Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts spring Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 77 reviews(1 star, Verified Purchases). See all 2,932 reviews
on July 9, 2012
Please note: Treasure Island
This title is heavily abridged and aimed at children but, the Amazon title doesn't tell you this. From the inside cover of the book:

"This Great classic for Children by Dalmation press has been carefully condensed and adapted from the original version ... We kept the well-known phrases for you. We kept the author's style. And we kept the important imagery and heart of the tale."

With its large font and many illustrations the book comes out to 181 pages; whereas, the Sterling Classic unabridged with its regular sized font and no illustrations comes out to 232 pages. This gives an indication of how condensed this version is.

This one has its place as a kids version and should be clearly marked as such.
55 comments| 210 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2016
Very disappointed. We purchased this among three others for a six yeat old great granddaughter.
The print was so small as to make it very difficult to read. Not recommended for any age.
However, Amazon promptly issued a refund. Amazon has proven to be unbeatable in backing up
their merchandise and excellent customer service. Buy another version.
on December 6, 2016
Had a tear in the cover. Was very upset since this was a gift.
on February 2, 2017
I downloaded this book and received less than 2 pages. I give it a zero. Very disappointed.
I can't comment on the quality of writing since I didn't receive enough to judge.
on January 30, 2017
When I downloaded this book to my Kindle is was totally unreadable!
on May 30, 2016
Pretty boring for a so-called classic.
on January 3, 2013
the price tag was stuck on the front cover of the dust jacket. I could not peel it, scrape it or wash it off. I sent an email to mediamoguls as the insert directed:
"stupid stupid price labels won't come off I hope you didn't pay a lot for them because they don't come off and ruin the jacket stupid stupid labels
Yes I am angry
Did I mention
IT'S STUPID TO USE STICKY LABELS THAT RUIN THE JACKET"

I received the following reply:
"Those were put on by the manufacturer every single book in every single box had that label.. Funny you should mention that it annoys us as well hopefully it will come off without any difficulty I am sorry for the inconvenience happy holidays"

Which to me is an offensive reply, no action would be taken and it is my problem, something I did wrong, that made the problem. Not that anyone was going to see how to get the label off, just "go tell someone who gives a damn".

These guys are terrible
on September 25, 2015
My Granddaughter didn't like this book at all...A modern child cannot relate to this book.
on May 17, 2014
This is a classic adventure of the sea, sure to keep readers of any age hungrily turning pages till the end.
on April 18, 2014
It's a really old book. You can tell at the first few words. It might be a good book but it's so old school I don't know what people are saying. It doesn't really catch my attention.