Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Treat Dispensing Chew Ball, Medium
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Back to School

Size: Medium|Change
Price:$6.40+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on January 3, 2007
My pup DESTROYS his toys. No plush toys or rope toys for this boy because he dismantles them within minutes. I've had to resort to black Kongs and Aggressive Chews for Big Dogs from Nylabone. He doesn't especially like those hard chews... So, I decided to give this Everlasting Fun Ball a try.

He got this Triple Crown Everlasting Fun Ball at Xmas and he has eaten several meals from it. It keeps him busy rolling it around until the kibbles fall out. He gnaws and chews at it. He bats and rolls it. He plays fetch with it. It has only been a week and a half, but the fact that he hasn't punctured it or broken off a piece is AMAZING to me after seeing him ruin other toys designed for aggressive chewers within minutes.

I just pulled out a ruler and this toy is, in fact, 4" in diameter. My 8 month old lab/chessie mix pup is already 75# -- he's going to be a big dog. This toy isn't a choking hazard for him at this time.

The everlasting treats come out pretty easily from this size ball, but he enjoys them. The everlocking treats fit the fun ball in a very clever manner; however, my pup was able to chew that up pretty quickly (as quickly as the Nylabone edibles) so I thought those were a little expensive for what it is. They'd probably last a lot longer for a dog that isn't such an aggressive chewer.

This squishy ball has brought him a lot of play time and kept him busy so I'm really pleased with it and would recommend it. As a matter of fact, I'm buying a second one for outdoors/pool time since I see it floats.
66 comments| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2012
I had high hopes for this ball based on the reviews I read and the price I paid. After 2 minutes of chewing my dog pulled off a big chunk of it. Then 5 minutes later the ball was destroyed. This ball cost me more than $1.50 a minute of play. Not a very good investment. I will return to Kong products as they last the longest. Think twice before purchasing this product if your dog is a strong chewer.
review image
22 comments| 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2007
I have a lab puppy that can eat her food in 30 seconds flat. We have been using one of these fun balls to feed her for a few months now and it works great. She has to roll the ball around to get out her food (I made one of the holes slightly bigger by cutting out the little pieces inside the hole). She now takes about 20 minutes to eat her food and gets out some of her energy doing it. We fill the ball with her kibble and it fits just fine. The only down side is filling the ball. We've made a funnel out of a top cut from a water bottle that works pretty well.
VINE VOICEon April 3, 2010
I've used a variety of treat toys (toys that you can put treats into that the dog has to try and get them out) and this is my dog's favorite. I have to admit, I really like it too since unlike something like a Buster cube it's not noisy, doesn't hard my wood floors, and when my dog brings it to me and drops it on my foot it doesn't hurt as much as the Everlasting Treat Ball. I'm not sure I'd use this with a dog that really chews on their toys, but for my sheltie it is just ideal. The trick is simply finding the right treats to put into it. Kibble works if it's not too small but my personal favorite is any of the varieties of dried treats like Dogswell Chicken Treats. I just break them up into pieces of varying sizes and stuff them into the ball. The smaller ones come out quickly, and the larger ones, well, they may not come out for a long time, and my dog will often just lick and try to chew them out (obviously don't do this unless you have a dog that is not going to chew the toy itself up!) It keeps him occupied for hours! He's even learned to bring it to me for refills or sometimes just to ask me to have pity on him and get that last treat out for him. I use the toy in many situations when he is fearful or scared, as it's so rewarding for him, that he will interact with it regardless of what else is going on. What else can I say, we BOTH love it! I bought 4 of them, so no matter how many get lost under chairs or beds, I always have one handy to fill up for him, and I always take one with me when we travel.
on January 10, 2011
My dachshund, Charlie, is obsessed with toys. OBSESSED. He loves to chew them, chase them, squeak them, de-stuff them, and destroy them. His all-time favorite toy is any ball. He and our other dachshund, Maggie, have dozens of toys between them. He was equally crazy about each one until we gave him this.

This is the One Toy. There may have been toys before, but they pale in comparison. Charlie lives and breathes for this ball. He sleeps with it. He carries it outside in his mouth when he goes out to do his business. He drops it in the bathtub and noses it around. He brings it to the mailman, the UPS delivery guy, the apartment maintenance guy...anyone who comes in the door is greeted by a little wiener dog with a bright green ball in his mouth. He can even bark while holding it in his mouth, which he does if you don't throw it quickly enough.

