Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Travelon Anti-Theft Classic Mini Shoulder Bag, Black, One Size
|Price:||$29.99 & FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$15.01 (33%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Locking main compartment
- Slash-resistant body construction and slash-resistant, adjustable shoulderstrap attaches to post or chair
- RFID blocking card and passport slots. Front and rear pockets
- Removable LED light; Size: 8.5” x 8.5” x 2”
- Strap Length: 17.25 - 44 in Inches. Strap Drop Length: 10 - 20.5 in Inches
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
If you like a more petitie bag but want the same protection benefits of some of the larger bags then this is the bag for you! This smaller slash-proof bag offers a locking main compartment, RFID card slots, adjustable shoulder straps which can be attached to a chair or post and an LED light.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
HERE’S WHAT MAKES THIS LITTLE BAG SUCH A BIG DEAL:
* At 9.5” D X 8.5” W X 2.5” D (when empty) the bag is compact yet serviceable.
* The strap can be adjusted to provide a maximum shoulder-strap drop of about 30” (admittedly, beneficial only to persons with baboon-length arms), and a minimum of 16” - or anywhere in between. NOTE: ‘shoulder strap drop’ represents the measurement of the strap from the top of the purse/bag to the peak (center) of the extended strap. (Straps measuring less than 7” are usually carried in the hand, straps measuring between 7” and 21” are usually carried on the shoulder, and straps that measure over 20” are usually worn across the body - messenger bag style.)
* The strap features a large carabineer clip with a safety lock (see images #7 and #12). This allows the strap to be wrapped around a chair, bench, or post, etc. - and then locked for added safety. (i.e. - when sitting in a food court to enjoy a meal, sitting in an airport terminal while waiting to board a plane, et. Or, in a pinch, use the strap's carabineer to clip onto Fido’s dog collar, for a temporary leash … smile.)
* The strap and lower part of the bag body are reinforced with panels made from flexible stainless steel chain-link mesh. Although bendable, supple, and visually undetectable, this high-tech mesh/cable is tough and offers slash-proof protection from would-be ‘slash-and-run’ purse snatchers. NOTE: bag slashing is the #1 method of thieves who rob travelers; the #1 bag theft venue is shoe stores.
* The bag weighs only about 10 ounces, but helps to keep hands free. Even filled, it is vey lightweight compared to other purses, which can put stress on shoulders and become uncomfortable and burdensome as the day wears on.
* The inside of the bag is a lighter or brighter color. I ordered my bag in the stone color; the inside lining is a bright red. (See images #4 and #11.) This is not only pretty, but it makes it easier to identify objects inside the main and outside compartments - especially in low light situations.
* An LED light on a tethered key clip that hangs from a sturdy 2.5” cord is located on the side wall, inside the main compartment. (See images #8 and #9.) The light is detachable; it is powered via a small cell battery, which is included. This is a handy feature for low-light to no-light situations, whether to locate objects inside the main compartment of the bag, or to use in the dark to see close range (i.e. - when putting a key inside a house or car door lock). The clip that holds the LED light is large and sturdy enough to accommodate another small object on a ring - such as keys, purse-sized mace or pepper spray, personal alarm, or emergency ultra sonic dog repellant, etc.
* The main compartment can be ‘locked’ via a small but sturdy clip, attached to the main compartment zipper. (See image #6.)
* There are 2 zippered pockets on the outside of the bag. One pocket measures approx. 6” D X 7” W (See image #11); the other one is approx. 3.5” D X 6” W (See image #3).
* In addition to the 2 outside zippered pockets mentioned above is a roomy flap pocket that is secured with a magnetic snap (See images #2, #3, and #4). This pocket (which also has a zipper) measures approx. 7.5” D X 8.5” W. AND - inside the flap pocket is yet another pocket that measures approx. 4” D X 5” wide (see image #4) - the perfect size to hold sunglasses, eyeglasses, cell phone, or a small notebook, etc.
* The main compartment features Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) blocking technology for credit cards and passports. There are 4 sleeves for credit cards; each is roomy enough to hold several cards (See image #8). Located behind the credit card sleeves is a roomy 3.5” D X 4.5” W pocket, also fortified with RFID-blocking technology, large enough for passports, additional cards, etc. (See image #10.)
*Opposite the RFID-blocking credit card and passport sleeves are 2 ADDITIONAL pockets, side-by-side (see image #9) - each approx. 4” D X 4” W. Perfect for cellphone, keys, tissue, compact, lip balm, MP3 player and earbuds, etc.
