Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 16 reviews
on June 24, 2010
On the website, these appear to be a fabric mesh embedded in clear plastic. I've seen bags like this before and they are very durable and useful. However, these bags are actually just cheap plastic with black lines on it, not actually a fabric mesh. The plastic is thin, and the sewn seams are of poor quality. I returned them to Amazon.
55 comments| 711 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 21, 2012
Having read all the reviews I was prepared to receive non-mesh, cheap plastic envelopes that are frankly overpriced. But I needed something last minute and because I wasn't expecting much, these little cases actually worked out really well for a recent lengthy road trip. I used them for sorting various papers and keeping cash, tickets, and miscellany. They're decently flexible, have quality zipper pulls, and held up to dozens of daily open/close moments. I feel they're most effective for items that lay more flat, because even the larger sizes aren't designed for bulk. The bargain basement 'mesh' printed design is entirely unnecessary and frankly silly, but for safety pins, hotel receipts, rubber bands and cash denomination sorting, again, they held up quite nicely. They should be priced at half of what they're sold for, but I still don't think I could buy as many envelopes of various sizes at my local dollar store. If you're not a frequent traveler, don't require hard core protection/storage, and desire mainly paper organizing these should do the trick. If you're budget conscious and not embarrassed by using Zio-loc bags then just use those and save yourself the $$.
33 comments| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 19, 2010
First time I used it the zip broke and I didn't even over pack it and what looks like a mash is just printed on the plastic. Ziplock bags will do the same job for cheaper
0Comment| 270 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 8, 2012
If you're looking for something that will last a lifetime...these likely will not. However, I expect to get many years out of them. Some hold contents I access rarely, others are used often. I have one that holds my inhaler and chapstick on the outside of my hiking pack...very hot, very cold, LOTS of use on a recent trip (like 20x a day, literally)...I still expect this little bag to hold up for many years. Conversly, the one that holds my emergency 'things' in the car...I expect that one to hold up nearly a lifetime. They are plastic, no mesh, they are not "thick" but stronger than a zip lock baggy or even a Hefty brand freezer bag. I like them, the zippers seem well sewn for me and held up fine to my harsh use for the past few weeks. I am buying an additional set.
on November 8, 2012
Can't beat that. They seem well made for plastic bags with zippers. Each has a little attachment loop (cloth) on them to hang off stuff or keep them together. These are great for travelers who want to easily find stuff, keep it dry and who are organizers and hate searching for chargers, hand cream and those other annoying searches! That's me. I wouldn't depend on them to take my good camera on a water rafting trip, but walking around China, Africa, etc, checking into airlines, perfect. I would stash a camera in one for a sudden downpour.

FYI: my chromebook fits in the big one without the case on it, and my nexus 7 fits nicely in one with the case on it.
on June 29, 2010
I was a little disappointed when I received these at first because of the material. I was traveling internationally and it required a lot of US essentials that are hard to find when traveling abroad. These keep me perfectly organized and it was so easy to find everything because the bags are clear! I used one for sunblocks, lotions, first aid, hair stuff, etc.. I am now using them on a daily basis at home. Great for the beach, day-to-day stuff, or travel!
on April 14, 2014
The set is supposed to have 7 pouches, but only had 5. I am currently waiting for the replacements.

This pouches work very well, are sturdy and very practical. I purchased them for an uncoming train trip/vacation and will use them for makeup, toiletries, tech stuff, etc.
on August 28, 2012
Clearly these are inexpensive packing bags, my expectations were not high. When I received the bags they were clearly factory sealed but there were only 6 bags not 7. They have a hang tag stating 7 bags, they even have a year warranty. I noticed another buyer stated she only got 5 bags. To me this lacks integrity. It may not be much but Travelon is making money by shorting these bags. When you order these types of items you need them immediately. It would be logical think they are banking on no one complaining for every 7 people they short there's a whole new kit. Think of all the places these sorts of things are sold, Online, airport gift shops, mass merchandisers. Apathy = $$$. I've complained to the company as well. If they actually make good I will change my review. I'm just so sick of mediocre service from companies because they can get away with it.
on December 4, 2013
Best thing ever invented for travel! After a trip with these I came back to buy more. Great value. Never again do I buy bags I can't see through. These are fantastic.
on June 30, 2010
I got these for our vacation based solely on the reviews here on Amazon. It made our trip easier by eliminating the digging in the carry-on's and were way more dependable than Ziplocs. The zippers were much sturdier than I was anticipating and the varying sizes fit our needs perfectly.

I used them to separate My medicines, small toiletry items, Snacks, just to mention a few. Having them separated into these bags made looking for things easier in the carry on. For the price of 13 bucks it was well worth it. Try them you won't be disappointed,

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.