Even better? He is a destructo-ween. He can tear apart ANY toy. Even the toughest toy has previously been no match for him. "Indestructible" usually means it takes him 10 minutes to chew it to pieces, rather than five minutes. He chews on this ball and tears at it constantly, yet in the year and a half he's had it, he hasn't managed even a single scratch. My husband works for a specialty pet product store, and can't recommend this product enough. It's awesome! Not only is it tough, it also is really easy to clean. Charlie likes de-fuzzing tennis balls, and with this, all you need to do is wipe it off. It washes well, too, and you don't have to worry about your pet ingesting plastic or fuzz bits. Best ball ever!
on August 31, 2011
This is the first toy I bought when I brought home my 10 month Akita puppy last September, and not only was it her favorite and most played with toy, it is one of two still left in her toy box a year later. Not only that, but it's still 100% in tact! This is amazing to me because all of her other toys went very quickly as she was developing through her adolescence - this toy lasted all the way through it.

She could strategically dislocate squeakers in minutes, tear apart regular plastics in seconds and even destroy Kong tennis balls (yes the large ones) in about an hour. She loves this toy so much, it's the only one that she's ok with us leaving her alone with when we leave her at home. We stuff it with peanut butter and she has fun getting her tongue all the way through it, and rolling it over and trying it on the other side. Or rolling out chewy treats to pick up - although she won't eat the treats until the ball is empty because she gets so preoccupied with the toy itself. Silly girl.

This is the one dog toy I'd buy again in a heartbeat - except that I don't need to!
on October 2, 2008
Everlasting Fun Treat Ball / B0009YD8NS

I have several treat dispensing toys for my puppy, and I like this one the least. The design is very poor, in my opinion, at least compared to other treat toys we've used.

To begin with, it is difficult to "load" the toy with food and treats because there are two identical loading holes, one opposite the other. This means that when I pour treats in, they pour right out on the opposite side. It's like filling a bucket with no bottom, and it's very frustrating. Eventually, you have to just find the biggest treats you can, and jam them in, which is a pain and a half. Not to mention the edges of the hole catch and grab at your fingers - fun!

That brings me to my next point - you cannot put small treats or puppy kibble in here as they will fall out immediately. Only big fat treats will provide the dog a challenge, but fortunately the makers of this product make such treats and are more than willing to sell them to you. Which is fine, I guess, and I went ahead and bought some, but I prefer to fill my treat toys with at least some regular kibble so that the puppy doesn't just gorge himself on a bunch of rich treats all at once. Since this ball won't allow me to do this, it's now an occasional toy, not a reliable daily toy.

Bottom line: I feel that this toy is difficult to fill, and can only be used for "treat gorging" and not for regular dinner time. If your fingers are less delicate than mine and you just want a treat ball, you may like this - my dog certainly likes the chewy rubber and he hasn't destroyed it yet (although he's not much of a chewer). However, if you want an easy to fill ball that can hold kibble and enliven dinner time, I recommend the Omega Paw Tricky Treat Ball.

~ Ana Mardoll
1111 comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2009
This ball is the best! I have 2 Jack Russell/Chihuahua brothers who are both aggressive chewers, and they have yet to tear it apart. I simply pop a few larger morsels of dog food inside- a different flavor from what they are used to so for them it is a treat! One dog gets bored with it within 8-10 minutes- most likely because he hasn't figured out how to get the treats out. It will keep our other dog busy for as long as there is a treat inside. Neither are interested in it when it's empty! Overall though, I would say it's one of the best purchases I ever made!
on August 13, 2009
I have 3 large dogs (2 black labs and a rottweiler). My rotty has claimed this treat ball as HERS! She and my youngest lab fight over it all the time. I adopted my rottweiler when she was a year old and didn't know her toy preferences. She destroyed all the toys I gave her except this one! We have had this ball for nearly two years now and it's still in great shape. Franci loves throwing the ball down the stairs to see if any treats fall out. The little tabs inside are just enough to keep the treats in but yet let them come out if squeezed just the right way. This ball keeps my dog busy for hours.

People, here's a clue: if the treats that you're using fall out easily, buy bigger treats! If the treats are too big I break them into pieces that will fit. I even make homemade all natural treats that fit nicely into ball as well.

This treat ball was worth buying.
on February 17, 2015
If you're looking for a safe, long-lasting toy for your dog, do not waste your money on this.

I'm only giving this 2 stars because my dog LOVED it.

However, virtually indestructible it is not. It lasted a solid 45 seconds before my 40lbs dog tore it apart. Since there was food inside the toy, I was afraid she would swallow a piece of it and hurt herself.

Very disappointing.