IMPORTANT NOTE: RFID-blocking shields only HELP to insulate you from electronic pickpocketing - also known as ‘RFID card skimming.’ While the blocking shields DO make it more difficult for someone with an electronic reader to steal your information, they DO NOT block transmission of card data 100%. However, if you have credit cards with the tiny computer chip that uses radio frequency identification - also known as ‘Near Field Communication’ (NFC) - a simple homemade feature can help fortify the already-in-place defense of the RFID-blocking attribute of the bag. Either make a sleeve for your credit cards using duct tape lined with aluminum foil, or line the pocket that holds your credit cards and/or passport with aluminum foil. According to ConsumerReports.org, this added safety measure will entirely block attempts at RFID card skimming - 100%.
WHAT I PERSONALLY LOVE ABOUT MY NEW TRAVELON ANTI-THEFT SHOULDER BAG:
* I ordered my bag in the color ‘stone.’ The bag has slightly more of a taupe hue than what is pictured online, but I like it better. The bag is made from 900 D polyester, with an obviously water repellent finish. See images #1, #2, and #3. (‘D’ represents the weight of the fabric; 900 D being a high-quality and sturdy fabric.)
* Instead of being my ‘when-traveling-or-on-a-day-trip-bag-of-choice’ that I expected it to be, it has become my favorite shoulder bag for everyday use.
* I purchased my classic mini shoulder bag online at Amazon.com for $30.10. This price is lower than what I would have paid for it at Travelon.com, Overstock.com, and eBaggs.com. Also, because it was listed as a Prime product, I paid nothing for shipping, and received the bag in only two days - which makes it an even sweeter deal.
* Love, love, love the tethered LED light … it proves to be a handy little feature.
* Although small and lightweight, this well-designed bag holds a lot! IN ADDTION TO all my credit cards AND my fat wallet with checkbook (albeit, not fat with money), I have the following stored my mini shoulder bag: eyeglass case, cell phone, pens, small notebook, lip gloss, travel size tissue pack, store receipts, coin purse, 8-inch Samsung tablet in its case, MP3 player and earbuds. My sunglasses can hang inside a cloth case from one of the external clips or rings … leaving room to spare inside the bag, not to mention one external pocket still totally empty.
* I love and appreciate all the great safety features in this bag design, so that I can spend more time focused on enjoying the moment.
* The mouth of the main compartment opens a full 6.5” wide! (See image #9.)
* Because it is so lightweight, it is a great choice for people like me, with back and/or shoulder problems. It doesn’t pull on sore muscles and is more comfortable to carry on my shoulder than any other bag I own - AND the strap STAYS PUT on my shoulder, better and for longer periods of time (instead of repeatedly slipping off, the way most of the straps on other shoulder bags do).
Note: I paid full price for my mini shoulder bag; I DID NOT get it free or at a reduced price in exchange for an evaluation. So, why did I take the time to write such a detailed review? First, because I am a writer. Secondly, because I am like you. I depend upon the comments and experiences of other consumers when making an Amazon purchasing decision.
As my pictures show, it is approximately 9” tall and 10” wide. If you are a person who likes to pack all of your worldly possessions, into your purse, and do not mind the weight of 10lbs+ of stuff digging into your shoulder, then I do not recommend this specific bag. It simply is not large enough to accommodate everything and then some. If you like the security features of the Travelon bags, you will need to look at their larger sized purses.
However, for a small purse it has a surprisingly large amount of roominess in the main interior, which opens to about 3” wide, the zipper pocket (back side of purse), the smaller zipper pocket and zipper pocket with flap (both on the front side of purse) are all useful and roomy too.
I use a skinny wallet (believe me it is packed) Vs a rectangular brick sized traditional wallet. Where the main compartment zipper opening is about 8” wide, there could be difficulties navigating a large wallet in/out of the purse. I carry my cellphone, pens, flashlight, tape measure (yes - you never know when you’re out shopping, if you’re going to need to measure something), lip balm, comb, food snacks, sunglasses, maps &/or tickets depending on the event.
My purses (black or burgundy) have gone with me on vacation to Las Vegas, Acadia National Park, to work, out to dinner, etc. Wearing it as a cross body bag, I feel the purse is secure, is the right size for my daily needs and the additional slash-proof features, main compartment latch, adjustable shoulder strap length are all an added plus.
I’ve had my black purse for almost a year and have had no issues with quality or wear. I liked it so much, I ordered it in burgundy.