Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One ft Nina Nesbitt PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 203 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 216 reviews
VINE VOICEon May 30, 2011
Years ago, I found the perfect make-up bag. It wasn't until after I bought it and started using it that I realized it was actually a jewelry roll and not a cosmetics bag! After many faithful years of use, I finally wore it out and needed a new one.

After months of fruitlessly searching everywhere I went locally, I turned to Amazon.com and found what I needed. The Travelon Jewelry Roll fit the bill exactly as a cosmetics bag.

What I like about it is that it holds my cosmetics in small zippered compartments that not only make each item easy to find and access but also keep them from sliding around and breaking. This is especially important for compressed powder, eye shadow, and blush. Actual cosmetic bags have much looser compartments and these items break much easier, spilling colorful powders inside the compartments and generally making a mess.

The longer zippered compartment at the top is perfect for eye pencils, brushes, and things while the smaller sections hold individual eye shadows, blushes, etc. very well.

The whole kit and caboodle rolls up nice and neat and secures with an attached elastic band on either end, making it easy to pack in luggage or tote in a small bag for an overnight or just to have for a touchup later in the day.

I like it so much I ordered a second one to use for its intended purpose - jewelry! It works perfectly for that as well. Having several compartments allows me to keep necklaces separate so they don't tangle together during travel, while I can easily keep sets together.

No matter if you want a cosmetics bag or a jewelry roll, I highly recommend this bag.
on January 17, 2010
This jewelry organizer is great for storing jewelry for travel. It rolls up very small for easy storage in a suitcase. My daughter used hers when traveling out of the country. I wish it was a little bigger since my daughter was going to be gone for 5 months but the size is great for someone traveling for shorter periods of time. The zippers make storage very secure and convenient.
on August 31, 2011
The case is well made and the compartments are just perfect for storing small earrings to chunky necklaces. My only gripe are the stretch ties. Even when the bag is empty it's extremely hard to wrap the ties around the bag. The two ties barely stretch and are definitely too small for the bag making them totally useless. I would prefer ordinary cloth ties to wrap around the bag or Velcro or just longer more stretchable ties. Now I have to come up with my own way to secure this bag. I hope they change this design to make it the perfect travel jewelry organizer.
I bought this for a 24-day cruise that we just got back from, and am pretty happy with it overall.

The pluses:

--it holds a lot
--it has both small and large compartments, so you can store both smaller and larger pieces in it
--the clear front makes it easy to locate what you need

The cons:

--the elastic ties are much too small, making it hard to roll up; I ended up not even using them
--it folds better than it rolls, making it take up more space

Overall, the quality of it seems fine to me, and I know I'll be able to use it for years to come.
on November 1, 2016
I have been looking for something like this for forever. It's well-made. The plastic is flexible and not brittle like cheaper versions you'd buy in drug/department stores. This holds small and medium size jewelry. Probably couldn't get more than 1 or 2 large statement pieces in here. I followed the tip of another reviewer and bought tiny plastic Ziploc bags at the dollar store and use those within the organizer to store my very delicate chains and smaller fine jewelry. The elastic bands are well-built and have a relatively high stretch capacity. It's simple and gender neutral enough to make a good men's gift as well. Very pleased. Might get another.
on September 10, 2016
This product wasn't as good of an initial purchase as I had hoped since there is one zipper at each level that crosses to close all sections. For example, one zipper for the three sections in the middle and one zipper for the two sections at the bottom. I could have dealt with that but the zipper in the middle broke when I had never even traveled with it. I had added some jewelry to all of the sections and each section was no more than 1/3 to 1/2 filled. If it hasn't even been packed or put in even the slightest stressful situation, I had to send it back. Pay a little more and buy something that will last at least more than three weeks of no travel or packing.
on March 9, 2017
My 2nd one purchased. Love it!
on December 28, 2013
I already had a jewelry roll that I really like, but I found myself bringing along a small box for items that just did not fit in the smaller zipped pockets it provided. This jewelry roll fit the bill perfectly for those items! Now when I travel I carry both, they really don't take up much room. I put them in my carry-on when I am flying.

In some of the reviews I read complaints about the elastic closure straps being too small. I have not found that to be the case at all for me. I had been prepared to add extensions to the straps, which would so easy to do using elastic or other materials, but I have no need for anything extra.

I have used this jewelry roll on many trips now. I pack bulky bracelets, watches etc. in it, so it is not like they are all small flat items. While I don't try to pack every jewelry item I own in it, I do fill it with quite a few items. Perhaps they have added a little more length to the straps in response to the reviews but at first glance they still do appear small, so maybe not.

I would recommend this product to a friend.
on August 7, 2017
Have two of these and use these a lot since we love to travel. Really do a nice job and fit into my backpack well on planes.
on February 10, 2015
I like it. Very functional. Only problem is one of the rubberband secure thingies that wrap around the folded "roll" was broken. I improvised by using my own hair band to secure one side.