Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 147 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 157 reviews
on February 28, 2011
I'm in the business field and I frequently dress up in business appropriate attire; I notice that I often bring a coat hanger just to hang my suit at the back of my car behind the driver's seat on the passenger overhead handle. After many years of driving on the freeway and watching my suit sway back and forth and sometimes even slip off the coat hanger, I decided that there must be a better way to keep a suit suspended in great condition. Then this product caught my eye. I drive a 2009 Honda Accord and when I attached it to my headrest, to my surprise, the tension grips the headrest very well. So I decided to test it; I brought out my suit and put it on the coat rack. Because my suit isn't heavy, I decided to give it more weight by pulling down on the coat rack. Again, to my surprise this coat rack continued to stay on the headrest even after possibly 10 pounds of downward force! I was shocked because I expected it to pop off (not snap off because this coat hanger is quite tough, the metal is quite stiff and the plastic at the bottom is tough).

Pros and Cons:

Pro(s):
- Tough, heavy duty quality
- Grips the headrest's bars nicely (and the plastic tension clips at the bottom don't swivel easily so it helps the rack stay in place)
- Does not cause your coat/jacket to sway while you drive
- Doesn't cover your blind spots (when you put it behind the driver's side)
- Doesn't hinder a passenger from sitting behind the coat rack with a coat being hung (although it will be a bit crowded for him or her)

Con(s):
- Size, it's actually quite big so putting it away can become a problem
- The plastic tension clips at the bottom are big (about 1.5 inches) so the head rest won't be able to go down to support your head if you're a short person

Other Note(s):
- I'd like to say that this coat rack seems low profile, but everyone that rides in my car always notices it first (without a coat, jacket, or suit on it, the metal has a very brilliant shine to it)
- Because this coat rack is directly behind you (if you put it behind the driver's side), when you drive you may freak out because it can seem like someone is directly behind you (it took awhile for me to get used to the feeling)

Recommendation(s)/Suggestion(s):
- If the rack does not seem stiff enough, try stretching the bottom outward. This way will cause the plastic clips at the bottom to push out with more force making it grip the headrest bars better and stiffer.

Overall, this coat/jacket rack works wonderfully and I gave it a 5/5 because it works well with all my coats/jackets and solved my problem of preventing wrinkly and dusty coats/jackets.

Thanks for reading this review. Cheers!
on June 9, 2016
Exactly as described! It might be a bit difficult to "install" (depending on how far apart your headrest "poles" are located). I own a Nissan Altima and it did take a bit of effort to squeeze the wires together to fit onto the headrest. But at the same time, I appreciated that because I trusted it wouldn't fall off easily even with heavy clothing on it. It may have been designed for one coat/jacket, but I usually have 4-5 hanging on it! Very sturdy!

Only minus is that it doesn't block a bit of the back seat window (behind the driver's side). The first couple times, it kind of surprised me because I only look back when I'm trying to change lanes and my jacket was obstructing some of the view. But I got used to it and it doesn't bother me any more. (I don't think it would get in the way if you install it on the headrest of the passenger side?). Also, it does get in the way of whoever sits in the back seat (if you have a lot of passengers in your car often, you should weigh the options).
on January 31, 2012
I purchased this item simply because I wanted a place to store my coats and suit jackets while I'm driving and I hate to hang them on the passenger roof handles as they block visibility. I drive a 2009 Mercedes CLS and it fits perfectly. It feels very durable and looks good enough that most people think it's a factory accessory in my car. It is really shiny and I happen to notice people staring at it in traffic. The hangar is really wide, so I would imagine that this is intended for midsize and above sedans.

Pros:
-Sturdy Design. Can hold full length wool coats with no problem.
-Quality product. It doesn't look cheap or out of place in a really nice car.
-Very functional.

Cons:
-Very wide. This could be a problem for smaller cars.
-Clips are really large.
-Have to remove every time you have passengers in the rear. (While this isn't a big deal for me I can see how annoying this might be for someone with kids or frequent passengers. The last thing you would want is someone to go face first into a hard metal hangar if you were in an accident)

One of the best purchases I've bought for a car next to all weather floormat.
on February 24, 2016
Cons:
Does not fit all cars bought for 2012 Honda CRV and later tried to use on '15 Acura TLX and would not stay on as the headrest posts are to close. Other reviewers had claimed that fitment on Hondas would be tight but i had to give it a try.

