Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 158 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 174 reviews
on June 10, 2011
First, after reading a few reviews and the product description I honestly wasn't convinced it actually provided RFID blocking, so I went and tested it by putting an RFID card in it, closing it, and trying to get an RFID reader to read it. No dice, so in this reviewer's experience, it works as advertised.

Beyond that, it is almost the same size as a passport. The good news is that it isn't bulky in your pocket and isn't much bigger than if you just had your passport alone (as far as width and height). The downside is that putting a passport or credit card into the wallet is a tight fit. Your passport has to be completely tucked in for the wallet to close. And it is a bit rigid, making it feel bigger in your pocket than a comparable soft wallet.

For the card slots, the leather may relax a bit over time, but I have found that more than 3 to 4 credit cards (or ID cards, license, etc.) isn't very practical with this wallet. Inserting and removing cards is challenging. And the card slot furthest from the edge is slightly deeper and allows your credit card or driver's license to completely vanish under the leather, making its retrieval something you'll wish you had tools for.

If your wallet is, as my previous one was, a repository for all things you might need from passport to credit cards to business cards to place to store receipts after dinner, you'll either want to skip this one or reconsider if having more than three kinds of Visa cards on you at all times is really necessary. But for carrying a passport and a couple of basic items and blocking RFID from reaching those things, this gets the job done nicely.
on May 30, 2012
...because it holds the passport inside securely but not tightly flat, it has allowed my passport's pages to dry out back to their original condition! Previously I was keeping my passport in a sealed trifold wallet which must have been too airtight, because after my passport had spent a few weeks close to my body in a hidden security belt during my last trip, the pages were kind of damp and sticky.

Don't know how well the RFID blocking works because I haven't had any means of testing it yet. But generally I do like travelling with this wallet, it makes it easier to locate my passport in my multi-pocket travel vest due to its heavier weight. Sold build quality, too. I also like that it conceals my nationality from casual passersby since in some parts of the world, being an American is not something you really want to advertise.

I do wish it had more pockets, especially one for cash...but oh well, you can't have everything!
on January 14, 2014
This passport case fits a U.S. passport and 5 cards. I can't comment on the RFID blocking function because I haven't tested it. Aesthetically it is exactly what I was hoping for - the leather is a decent quality and finish. A good value, too. The only thing that would make this better is a snap, strap, or some other way to close the case.
on December 6, 2014
It does what it advertises -- it blocks RFID as its supposed to. I'm not sure what it is about companies that create the passport cases but they design the cases as if you aren't going to be taking the passport out. Let's face it -- if you are going to use your passport you are not going to leave it in the case -- it is always taken out and then you have to put it back in. This case does not allow a quick exchange and also adds unnecessary bulk as it is thicker than it needs to be. There seems to be some type of unnecessary "padding" in this that adds to the bulk. All in all it wasn't what I was looking for -- thin with easy in & out with the passport -- so I am returning it. I don't want to spend triple this price for a thinner and easier to use cover but it looks like I may have to do that.
on March 12, 2013
When shopping for a Passport case that provided good value, there were a lot of leather/leatherette options I carefully considered. I didn't feel most of them to could combine elegant design with either the ability to protect my documents, especially the sensitive data encoded on the RFID (radio) chip included on every new Passport. I selected this case based on the existing reviews and its simple design. The case itself is definitely discrete, and honestly I was a little underwhelmed when first opening the package - but it's absolutely everything it claims to be. Rather than having an entire RFID-blocking cover, it seems to have a thin protective strip with some sort of foil-like material sewn in; this is the exact placement needed to protect the radio chip on the passport from being illegally scanned. There is a thin silver fabric "bookmark" sewn in, but it already seems to be unraveling at the bottom. Ultimately the 5 card slots in the back are a thoughtful addition and what finally tipped the scales for me in favor of this case.

Though I will probably get many years of use from it, it may not hold up especially long for frequent international travelers.
on May 16, 2012
First of all, this thing came in the mail ridiculously fast, but that has nothing to do with the product, so on to that...

I have a US Passport that has 80 extra pages stuck into it. It's thick. Most people who handle it think it's taken a trip through a washing machine. I wish that were the case, but unfortunately it's just well travelled. The case is sized well. The passport slides in easily, and closes flat easily. When laid on a table, it does have a tendance to open a bit, but it's not to the point of "George's Wallet", if you know what I mean. I think over time as the leather stretches it will stay closed on it's own better.

The credit card slots are perfect. I have piece of paper that I carry with me that is laminated and is slightly larger than a credit card, and it fits right into the slots.

The case looks professional. the outside of the case is 100% blank, it doesn't even display the brand name. The stitching seems adequate. There are no stray threads anywhere. I'm pleased with the build quality.
on February 8, 2015
Pros: Made of nice leather exterior for water resistance and smooth feel. The case is light and slim even with passport and cards inserted and it slides comfortably in and out my pocket. Never had to worry about the passport falling out. The passport holds snugly when the back cover is slide in the space beneath the card holder panel. The gray strip is convenient for marking pages in the passport. RFID blocking works

Cons: The space beneath the card slot panel is limited for storing cash. Can fit 5 or so folded bills of cash before it gets bulky. Lowest card slot is deeper than the rest so you may have to dig to get the card out of that slot. Also the card panel can gets tight if using all the slots. There is a clear plastic piece that is stitched into the back cover as part of the packaging. Be careful when cutting this off to avoid damaging the stitches.

Overall a cheap lightweight RFID blocking passport wallet for general travel
on April 23, 2014
If it were constructed to be only slightly larger then it might not have torn.

It was a tight fit, I moved very gently to avoid damage, but not gentle enough as the seam at the bottom began to peel up to reveal that the stitches are cosmetic and it was actually secured with weak glue.
on September 16, 2015
I never tested the RFID, so I can't speak to that quality, but as a passport case this worked great. It was slim, and it was a tight fit, but I liked that because I knew my passport wasn't going to fall out or get ruined. I never had to remove the passport from the case either, I usually just had to remove the one side that was being held down. I was travelling with a friend and she had a different case and was asked to remove the entire passport every time. This might be minor, but in the stress of an airport, it's one less hassle.
on May 22, 2016
I was expecting a leather-looking thin Passport Case that looked well and was built well but what came out of that box was the complete opposite. First of all, it was as if the person (notice how I say person and not machine) was blind and was putting minimal effort. Second of all, it had weird bends and folds all over the place. Also the material was very cheaply made. All in all, this is a very cheap product and is not worth it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.