Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,711 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,760 reviews
on June 25, 2015
This is an amazing travel bag. I've been to many different countries, and this is the best bag I've ever found. I love that two of the main compartments have locking zippers (take a look at my photos), and that the bag strap is slice-proof. All of my belongings will be safe! It's also great that the straps can be adjusted to wear over one shoulder or be made longer to wear across the body (check my photos). It's comfortable and can store a lot without feeling bulky. If you are traveling, buy this bag!!!
review image review image review image review image
1515 comments| 570 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 12, 2012
I traveled to Paris, Brussels and Amsterdam and had this bag with me the entire time. I'm glad I did.
Pros:
Good size, I have a bad shoulder so I couldn't take too much - this will fit quite a bit, but I wasn't able to STUFF it full which was actually good for my shoulder.
I used the velcro pouch near the top for my camera, and it was GREAT because it was Always there, and always accessible. I could get those quick shots cuz I didn't have to dig around for it.
i used the front pockets for things that I didn't care about getting stolen, chapstick, snacks, headphones, pen etc.
I used the front locking pocket for my money and tickets to metro and events for a few reasons. My friend also had this bag and she was pick pocketed in Paris - listen to this as it will hopefully help you. She had a separate change purse where she put her bills/money, metro tickets and one credit card and drivers license. Well, she took that change purse OUT of this bag, opened the change purse, took out money, paid for something, put the change purse BACK into the larger main compartment, did NOT zip up the bag, turned to talk to me, and that is when we think someone must have been watching her NOT zip up the bag and reached in and took out the entire change purse.
So, I kept my money loose, in the front zipper / locked pocket in the front, and always locked it. That way, my hands were inside of the pocket, looking for the money that I needed and when I was done, I just zipped and locked it. I never took anything out of the purse, so they didn't see what I had. I also kept my credit card and ID in the little id pockets on the very inside of this purse, not in anything seperate, which I felt very safe with as they would have to know where to pull them out from, deep inside. I had my passports and the "extra" larger bills and money/cash etc in my hidden money belt around my waist, tucked inside my pants - I would highly recommend one of those.
Anyway, the only CON to this bag was the strap. I had read the reviews about it being uncomfortable to wear, so I wore it at home and agreed. I made a "sleeve" to go around the strap, with a strip of memory foam padding from an old mattress topper that I had. I covered the foam in a stretchy black material and made another loop and put it around about 18 inches of the strap. It kept twisting on me, but after putting a few safety pins to hold it in place, I really liked having it. it was all black so you couldn't see it - and my shoulder really appreciated it. I never got a back ache from wearing it.
Another thing I would recommend is to buy a collapsible water bottle that you can fill up because it fits nicely in the back zip pocket, and when water is gone, it is flat and adds no weight or bulk til you fill again.
I also used the carribeaner clip to clip this bag to my chair a few times. OVerall, great bag, except for the uncomfortable strap, which can be fixed by putting on a little pad.
55 comments| 1,031 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2015
I purchased this purse in the two pocket style, in the color midnight for a trip to Europe. This purse was wonderful to have, both because of how much storage it provides, but also for the peace of mind that it provides. There were many times that we ended up crammed into crowded subway cars, shoulder to shoulder with a lot of strangers. Even though I was nervous and uncomfortable for the obvious reasons, I would have been much more so had it not been for this purse. With the clipping zipper pockets, it really eased my mind that my wallet and cellphone were at least somewhat more difficult for someone to simply grab out of my purse. Most of the pockets (except for the two on the front) have clips that allow you to secure the zipper closed, hopefully allowing you to notice if someone were making an attempt at your valuables. The adjustable cut proof strap also made the purse comfortable to wear and easy to keep closed. The purse held a lot, but still remained flat enough that I could even wear it under my coat when necessary. I would definitely recommend it for traveling.
review image
on January 23, 2016
Quite disappointed in this bag. It was a very good travel bag while it lasted, but it did not last very long. After 6 months of use, one of the front magnetic buttons fell apart (see picture). After 1 year of use, the main zipper fell apart (see picture). It is now unusable because I can't get into or secure the main compartment. I had very much hoped to get more than 1 year out of the bag, but nothing is ever built to last anymore. The Travelon bag has proven to be yet another cheap bag with a very limited life before it breaks and falls apart. I suggest finding another manufacturer to buy from.
review image review image
on May 5, 2016
This thing is even more impressive than I thought. Maybe I didn't notice all the features before I ordered it, but there is a light clipped inside to prevent you digging around for things (that you can also clip your keys to) and both main compartment zippers clip to another part to keep someone from just sneaking up and unzipping. The whole bag is padded very nicely, like a laptop case.
It would probably fit an ipad mini perfectly inside. It is extremely well-made, the RFID compartment has 5 slots, which nicely fits my passport and 4 credit cards. Also, the zipper for the main compartment actually zips all the way down one side of the bag to expand when you are searching for something. This might be the only purse I have that doesn't transform into a bottomless pit of confusion and loss when I am looking for something.
I have decided that I like this bag so much that I am actually going to upload pics of all the parts and give a more detailed review.
In the photos:
On the front of the bag, there are two pockets with magnetic fasteners/buttons that would easily fit a standard sized phone. The two photos I took of the zippers clipped to the bag itself are two different compartments, one located on the front above the two magnetic pockets and one is the main compartment itself (which unzips all the way down one side). Inside the main compartment you can see there is a light clipped, and 5 slots for passport/credit cards. There are two pen pockets and an inner zipper pocket. There are also two open sleeves on the interior, one that i can fit my whole hand in (could probably fit a can of coke or a baby bottle) and the other is slightly more narrow, I could get my fingers into it up to the knuckle. On the other side there is another large zipper pocket that does not secure the zipper to a clip, which is clearly made to be worn up against the body.
on February 27, 2012
First: I ordered this purse around 5 pm on a Thursday evening and it was delivered on Saturday morning - and I only paid for standard shipping.