Pros:
Does work with other cars I've tried, Domestic and foreign makes.

It works great, use it almost everyday to keep jackets off the floor or seats. Even had multiple jackets with pockets full and its held up well.

The bottom line is if this was purchased solely for use in a Honda/Acura in my experience it will not fit the headrest posts securely, but has worked well in a handful of other cars i have tried. I would recommend this product and have.
on December 10, 2013
I like the idea of this, but the attachments that connect it to the headrest piece are a big large and you to raise the headrest quite a bit. This is not their usual position, even for when I have passengers, so raising and lowering it is a bit of a hassle. Also, I have DVD screens mounted inside the headrests for rear seat viewing. These are blocked with the rack in place. Also, it's so bulky that it is obtrusive to rear passengers even if they don't intend to use the DVD players, I so I have to remove it whenever I have rear passengers. This also got to be a hassle. So with the headrest up in the mounting position, I found that it was just as easy to hand the jacket using the suit hanger that it was already on. In lots of ways this is better in that I have the full hanger for if I need to hang the trousers or other items and I can take the hanger with me to use for hanging the coat in my office or wherever else I go. It is a lot easier to remove the hanger than the coat rack, even passengers can do it easily where they usually need to ask me to get the rack if I forget it's there. Sure, it looks classier than having the hanger (especially an empty hanger) sticking off the back of your seat, but the hanger does the job.
on January 25, 2013
I'm giving this product two stars as "an A for effort" but leaving out the rest for the lack of utility/functionality as they seem to be too big. I bought a couple of these as I usually wear a suit for work or often a blazer when out and about. I thought these would eliminate the need for hangers in the rear seats of the cars but upon closing the passenger door, the left shoulder of the jacket gets badly squished against the glass. Unfortunately, these are one-size-fits-all but did not fit in my case, so they're being returned. Tried them on a Mercedes-Benz C300, an Audi A4 and a SAAB 9-3. Maybe they'll work for much larger vehicles like a Navigator or Escalade.
on August 8, 2010
The travel coat rack works great! I'd often seen a coat rack in other vehicles and had thought of purchasing one. I was a little uncertain of ordering online however the product was perfect, easy to use, and works as described. My jackets fits perfectly on the rack and in the back seat. When passengers are in the rear seat I can easily take down the rack and/ or reassemble as needed. My friends often ask about the rack and how to find one. In addition the online / Amazon price it is the best deal! Compared to the price of a similar rack from the car dealer it was a third of the price! If you've thought of purchasing a coat rack...I would strongly recommend. Diminished the wrinkles on your coat by throwing your jacket across the back seat or trunk as well as, increase the comfort when you drive by hanging your coat on the coat rack!
on December 9, 2013
It's been a permanent fixture in his current car, a VW Passat for over two years now and before that a Honda Accord. It was a breeze to install and no cracking or warping from weather or heat. He said that he really liked it at first and that other people would see it and compliment him on it and ask where he got it but now he said he doesn't like it as much. It's installed on the back of the driver's headrest. My husband, who is 6'1", says it causes some blind spots so he has to be careful. Installing the rack on the other side is a bit inconvenient because he has to go to the other side of the car.
on September 12, 2012
This is a great product. I had seen similar items for years but finally found the need for one. It holds on to the coat well and it grips the headrest posts even better. The only issue I have with it is that the chrome finish is a little distracting for a while when you first install it, and you look over your shoulder, or even left or right. Once you know it's there, it's not as bad, but it's still noticeable. That will never be a solvable problem, just by the nature of design.

I think I'm going to spray paint mine a light gray and then do a matte clear coat over that. It should look just as nice, I hope, but without the shine from the chrome.
on April 10, 2011
I drive a convertible and do not have the coat hooks that are usually found over the rear windows. I saw a few negative reviews on this product, but felt that it was so inexpensive, how could I go wrong. It snaps easily into place behind either the driver's or passenger's seat and does not interfere with vision or operation of the windows or seats. The posts on my headrests are about 1/2 inch in diameter. The clips have graduated inside edges so they would fit smaller posts but probably not any larger than a half inch. Some of the other hangers, including the BMW part, seemed to be more of a permanent installation, requiring tools or a good deal of time to install or remove. This hanger snaps into place in seconds and is removed just as quickly.