Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 244 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 254 reviews
on May 16, 2013
I recently ordered these for a cruise to the Western Caribbean. I hate the fact that TSA screens the heck out of you to get on the plane but no one cares when your bags come off of the plane onto the conveyor belt. Anyone can come and swipe your luggage.

I didn't think these tags would help much, but let me tell you, they did! The tags are so bright that it's almost impossible to miss them unless you're color blind or the tag is facing the wrong way. At least in my experience, no one had bright tags like this.

The only caveat to this is that in order to open the tag up, you have to take the entire tag off and slide the tag into two pieces. Think of it like how when you play cards you separate the cards but they are still semi-connected. I like this feature because when the tags are securely attached to the bag, you can only see the name. If something is that urgent (like your bag being lost), then someone will have to take your tag off to see the entire address and phone number.

Just remember to read the opening instructions before you attempt to open the tag. I broke one because I thought both sides completely separated. Both sides are held together by a little tiny plastic "button" in order for you to slide the tag into two pieces.
22 comments| 131 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 25, 2013
These tags are made of tough plastic with a rubber-like strap that snaps close to attach it to your luggabe handle. All you do is take off the strap, swivel the top around, put your name etc on the card- making sure your name appears in the window (I printed off our names and address on white printer paper, using small font and it fit perfectly and is very readable. I also put a piece of clear packing tape over the paper in case the little plastic window cracks) It's nice to have just our names visible instead of all our information. Then swivel it back around, put the strap back on and you're all set to go. Highly recommended.
on October 31, 2013
These luggage tags serve their purpose admirably by being solid and instantly recognizable on the luggage carousel. However, there is a secret as to how they work, and if you are not forewarned (as I was right here on Amazon) you are likely to break them. A tiny illustration showing how to separate the pieces would do wonders -- they open like a fan. I would recommend these with the caveat that you must be careful and take some time to learn how to use them.
on May 20, 2013
Survived traveling 15,240 miles. Not in the way. Liked bright color.Wore very well. Easily identified and easily attached. They were very durable.
on May 24, 2013
Nice tag but no instruction on taking it apart and filling in address. Take strap off and slide sides left or right away from each other. What looks like a button is a rivet holding the two halves together. Do not pry apart. I did and broke the rivet. I had to glue it back together.
on May 11, 2014
I saw you from across the room. You glided along the conveyor like a leaf on the breeze. Your neon green color called to me, almost teasingly, "Come.. Get me. Take me. Now."
Your frame is nicely curved; gentle, soft edges. Your black garter-like strap strong and secure with it's ability to hold on tightly. It's comforting and, at the same time, exciting each time I see you make an entrance.
I can still remember when we first met. I removed your strap, slid it from your slot, and spread your panels wide. Your information section took my ink willingly, and I shared some personal information with you. We made a connection.
I look back on the time we spent together-- the places we've gone, the things we've seen. I have no regrets, and I'd do it all over again... with you.
on March 8, 2015
Just received this. I like the neon green color and the hard plastic. I read several reviews before purchasing "saying it was hard to open and broke them trying to open the tag to write the return info". THERE ARE NO INSTRUCTIONS!! so here goes. To open the tag, you must remove the black strap first. Once you do, the little round "disc" on the bottom acts like a pivot and that's what separates the two layers of the hard plastic. Will the TSA take the time to figure this out to read your info, to try and return your lost bag, I DOUBT IT VERY MUCH. I am using it as a bag identifier so I can pick out my (same as every body elses) black suitcase. I am using a different name tags to make it easy for the TSA to return my bag should they ever get lost. (God Forbid). Never been in that situation, don't want to start. Good Luck and have patience.
on January 13, 2015
I bought these for a trip home for Christmas. They ended up in much better shape then one of my pieces of luggage did. I like that my info wasn't on display for any random person to see. I had read previous reviews that said they were difficult to open. I didn't have any problems. Just take the strap that attaches to your luggage off and slide them open (as the directions that were on the packaging stated). There is nothing hard about it. The bright colors make it a little easier to pick your luggage out in baggage claim which is nice. The only reason I deducted one star was because there was a note in them that stated they contain materials known to the state of California to cause cancer, which I hadn't seen anywhere in the item description when I ordered them. It wouldn't have made a difference to me, but it might for some.
on January 23, 2015
These are great. You can put your address on them for easier return of lost luggage without having it visible to everyone. I got the bright green ones and they are exactly as pictured. I think I would enjoy the yellow ones too.
Looking for these again tonight and am shocked at the price for shipping! These are not heavy or huge-I think the shipping charge is way overcharged!
on July 4, 2013
I purchased this luggage tag because I bought some new luggage, and unfortunately I was unable to find the old luggage tag that was similar to this. I figured it looked close enough so I would give it a try.

This product is about as well made as you can get for two pieces of plastic, and the strap that holds the tag is the same as I've used on other tags, so no complaints there either. I'm a big fan of limiting the amount of information that is visible to onlookers when they see your bag, and this tag does just that. However, I can see that many people will have an issue with the tag because of the design.

In order to open the tag you need to take the strap off. The top will then swivel and uncover the information inside. Many people think, "wait, that's stupid. It's really inconvenient to take the tag off to see the information inside." However, that's the entire point of this product. You don't want someone to be able to easily slide open the tag and see your personal information.

The point is to discourage the quick look at your personal information, that's all. Yes, some people can't figure out how to open the tag, but if in the event my bag is lost and they have to break it open to get my email or phone number, I'll take the $3 loss in exchange for my bag.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.