I bought this purse for a European vacation I have coming up. There are things I need in my purse that I can not live with out but I could not find a compact purse to fit it all. As soon as this purse was delivered I began to unload my "regular" purse and EVERYTING FIT. I used this purse all weekend to test it out and see if it really worked as well as I hoped and IT DID! I didn't have to unload everything to get to one thing out because of all the great pockets. The cross body style is so comfortable and the cell phone holder actually fits my droid!

I am excited for my trip and this has taken on big stressor off my shoulders. This purse fits a lot stuff, looks cute and lays flat - even when stuffed with your stuff. I highly recommend this purse for everyday, not just travel.

***2016 update - I am still using this purse for when ever I want a smaller, cross body purse. It has held up to 4 years of abuse, concerts, beer festivals (and spilled beer), vacations - a week in New Orleans! I even throw it in my washing machine after the NoLa trip and it survived!
22 comments| 378 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 29, 2016
I purchased this from Warehouse Deals and item arrived with should strap torn out and seam gaping wide open with threads hanging.
review image
on July 1, 2015
Really, I don't get the glowing reviews & positive comments on spaciousness. Ordered this at the last minute & as I pack, I can see this was a waste of money. First, take a look at the carbine strap holder. It screws together but was already loose when I got it. I think I am going to take another carbine that I have on hand to replace it because this is so flimsy & easy to loosen.
Second issue- space! This is not nearly big enough. A water bottle &.a Nexus 7 just fit. No room for anything else.
The part that really bugs me is the zipper installation. Using a basting stitch to install a zipper in a travel bag? Really??? It made the zipper binding stick up so it would catch in the zipper. Wish I had time to return it, but don't, so I used clear glue to seal it down & hopefully keep the stitching in place. Taking one of my Baggallinis along just in case this turns into more of a fail than it already is.
review image review image review image review image
0Comment| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 3, 2016
I just received my package...literally it just arrived maybe 10 min ago. I bought this to use on my upcoming trip to Bangkok and wanted something that I could securely keep my Baht (Thai currency) and credit cards in. I was a little concerned based on some of the previous reviews because of some issues with seams and the snaps on the front pockets but I took a chance since I had plenty of time to return and find a substitute if needed.

My cross body bag was flawless. I checked the seams that other users said they had problems with and the stitching showed no flaws. I checked the bag inside and out. The next item I checked was the snaps on the pocket as one user had an issue with one of the pockets having the same snap type so it would not close. Both of my pockets had the appropriate male and female snaps. I loved the fact that you could "lock" the zipper so nobody could try and unzip the bag and steal your items. Secondly, the fact that they have a small light inside the purse right inside so you can find your items is really helpful! I need that for my large purses I carry on a regular basis at home! While I was concerned that the bag may be too small I actually found that there is a lot of room inside of my necessities (passport, credit cards, chapstick, ponytail holders and money). I'm on vacation so I only carry what I need and not an entire purse full of items that screams "please try to rob me". I firmly believe if someone gets into this bag while I am wearing it; it is because either I left the zipper unlocked or am physically unconscious (and that's not about to happen).

Oh and the bag has built in RFID blocker. However, just to be safe I went ahead and purchased RFID Block ID Credit Card and Passport sleeves from Amazon as well. I am so excited for my vacation and I can't wait to be able to use this. Oh as a note I am 5'8" and did not have any problems with the strap being too short. You can adjust it to where it is comfortable to you but I still had plenty of room to make the strap longer if I wanted to.

I did not receive any compensation for purchasing this item. I know people are concerned about false reviews....so am I as I LOVE to shop on Amazon. I'm just a woman who was looking to make a good purchase for some vacation essentials.
on August 29, 2016
I was worried that the bag was going to be very big but it turns out it has the perfect size: not big at all but not too small. The material looks resistent and feels light, it also has an internal mini lamp to look thru your stuff . Inside it has 4 pockets (1 of them has zipper and the other is for cards) plus space for your pens. Nice bag , really nice!
review image review image review image review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.