Oil month Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on May 16, 2013
I recently ordered these for a cruise to the Western Caribbean. I hate the fact that TSA screens the heck out of you to get on the plane but no one cares when your bags come off of the plane onto the conveyor belt. Anyone can come and swipe your luggage.

I didn't think these tags would help much, but let me tell you, they did! The tags are so bright that it's almost impossible to miss them unless you're color blind or the tag is facing the wrong way. At least in my experience, no one had bright tags like this.

The only caveat to this is that in order to open the tag up, you have to take the entire tag off and slide the tag into two pieces. Think of it like how when you play cards you separate the cards but they are still semi-connected. I like this feature because when the tags are securely attached to the bag, you can only see the name. If something is that urgent (like your bag being lost), then someone will have to take your tag off to see the entire address and phone number.

Just remember to read the opening instructions before you attempt to open the tag. I broke one because I thought both sides completely separated. Both sides are held together by a little tiny plastic "button" in order for you to slide the tag into two pieces.
22 comments| 131 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 25, 2013
These tags are made of tough plastic with a rubber-like strap that snaps close to attach it to your luggabe handle. All you do is take off the strap, swivel the top around, put your name etc on the card- making sure your name appears in the window (I printed off our names and address on white printer paper, using small font and it fit perfectly and is very readable. I also put a piece of clear packing tape over the paper in case the little plastic window cracks) It's nice to have just our names visible instead of all our information. Then swivel it back around, put the strap back on and you're all set to go. Highly recommended.
0Comment| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 18, 2014
I only ordered one set and got two sets with it!! What a great surprise! They seem very durable with a hard shell. Very bright pink! More of a brilliant brighter color than the picture shown for the order. Ordered them on the 16th and just got them today! Only two days later! Make sure you take the whole strap off to actually open the case and fill out your info and slide one of the halves around don't try to take it off! It's ment to swivel! I'll be putting these to the test next month on a trip to alaska! very impressed with these so far!
review imagereview imagereview image
0Comment| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 31, 2013
These luggage tags serve their purpose admirably by being solid and instantly recognizable on the luggage carousel. However, there is a secret as to how they work, and if you are not forewarned (as I was right here on Amazon) you are likely to break them. A tiny illustration showing how to separate the pieces would do wonders -- they open like a fan. I would recommend these with the caveat that you must be careful and take some time to learn how to use them.
0Comment| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Top Contributor: Petson August 11, 2014
I bought these solely for the purpose of quickly spotting my luggage as it comes around the carousel, since I already have tags on the suitcases. The Neon Green are nice and bright! I will probably leave my old tags on them at least until I see how these new ones hold up after being tossed into the luggage bins a few times since they are made of hard plastic.

Important: There are no instructions included so you won't break them if you:
1. Take the strap off the tag by unsnapping it.
2. Slide the sides away from each other. Fill in your information. Slide the sides back together, then put the strap back on and snap it onto your luggage.

Easy-peasy as long as you don't try to remove the rivet holding the two sides together.
on July 4, 2013
I purchased this luggage tag because I bought some new luggage, and unfortunately I was unable to find the old luggage tag that was similar to this. I figured it looked close enough so I would give it a try.

This product is about as well made as you can get for two pieces of plastic, and the strap that holds the tag is the same as I've used on other tags, so no complaints there either. I'm a big fan of limiting the amount of information that is visible to onlookers when they see your bag, and this tag does just that. However, I can see that many people will have an issue with the tag because of the design.

In order to open the tag you need to take the strap off. The top will then swivel and uncover the information inside. Many people think, "wait, that's stupid. It's really inconvenient to take the tag off to see the information inside." However, that's the entire point of this product. You don't want someone to be able to easily slide open the tag and see your personal information.

The point is to discourage the quick look at your personal information, that's all. Yes, some people can't figure out how to open the tag, but if in the event my bag is lost and they have to break it open to get my email or phone number, I'll take the $3 loss in exchange for my bag.
on January 13, 2015
I bought these for a trip home for Christmas. They ended up in much better shape then one of my pieces of luggage did. I like that my info wasn't on display for any random person to see. I had read previous reviews that said they were difficult to open. I didn't have any problems. Just take the strap that attaches to your luggage off and slide them open (as the directions that were on the packaging stated). There is nothing hard about it. The bright colors make it a little easier to pick your luggage out in baggage claim which is nice. The only reason I deducted one star was because there was a note in them that stated they contain materials known to the state of California to cause cancer, which I hadn't seen anywhere in the item description when I ordered them. It wouldn't have made a difference to me, but it might for some.
on September 20, 2013
Good tags that show your name only for those wanting more privacy nowadays. Could have been better illustration on how to open tag that plain picture on placard holding straps. I would have preferred a little stronger strap to go around suitcase handle since these are a little on the light side but I'll see when I field test them next week with airline/cruise ship excursion. Color is bright pink neon that does stand out well as one reviewer commented. I probably should have gotten another color since it went on purple (solar rose) color bag. Would be excellent on black, white, yellow bag. I may order some in bright yellow or other contrasting color for future use if strap holds up--lock mechanism is fine but where strap goes through buckle may be weak link--we'll see.
on July 22, 2014
These travel tags were just what I needed. Made of sturdy plastic, they did not crack, chip or break during my recent trip to Bogota, Colombia. Plus the straps stayed securely looped around my suitcase's handles. And my suitcase, which is black, was easy to pinpoint at the baggage claim, thanks to the tags' eyecatching neon green color. What I also liked about this product is that the tag, when closed, exposes only your name; no need to reveal your entire contact information. All in all, these are great-quality tags that will surely benefit any traveler. I highly recommend them.
on May 11, 2014
I saw you from across the room. You glided along the conveyor like a leaf on the breeze. Your neon green color called to me, almost teasingly, "Come.. Get me. Take me. Now."
Your frame is nicely curved; gentle, soft edges. Your black garter-like strap strong and secure with it's ability to hold on tightly. It's comforting and, at the same time, exciting each time I see you make an entrance.
I can still remember when we first met. I removed your strap, slid it from your slot, and spread your panels wide. Your information section took my ink willingly, and I shared some personal information with you. We made a connection.
I look back on the time we spent together-- the places we've gone, the things we've seen. I have no regrets, and I'd do it all over again... with you.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.