BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Chris young $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 14, 2012
Definitely buy a scale for travel. Definitely DO NOT buy this one. The small indicator is supposed to move with the needle but was not moving freely so it was actually holding back the needle giving a false weight. No big deal. I moved it out of the way and had someone read the weight as I lifted. It worked fine at the start of my trip testing it at home. On the first leg of my trip in hotel the needle didn't reset to zero. I used it to make all my luggage the same weight but couldn't tell what the actual weight was. It seemed to go off a little more each time. Next one I buy will be from a store so I can return it.
on June 2, 2010
I recently bought this scale after hearing someone rave about how great they were to have, and with excessive fees the airlines charge for baggage these days, I am really glad that I made this purchase.

It doesn't take up much space in the luggage at all. And I found the scale to be pretty accurate compared to the airline's scale at the counter. By using this scale we were able to save ourselves the extra fee for an overweighr bag by shifting some things to a carry-on before checking the bag. And although we didn't really use it much, the measuring tape is a handy little addition that allows you to measure your bag if needed to make sure it meets regulation.

If you are a person who packs near the 50 pound limit, I highly recommend this scale.
on July 4, 2010
I paid 9 dollars plus tax for scale that lasted for one bag only and after that broke and gave a difference of 10 pounds. Which is really "helpful" when you arrive at the airport and your luggage is overweight. Very bad product. Don't buy it. I could not even return it because I am not in US and basically trash this piece of bad equipment at the airport. Not worth even a dollar.
on August 22, 2011
A known 30 lb. weight registers 24 lbs. on this scale and there is no way to adjust or calibrate it. If you rely on this scale you may be shocked when you get to the airport and they weight your bags. I'm glad I checked it before I used it on a trip.
on August 25, 2011
The scale is accurate and easy to operate. The problem is that its very easy to disturb the ZERO setting when you reset the scale. I wish there was a lock so that the needle wouldn't turn any further once you have set it back to zero.
All in all, its good enough for occasional use.
on December 9, 2009
Very useful, simple to use, in spite of only raising the baggage of the flat surface a pair of inches already has the APPROXIMATE weight. It is very important to know that this one device is not precise and has a margin of error of +/-2Lbs. For the rest it is excellent.
on February 16, 2011
It broke after using on 5 suitcases. I bought 2, one for me and the other for my parents. Mine broke the first day, my parents are not confident in this product so they did not even use it. What a waste.
on October 10, 2011
I only weighed 2 luggage and it broke right away. I can't return it because return policy expired. What a piece of junk!
review image
on June 10, 2010
It was working fine for about 2 wks. I used it for about 10-15 times adjusting my luggage. But always sudden, it stopped working, Just 5 days before my vacation. I wish it happened earlier.
on February 7, 2010
With nearly every airline strictly enforcing draconian baggage policies (Delta = 23Kg per person on International flight - ridiculous!!) we thought this would eliminate the counter-shock of excess baggage fee's.
Well, not with this scale! It proved so grossly inaccurate.
It was used to measure 2 suitcases and measurements were taken 5 times each by 2 different people. When weighed at the airport the bags were up to 9 lbs heavier! We nearly had to pay Delta's excess fee of $150!. Item was returned to Amazon. I'm still looking for a convenient and accurate baggage scale... as the airlines with continue to find ways to stick it to us!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.