc works very well together without being kitschy or tacky. It sounds old and new at the same time. And, at the end of the day, who really cares 'when' it sounds like. To me it just sounds GOOD.

So groovy.