We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- 100% Polyester
- Fabric lining
- Zipper closure
- Zipper closure
- 22" high
- Special grooved handle tubes provide extra strength and handle stability when supporting totes
Shop by airline to find the perfect sized carry-on for your trip - Shop now.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Travelpro maxlite 2 22-inches expandable rollaboard is ultra-lightweight, allowing you to pack more without exceeding baggage weight limits, a honeycomb framing system and eva foam construction provide exceptional durability while keeping it super light, the built in protective skid guards, corner guards and crash-guard wheel housings protect against potential damage during travel and the telescoping handle with two stops at 38-inches and 41-inches ensures a comfortable roll for users of different height, limited lifetime warranty
- Product Dimensions: 22 x 9 x 14 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8.8 pounds
- ASIN: B005ME3844
- Item model number: 4011122
- Date first available at Amazon.com: September 25, 2011
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
To expand on this suitcase's "qualifications," let me provide some background. I frequently travel abroad for work--often on 2-3 week trips and am an avid avoider of checking any bags due to a recent uptick in certain airlines losing my luggage or failing to transfer it to connecting flights. I will now sacrifice an extensive choice of wardrobe in favor of my clothes actually arriving with me at my destination. After reading reviews, this suitcase appeared to fit the bill for my aforementioned 2-point inspection:
1) I recently returned from a 2-week international trip which included 8 foreign and domestic flights--the bag was able to be carried-on for ALL of these flights without question from gate agents or flight attendants. I was able to pack everything I needed for this 2-week trip in this bag.
2) This bag is incredibly lightweight--without any contents it feels virtually weightless. Even being stuffed with my 2-week wardrobe--its lightweight structure held up. There is a notable difference in the ease of lifting the bag into the overhead compartment.
I have only one criticism of the bag that would warrant a rating of 4.5 stars if that were an option. For all my praise of the bag's featherweight qualities, the handles are quite bulky. I can tell that the designers did everything in their power to minimize weight (durable yet lightweight fabric, minimal metal trim etc)---however, in favor of minimizing metal fixtures--the handles are big and spongy and make for a crooked ride down the cabin aisle with the large handles bumping into armrests.
That being said--this criticism in no way makes me regret this purchase and I look forward to many more bag-checkless flights in my future.
I took a 5/16" drill bit and drilled out the plastic hub cap in the center of the wheel. Be careful to simply drill out the plastic and not the screw underneath. With the plastic hub gone, it revealed the hex head of the axle screw inside the wheel. Once you have access to that screw head, it's as simple as tightening it to the inside axle and your bag is ready to roll again. If you need access to the backside of the wheel also, it's very easy to pop-off the whole wheel assembly (unzip the inside lining of the suitcase to reveal the phillips screws). Hope that helps some people. I provided a picture of the drilled-out wheel hub revealing the hex screw. Good luck!
Most recent customer reviews
It's extremely light and works wonderfully as a carry-on for air travel.Read more