Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 26 reviews
on May 20, 2015
This was a book that was easy to read and difficult to put down; I finished it in one day. Ms. Gold obviously put a lot of thought into her characterizations, which were much more rounded out than in any other romance I've read and contained a number of inspired details that brought them to believable life. This pays off in a story arc which is rewardingly complex. I must also praise her bedroom scenes, which are *ahem* effective, without resorting to the uncomfortable coyness used by many authors. In short, if you're looking for a romance novel that doesn't offend your intelligence at every turn (so often so hard to find!), this is a good place to start.
on May 26, 2015
A solid 4.2 out of 5 stars for this well-written book. I debated nudging it to 4.5 just because the author is a great person who has personally helped me SO MUCH with my own writing, but I decided I had to be true to my gut. Ii my opinion, it isn't quite a five-star read.
The first half of the book kept me turning pages like a mad-woman. I loved the characters and their hang-ups were as original as their individual plights. Since I'm not an erotic reader, I will say that I was disappointed to see graphic sex within the first few chapters of the book. Consenting adults and all that, but I take my personal moral code with me where ever I go. Although the use of the "f-word" I don't like was sparing, the book would have been more enjoyable (for me) without it.
I love dragons. The spin Ms. Gold put on her dragons was new to me. I liked that they weren't carnivores and that their nature had a duality (with the dragon aspect becoming stronger as they aged). The "daddy" issues that both characters had served the story and character development arcs quite well. Although there wasn't really any dull spots, I did get bogged down on the island. Even in hindsight, I feel like most of what happened there didn't serve to further the overall story.
I predicted from the reading of the blurb how the story would end. It was the way it had to end, and it was a happy ending, so who's complaining? If you don't mind erotic scenes (and I could have been happier without the dominance-submission but can see how that was a part of the characters' personas), and like dragons and happy endings, you should pick up this book at your earliest opportunity.
on June 23, 2015
Wow - I do not typically finish a novel in under 20 hours... Great characters, fun premise, very enjoyable romance plot. I'm looking forward to reading the next mythos legacy novel (Pure Sacrifice) when it releases in August :)

I liked the 3D secondary characters and the effect they had on Elaina as well as what they revealed about their boss, Alex's, personality - James the driver, George (I hope you get a tall dark and handsome one, George! I loved loved the climax - how all the mysteries from early on were revealed. I often skip descriptions in narrative to get to the action, but the descriptions in this story all flowed so nicely, even when there was a lot of detail, that I didn't have the urge to jump ahead.

The relationship between Alex and Elaina was, in my opinion, perfect. Love is only part of it - committment, respect, friendship, trust... yep, that's key stuff right there. And that's where paranormal romance meets reality, because it doesn't really matter if you are a dragon and a billionaire - or just plain folks - real romance is about these core things. About romance...

Um... the romance was, well, Hot. Like it made little old lady married me blush. :) I usually read things that I would classify as more PG-13, but this novel would get an "R", I think. At least MY mental movie version of that story did!
on June 14, 2016
I loved the whole lore of this book. The aspects borrowed from dragon legends were so well integrated and intriguing. Most of the dragon shifter books I've read have been male dragons so this stands out among dragon shifters. The plot is fast-paced and reads as much like an adventure UF as a romance. If you like your female leads feisty, this is the book for you. All around just a fascinating read that will stick with you and delves deeper into dragon legends than any other book I've found so far. The author has focused on the more unusual shifters in the books I've read of hers and the research and thought she puts into building these worlds is obvious.

Fans of Michelle Pillow, Cynthia Eden, and Harmony Raines will love this book.
on November 27, 2015
A very complex and smart story. An interesting take on dominant and submissive sides. Great world building with really interesting details. But best of all, wonderful writing. You can tell the author sweated blood and tears to get the editing and flow just right. Fabulous job.
on July 4, 2016
I liked the story. There was good interaction between the characters and I thought the story progressed at a good steady pace. I would have liked a little conflict between the knight and Elaina's father before the final battle but overall it was an interesting and different take on dragon life and traditions.
on September 15, 2015
A really good novel from the Mythos world, kept me guessing about the Dragon race and their abilities and human form, great love story that really captured me, I couldn't put it down for two days! I welcome Jami Gold to the paranormal romance scene! Great job!
on May 26, 2016
Normally when I read a story, I fix it in my head. This one is an exception. This one was well done. No scenes that weren't motivated. Nothing felt off. It was also cute.
on October 13, 2015
Well when I read the other review I was excited to read this book. This was my first time reading Jamie Gold book. I would have to it was not as hot and steamy as some said. Don't get me wrong It was a cute and fun story but same o same o. Dragon meet man, man falls in love, Dragon runs from man and love so on so happy ever after.
on June 16, 2015
I love Treasured Claim and Jami is a talented author. I really loved Unintended Guardian. That touched my heart. What a cool series. Can not wait for Pure Sacrifice.

Cookie