Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tretorn Skerry Rain Boot
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

VINE VOICEon November 18, 2012
I ordered a pair of these and a pair of SLOGGERS Midsummer Tall boot, (Black flowered print) rain boots because I couldn't choose without trying them on and seeing them "in person".

I wear a size 8 shoe, have 60-year old feet who appreciate support, and most of all: comfort.

My adorable yellow Tretorns arrived first.
Easy to slip into,
incredibly cute,
plenty of calf room, and
relatively comfortable,
very roomy inside, and
the length was perfect.

I thought these would be the one.

The Sloggers also stole my heart for their fun-good looks.
Easy to slip into,
incredibly cute,
plenty of calf room, and
far more comfortable for my foot, and
the length was perfect.

What I prefer about the Sloggers is that they are designed with more of a "real" shoe style in regards to the boots' curve about the foot bed, with a small and elevated heel. Plenty of good traction grooves on the sole as well.

We live on a tree farm and just had a rain. I took them out for a walk and felt secure in my step (more than the Tretorns). Because I appreciate foot and ankle support for any kind of slippage, the Sloggers win.

The Tretorns are a classic (short) rain boot and if I were going into town on a rainy night for dinner and wanted "a look" and to keep my feet dry, these would be perfect. But so would the Sloggers. And since I really only "need" one pair of rain boots...the Tretorns are going back. =(

Thanks, as always, to Amazon.com for their fabulous Prime service, their generous return policy, and for providing a reluctant store shopper most of what she needs and wants!!
22 comments| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 24, 2012
Just received these yesterday. They seem pretty comfortable and I'd ordered a size 12 mens to fit my size 13 feet. That was a good move.
The construction on these are pretty poor. See the photo I uploaded in product pictures. The white wall rubber around the sole is clearly stretched by hand in a very irregular way. My pair is peeling up right out of the box. But it looks like it won't peel further, and still looks to be waterproof.
review image
on March 24, 2013
I ended up returning these because they weren't nearly as comfortable as I hoped. I have larger calves and they just fit over, but didn't move comfortably. These would be more comfortable on someone with average sized calves.
on June 5, 2012
I've been searching for better rain boots for a while since my old rain boots fell apart. I ended up getting these boots in yellow color. Love them!

Unlike Crocs rain boots, they are not as stiff. Quite flexible around the ankle, comfortable to walk in, and easy to put them on and take them off. Also they are surprisingly breathable despite the fact that they are rubber boots. Inside is lined with smooth, fluffy fabric. My old rain boots weren't as breathable, so if I wear them all they long, my socks would get wet from sweating inside the boots, but I don't have that same problem with these boots. I wear them all day long, and my socks stay dry. Great!

They do run a bit large, so they are a bit bigger than my previous rain boots, but it's ok though because during winter, I can wear thick socks and wear them as snow boots as well. :)

My only complain with this boots is that the soles don't have good cushions, so I'm thinking of getting a pair of sole insert. So, one star off. Otherwise, I would have given 5 stars for these boots.
on December 5, 2013
Exactly what I was looking for. A good quality pair of rain boots at a good price. And, they are really comfortable, not like some other brands. If you are looking for a good basic rain boot, look no further.
on February 13, 2014
great rain boot....I wear size 11 and my calves are large...this boot fits true too size and the mid-boots is great for me....Love them boots
on October 24, 2014
cleans up easy, the traction is great. the boots price is fantastic for the quality.

Keep the original box, after a trip, simply wash the boots off, put the inserts back in, and slide them into the box. They will naturally dry off through osmisis in the cardboard and be fresh and firm for your next outing.
on February 28, 2015
I bought these boots back in 2013. I haven't actually used them a lot in the rain. Rain boots are one of those situations where you're happy to have them when you need them. Their use for me expanded to gardening, and post-rain volunteering since they're easy to clean mud off of. Just now, about 2 year after I bought them there's a small tear on the part when there top of the foot meets the sole. I was kind of disappointed, but really, I was inadvertently trying to see what kind of beating these shoes could take. I'm going to repair them so it probably won't be too bad, it's just annoying. I still like these boots enough to keep them and repair them.

*Update* I tried to repair the boot with ShoeGoo, but the crack is in an area that gets bent so much that it will just give way and re-crack. They're not repairable so I can pretty much just use them for gardening. I wouldn't get these again. Kamik seems to be the more a more durable alternative based off of reviews.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 26, 2014
Boots are comfortable and protect you from any H20. Shoes fit properly and are great on the feet. I wish they did not discontinue the white ones! I walked about 3 miles, one way, and had no issues with the boots. The boots are lined, inside, with a white felt material.
on December 6, 2013
I really like these boots. I have big calf and most tall rain boots i get will get stuck at my calf which will cause bend around the ankle area (cuz the opening can't get pass my calf). The bend along with the walking motion then causes the rubber to crack or split prematurely. This is the reason why I search for ankle or lower calf rain boots. These fits my requirement perfectly. I'm 5'3' and these come right up to my lower calf. it's easy to take on and take off. Plenty of room to tuck pant leg in. I've worn them in the rain around 3x and they're perfect so far. I took away a star because the shoe is very flat. there is not a whole lot of support. The bottom is very similar to ""converse" shoes. If you are a person that need arch support you will probably need to put an insert.

Update...We had a nice snowstorm here in NYC..Got 8inches; piles of snow/slush/salt, etc. I've been wearing these rain boots with thick wools sock and it feels great and no worries of water damage like you'd have wearing Uggs! The only minor issue is, because the bottom of the rain boot is flat and rubber, it gets very slippery if street is iced over but it's fine if it's just slush and wet.

UPDATE!!It's now Oct. 2014 and i have discovered tears along the seams of the base ( white trim part) and the boot itself. This tears seems to be where the foot naturally bends when you walk. I only wear these when it rains or is snowing heavily which was not that frequent in the course of last 11 months. i take good care of them and don't leave them out in environment. Very disappointed and expected these to last way more than 11 months for the price. Definitely won't be returning to this brand!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse