Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 162 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 167 reviews
on November 16, 2013
First, shipping was 7 days. I ordered it on the 9th and received it on the 16th, so right off, shipping was as expected. Second, the color is better in person. On my monitor it looks more purple, as in true purple. In person, it looks like a deep eggplant. I saw the description as "Eggplant", but I ordered it thinking if it was too purple I would just send it back. I won't be doing that though, it really is a deep eggplant and at night nobody will be able to tell it's even eggplant, it will look brown, which is perfect for what I want, but if you're wanting that true color wheel purple, this isn't it. There is a pocket on back that does not lock, but it's close to your body, so I will use it, but obviously I won't put anything too valuable in there. The back pocket will fit a paperback with a little room to spare, and it is perfect for a guidebook and some maps, so that's what I'll use it for. The top flap, which has the twist clasp, opens to the main zippered compartment, which is a locking zipper. I put my iPad in there just for size purposes, and it fits with about an inch left on each side (going side to side). Front to back, with the iPad in there, it left about an inch on either side. So, I'll put my iPad and hand sanitizer there. There's not much room for a lot of other stuff, but it does have a zippered mesh pocket inside, which I will use for my passport And it also has a little light attached to the inside so you can see what's in there without having to pull everything you own out of the bag. The bottom flap has two zippers that attach to the clasp in the middle, as seen in the stock photo. I will let you know, this does take two hands to get both zippers undone and re-attached. This isn't a problem for me, because I won't be holding anything in either hand that would cause this to be a problem. But I can see where this might be cumbersome for someone with dexterity issues or if you know for a fact that you're going to need to get in that pocket very quickly. For me, this is what makes it anti-theft and it's what I wanted so it's not an issue. When that flap is open, it opens to a wallet type compartment. It has 5 slots for credit cards, a smaller pocket that can be used for a cell phone, and a mesh pocket that does not zip. You could fit a pocket camera there, but not if it has a lense that extends out from the body of the camera permanently. Oh, and something that I didn't see in the description, is that the bottom compartment is RFID blocking. And it also has a cut proof strap that can be adjusted to be used as a crossbody but can also be shortened enough to put on your shoulder. You could also detach the strap and re-attach it after wrapping it around a chair or something, but I won't be doing that at all. I just don't see how this bag can get any better. It is well constructed and doesn't feel cheap or flimsy, yet is lightweight. I'll be using it for a week in Germany and a week in Paris.

UPDATE:
Just got back from my Germany/Paris trip. Used this daily. It held everything I needed and it holds more than expected. What I carried daily: In the main section, I had two guide books, just regular, pocket sized books, a bottle of water, a mini umbrella, the foldable Eagle Creek bag that folds into its own pocket and zips up, and various maps that we picked up along the way, and at times, a Canon camera with a lens that extends probably 2 inches. With the camera in there, it was a little tight, but not that I couldn't zip it comfortably. I mostly did that when we were eating lunch and I didn't want to put the camera on the table. I also carried at times a travel journal and some pens in there, along with lip balm. In the front locking section, all I had was my ID's in the card slots and I did keep that locked at all times. In Germany, I also kept my passport there. In the back zippered section, I kept a smaller, pocket camera and my iPhone and maps occasionally. Still love this bag as much as I thought I would. My only issue is that when it's packed full, the back zipper gets caught on the lining if you don't zip/unzip just so. The lining never ripped, so that's a plus, but it was kind of a pain at first. Once I got used to zipping it just right, it was just natural to hold the purse so that the zipper didn't touch the lining. Even with the zipper issue, I would still highly recommend this bag. Loved the locking features and it holds a lot. And I mentioned the color being darker. Sure enough, I was complaining about not having a dark bag for dinner one night, and my husband, who hasn't read this review, said to me, well, your bag is dark purple, at night it looks black to me. So, as I mentioned in the first review, it does look dark at night, which was a big plus to me.
1010 comments| 212 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 14, 2015
Con: The RFID technology isn't as described. My office door easily reads my ID and unlocks when it's in a card slot securely inside the bag.

Pro: The inside of the bag is a bright coral color. What a nice surprise! No black holes here!

Note: The color of the bag is more grey than expected, but it's nice.
review image review image
on November 16, 2013
Held wallet , personal items. Plus iPad while in Europe for 3 weeks...safe, fit close to body,,very happy I had it..color wonderful. Passbook etc safe for me
on January 27, 2014
The bag is very roomy and fits comfortably as a crossbody. I carried the bag in Italy and felt that my possessions were safe. It was great to be able to sightsee and not worry about theft.
on January 30, 2016
I purchased this for a trip to Europe and am very pleased. It is a perfect cross-body bag. It has several pouches and compartments. It is easy to access your passport when you go through security. The bag has a thin profile. It will hold an iPad. The bag has a lot of clever anti-theft features. Thankfully, I have not had to put any of those to the test. The bag is basic in appearance, but I purchased it for the features and functions rather than the looks. I would recommend this bag for travel.
on June 21, 2017
Initially I purchased this in black for a vacation, and it worked out great. I have now purchased this in other colors. The strap is adjustable and the width makes it extremely comfortable for one shoulder or cross - body. I've only had one issue, which I returned it and received a refund. I'll order the cranberry again. If you are looking for something with security features I recommend this product. I like that they are light and have just enough room to carry the "basic". Also, it is large enough to hold a bottle of water.
on March 28, 2017
The bag lays flat against my body which I like. I am still getting used to the bag since my previous one was a Baggallini with lots of pockets but no RFID facilities. This Travelon bag does not have as many pockets. I love the "lock" fastener at the front and the fact that there is a zip for the main compartment and a flap. The bag is big enough to put an ipad in the main compartment and an umbrella, if needed. It is well designed.
on August 1, 2017
Very pleased. But am amused to find that I now set off alarms when going INTO stores walking through their alarms IF my cards are in a RFID protector inside a wallet. If carrying the cards in the RFID pocket in the bag there isn't a problem. Strange. My iPad2 in a case fits perfectly in the bag. It is a bit heavier than I would like because of all the metal hardware, but workable.
on October 28, 2014
Bag is cute with the stitching detail but some threads came loose almost immediately. Did not affect the functionality of the bag but the cosmetics. Fit an iPad vertically fine. But the weight made the bag even taller (longer). Being fairly short, it became unwieldy looking on me. Ended up returning it and choosing a different style.
on August 17, 2015
If safety and functionality are your goals while traveling oversees or elsewhere, I think this bad is a good purchase. It locks, RIFD protective, slash-proof straps, etc. I did not like the styling. The straps are so thick and not attractive (I realize this is because they are slash-proof, which is functional, just not attractive). It is very shinny which does not really show in the pictures. I returned it because I wanted something I would want to carry anytime I needed a good travel bag - and I just really didn't like the way it looked.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.