Automotive Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop women's shoes nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. New Moto G6 64 GB | $299.99. Save with Prime Exclusive Phones. Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on December 21, 2010
When I was reviewing all the travel jewelry rolls I just couldn't find something that was small but held a lot! Who doesn't want that when they travel?!? But, this jewelry roll arrived today and I absolutely love it. I was able to put a lot of my costume jewelry as well as silver and gold necklaces (which tend to be less bulky).

I have in it: 6 costume jewelry necklaces (could hold one more), 2 gold chain necklaces, 2 bracelets and 6 pairs of earrings.

In order to get it into its smallest state you must fold it into thirds and then in half. Full with the jewelry above it is a little bigger in diameter to the cardboard roll inside of a roll of paper towels. It's not big at all for all it holds! I suggest this if you want to take a decent amount of jewelry but don't want it to take up a majority of your suitcase. :-)
74 people found this helpful
on January 12, 2016
This is hands down the best jewelry travel case I've ever used. I take about 30-40 trips/year, and this accompanies me every time. I like that there are compartments to keep necklaces separate from earrings etc. I use the bottom two compartments for bracelets/rings (one side for gold, and one for silver), the middle row for necklaces, and the top section for earrings.

The best features of this roll are:
1. Padded exterior to keep jewelry reasonably safe from damage.
I used to have some 2 inch long glass (!) rectangle drop earrings that I keep in this roll without any extra tissue etc, and never had an issue with them getting damaged. Now that's impressive!

2. Compartments zip closed.
Many jewelry rolls I've looked at/owned have snap closures, drawstring ties, wraparound cords, loose flaps and other less-secure ways of holding your jewelry in place. I like knowing that my jewelry is zipped into small compartments, and snugly held in place with elastic bands.

3. Elastic cords adjust size as needed.
I've owned other rolls that used snaps (with several sizes) and still didn't close with all my jewelry. This cord is super stretchy, so I've jammed it full with 20-30+ pieces of jewelry (earrings, bulky rings, small necklaces, bangles etc), and I've never had a problem getting it closed. I've also never had to worry about it breaking because it's well made. One thing to note-- I have some bulkier bracelets (like the Kenneth Cole New York "River Shell" Silver-Tone Two-Row Hinged Bangle Bracelet) that do fit in the roll, but add too much bulk for my preference. I generally wear this sort of bracelet while traveling, and store my thinner bracelets (such as kate spade new york "Sailor's Knot" Hinge Bangle Bracelet) in the jewelry roll while in transit.

The one con with this case (and any travel jewelry case) is that necklaces with delicate chains are bound to get into a tangled mess if you throw them into a compartment with other items. Here are some solutions:
1. Use the middle row of smaller compartments for fragile necklaces (one necklace per compartment). This doesn't work if you are bringing more than 3 necklaces of course.
2. Buy some SE - Self Lock Bag Set - Single Zipper, 2 mil, 2x2in., 1000 Pc (or something similar) to keep fragile necklaces from getting tangled. I don't usually bother with this unless I need to bring along my more fragile jewelry, but these mini ziplocs bags do come in handy!
3. You can also try the drinking straw storage method, then put all your necklaces (stored with half of the chain looped thru a plastic drinking straw) in the top compartment. I've never bothered to do this, but I know many people who like this strategy.
4 people found this helpful
on November 1, 2016
I have been looking for something like this for forever. It's well-made. The plastic is flexible and not brittle like cheaper versions you'd buy in drug/department stores. This holds small and medium size jewelry. Probably couldn't get more than 1 or 2 large statement pieces in here. I followed the tip of another reviewer and bought tiny plastic Ziploc bags at the dollar store and use those within the organizer to store my very delicate chains and smaller fine jewelry. The elastic bands are well-built and have a relatively high stretch capacity. It's simple and gender neutral enough to make a good men's gift as well. Very pleased. Might get another.
on December 30, 2017
I travel frequently for work, and this has been a great addition to my luggage. Great way to keep my necklaces from getting tangled in transit, separating out earrings, and slim design is great for packing. Because it’s black it can be hard to see your items inside, a lighter color would be better. I’d recommend it to any girlfriend!
on September 10, 2016
This product wasn't as good of an initial purchase as I had hoped since there is one zipper at each level that crosses to close all sections. For example, one zipper for the three sections in the middle and one zipper for the two sections at the bottom. I could have dealt with that but the zipper in the middle broke when I had never even traveled with it. I had added some jewelry to all of the sections and each section was no more than 1/3 to 1/2 filled. If it hasn't even been packed or put in even the slightest stressful situation, I had to send it back. Pay a little more and buy something that will last at least more than three weeks of no travel or packing.
on August 20, 2015
I actually bought this to use for a glovebox kit. Lens wipes, aspirin, wet wipes, tissue, pens, note pads, glasses kit, eye drops, Pepto/Immodium packets, bandages, Neosprorin, hand sanitizer, etc. All in a neat little bundle for the car in case of emergency that I can take with me if I am going for a hike or just being a tourist.
2 people found this helpful
on September 20, 2012
I have been searching for months for a perfect jewelry roll to carry my earrings and maybe a necklace or two with me when I travel 2 hours away and stay for a bit. It had to be durable since I do it every weekend and waterproof since sometimes things spill or melt in my bag. I also needed something that was suitable for ALL the earrings I take with me. Before getting this roll, I just used to put them in a small organza bag or zip lock and they would get all tangled. With this jewelry roll, everything has a zippered compartment and I can put several pairs of earrings in them. I also can use the top compartment to put my hair flowers in them so the petals don't get squished while they sit in my bag. Overall, this was a great deal and one of the best quality jewelry rolls I've ever seen.
on January 16, 2014
I buy these as gifts to give to fellow female frequent travelers. But, I don't use it for jewelry. I use this for a makeup case. The top compartment is perfect for makeup brushes. Whereas all the other compartments are perfect for all the other things I use: compacts, mascara, lipstick, blush, eyeshadows. I love that it can be packed away flat for briefcases and also rolled up for suitcases. Also, it is very convenient for touching up your makeup in small spaces like airplanes because you don't have to be digging around for items, you just see what you need and stuff won't go falling all over the aisles.
on March 22, 2014
This is a great travel jewelry organizer. The compartments are perfect for my needs. I can carry bulky necklaces in the top pouch, earrings, dainty necklaces, and rings in the 3 middle pouches, and bracelets/bangles in the two bottom pouches. My only problem is the elastic bands that are suppose to keep it wrapped. They are too tight to get around it unless it's empty and rolled in one inch increments. They will not go around if you carry bangle bracelets or fold in thirds. Still is a great organizer for packing! Even has a very small loop to hang it.
|0Comment|Report abuse
I bought this for a 24-day cruise that we just got back from, and am pretty happy with it overall.

The pluses:

--it holds a lot
--it has both small and large compartments, so you can store both smaller and larger pieces in it
--the clear front makes it easy to locate what you need

The cons:

--the elastic ties are much too small, making it hard to roll up; I ended up not even using them
--it folds better than it rolls, making it take up more space

Overall, the quality of it seems fine to me, and I know I'll be able to use it for years to come.
2 people found this helpful