|Price:||$10.50 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
- Spot clean
- 3-Speed Folding Fan
- Compact and portable; perfect for sporting events, outdoor use and travel
- Hangs around the neck or sits on desk, table or other flat surface
- Whisper Quiet; Uses 4 "AA" Batteries (Not Included)
1-Year Home Improvement Extended Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions after manufacturer's warranty expires
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
There are times when you'd trade your kingdom for a fan. hot, muggy climates, long waits in museum lines - you get the idea. with three speeds, directable airflow, finger-safe plastic blades, and a neck strap, what could be cooler?
Travelon® has been making Travel Easier® for nearly 30 years with fashionable, functional products that are designed and built to last.
- Product Dimensions: 11 x 7 x 3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 5.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B003DGPWLK
- Item model number: 12267-White-One Size
- Date first available at Amazon.com: March 21, 2010
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
Edit: just had another one of these break in the exact same way. Red wire came off inside again. Was good for several months though of daily multiple times per day use.
It runs on (4) AA batteries (not included). My original purpose was to have a portable fan at work since the call center forbid plugging them into outlets or a USB port. The highest level was a little too loud for me to hear customers on the headset, so I switched to another portable fan. I would suggest getting rechargeable batteries for using this fan.
If sound isn't an important factor for you, then it's perfectly functional for indoor or outdoor use--while camping, traveling, or for days when the electricity goes out.
I've had three of these, and all three of them broke in the same spot:
Press the button with the slightest deviation of pressure anywhere on the surface and the >BAM< it slips and jams to one side...and since the speed of the fan is controlled by multiple presses on the button it is no longer a question of "if" you will break it but "when" you will break it.
Fix the button and you've got the best personal fan EVER!
My only quibble is the amount of air that it moves as all three speeds. I wish it had a better ability to push more air. The plastic blades are kinda small but I believe they did it that way to keep the size at a compact mass. If it moved more air, I would have rated it 4 or even 5 stars.
You put in 4 double A batteries, push a button under the circular fan and there's 3 settings. The first one is good enough for me, I like the soft, gentle breeze when I'm indoors on my laptop. It's also great for office. The 2nd setting is great for outdoors and for those days the AC breaks in your office. The 3rd setting however is actually too strong for me, I was really surprised! It's a very powerful, blasting setting that is also loud if your surroundings are quiet.
What I love also is that you can fold it so that it sits facing you while you work on the computer or eat at your desk, etc. You can also carry it on your neck. I carry it in my purse. I take the subway frequently and sometimes the AC breaks down so that's when I pop my fan out. Air is very cool and 1st, 2nd settings are fairly quiet.
The blade is plastic, won't hurt you if you accidentally slip your finger, just makes that "buzz" sound. It's about 7 to 8 inches in length. I really like my purchase, it's been very useful during the hot LA summer.
Oh and mine did not break instantly, or have any of the problems others did. Buy from Amazon directly for quality assurance. And return it if it does break!