Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 221 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 238 reviews
on October 24, 2012
Just received these yesterday. They seem pretty comfortable and I'd ordered a size 12 mens to fit my size 13 feet. That was a good move.
The construction on these are pretty poor. See the photo I uploaded in product pictures. The white wall rubber around the sole is clearly stretched by hand in a very irregular way. My pair is peeling up right out of the box. But it looks like it won't peel further, and still looks to be waterproof.
review image
on February 28, 2015
I bought these boots back in 2013. I haven't actually used them a lot in the rain. Rain boots are one of those situations where you're happy to have them when you need them. Their use for me expanded to gardening, and post-rain volunteering since they're easy to clean mud off of. Just now, about 2 year after I bought them there's a small tear on the part when there top of the foot meets the sole. I was kind of disappointed, but really, I was inadvertently trying to see what kind of beating these shoes could take. I'm going to repair them so it probably won't be too bad, it's just annoying. I still like these boots enough to keep them and repair them.

*Update* I tried to repair the boot with ShoeGoo, but the crack is in an area that gets bent so much that it will just give way and re-crack. They're not repairable so I can pretty much just use them for gardening. I wouldn't get these again. Kamik seems to be the more a more durable alternative based off of reviews.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 19, 2013
I admit that I have odd feet. I have tried SO many shoes and boots and have always been painfully disappointed. I mean PAINFULLY! These Tretorn Skerry boots have a very straight shape. Most shoes have a curved shape that bends toward the center of the body. That common shape always causes excruciating pain on the outside of my foot especially affecting my little toe. This problem has kept me from doing many things that I have tried so hard to do like hiking, climbing, running etc. Just haven't been able to find shoes that fit. I've even had specialists measure my foot, my stride, my footprint and still, no go. I suppose if I went to a specialty shoe maker and paid $400 or more maybe I could get satisfaction...but not with the price.

These boots are (almost) painless for me and for the slopping around the duck yard that I need to do every day.
I'm happy.

Update March 2016
I am radically changing my mind.
These boots worked well for about a year and a half when they started cracking and splitting around the top of the white band that goes around the bottom. I only wear these boot when the weather is sloppy and even then only for a half hour or less in the morning and the same at the end of the day. I am walking either on soft grass or mud. So they weren't getting a lot of use. My sweet hubby repaired the boots with glue and tire tube patches and so I could still use them as long as I stayed out of puddles. Recently I had to put my food in a stream to prod a little renegade duck that had flown over the fence and immediately the boots started filling with water. DRAT!

After looking around at other Tretorn rainboots and reading people's reviews it's easy to see that all Tretorn boots are of poor quality. Everyone claims cracking, splitting and leaking and not much help from the Tretorn company.
on December 6, 2013
I really like these boots. I have big calf and most tall rain boots i get will get stuck at my calf which will cause bend around the ankle area (cuz the opening can't get pass my calf). The bend along with the walking motion then causes the rubber to crack or split prematurely. This is the reason why I search for ankle or lower calf rain boots. These fits my requirement perfectly. I'm 5'3' and these come right up to my lower calf. it's easy to take on and take off. Plenty of room to tuck pant leg in. I've worn them in the rain around 3x and they're perfect so far. I took away a star because the shoe is very flat. there is not a whole lot of support. The bottom is very similar to ""converse" shoes. If you are a person that need arch support you will probably need to put an insert.

Update...We had a nice snowstorm here in NYC..Got 8inches; piles of snow/slush/salt, etc. I've been wearing these rain boots with thick wools sock and it feels great and no worries of water damage like you'd have wearing Uggs! The only minor issue is, because the bottom of the rain boot is flat and rubber, it gets very slippery if street is iced over but it's fine if it's just slush and wet.

UPDATE!!It's now Oct. 2014 and i have discovered tears along the seams of the base ( white trim part) and the boot itself. This tears seems to be where the foot naturally bends when you walk. I only wear these when it rains or is snowing heavily which was not that frequent in the course of last 11 months. i take good care of them and don't leave them out in environment. Very disappointed and expected these to last way more than 11 months for the price. Definitely won't be returning to this brand!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 3, 2014
I did enjoy it very much until yesterday (March 28, 2015) when I felt there's a wet spot in my socks inside my left boot! surprised to see that there was a slit (right where the seam is) that looks like a cut but probably a manufacturing flaw...just wondering if this should be reported to you or should i be sending this email to Tretorn company since you're just selling it for another vendor.

Just letting you know that after barely 5 months of not even constant use because this pair of boots are not warm enough for winter weather as far as it's product description says, "rain boot", the left boot had given up on me...it wasn't a big issue to me if it's not soaked deep in water up to the area where the slit is but what's the use of it being a rain boot when I will have to worry that water will penetrate thru the cut and sipped water thru the inside.
on February 14, 2014
I bought these in early May 2013. On my way to work - in 12 inches of snow and slush - on February 14, 2014, I felt some water on my sock.

On examination, I found a small rip in the rubber where it meets the sole, where it looked like the rubber had just cracked from use.

I will admit, it has been a long winter and they've gotten a bit of use, but not so much that they should be worn out. They otherwise look brand new when the salt/etc is wiped off of them.

I contacted Tretorn about it, and they immediately issued a coupon for $60 on their own website. I originally paid around $54 for the boots, but unfortunately, the same product was $75 on Tretorn's site, and the coupon does not cover tax and shipping... So I had to get a different product that was on sale to stay under the $60, and then pay around $13 in tax and shipping costs.

All in all, I suppose you get what you pay for, so $54 isn't too bad, and they did replace them at a relatively small cost.
on February 9, 2014
I bought these boots to wear with my rain gear on my annual cod fishing trip in Mass. But since the weather in New Jersey has been so wet and full of snow, I've been using them recently quite often. They are comfortable and of good quality. The soles are good not cheap and thin. They've kept my feet warm and dry and I've used them walking through rain puddles and slush and also while shoveling snow. I usually wear a 10.5/11 and ordered a size 44 EU (11) and they fit nicely. However, my feet are EE wide, they might fit loose on narrow feet. I chose the olive green color because I planned to only use while fishing. But if I were to order them again, I would order them in black so that they would look better with jeans. I'm happy with my purchase, I would recommend them as great rain boots.
on October 30, 2013
Noticed that a lot of women have bought these boots and reviewed them, and not too many men. I needed a rain/waterproof boot for boating/fishing/occasional trips to Tahoe and loved the styling since it really didn't look like a cheap rain boot you would find at walmart/target/Osh/etc.

I wear in a men's 9-to-10 in shoes (depending on the brand), but really I'm inbetween a 9 and a 9.5. I was a little worried that ordering a 9 would be too small, but to my surprise, they fit EXACT! Couldn't be happier... already took them deep sea fishing in Monterey, had sea water, fish guts and blood, mud, etc on them... got home, hosed them off, good as new! My other friend who went with the cheaper walmart route complained of his feet hurting and being cold at the end of the day; mine were perfectly fine!
on February 13, 2014
great rain boot....I wear size 11 and my calves are large...this boot fits true too size and the mid-boots is great for me....Love them boots
on May 12, 2014
These are comfortable rain boots that fit well and are nice to walk in. However, they started leaking after I had worn them for 6 months (light wear) so they really deserve a zero. (What is the point of rain boots that don't keep your feet dry?) I wrote to the company to tell them about the seams splitting open and the boots leaking but no one ever responded. I considered getting another pair but they were quite costly and I was concerned that the next pair might start leaking promptly too. So, I am trying a different brand.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.