Core Products Tri-Core Orthopedic Neck Support Pillow
|Price:||$29.99 - $89.45|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- Size refers to Gentile or Standard support
- Both pillows are 24”x16”
- Side lobes are taller for side sleeping
- Two different sized lobes provide a better fit for different sized sleepers
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Tri-Core® Cervical Pillow Helps Provide Proper Alignment of the Spine Our most requested fiber support pillow provides better support and lasts longer than traditional pillows. The trapezoid-shaped center delivers great orthopedic benefits for back sleeping by cradling the head and allowing the built-in neck roll to firmly support the neck. The comfortable, but firm, side lobes support the head in a natural position when side sleeping. Maximize Your Comfort and Support Two different width neck rolls on top and bottom provide a custom fit for different sized sleepers. The side lobes are taller for side sleeping, and help support the neck. High resiliency fiber springs back when compressed for exceptional comfort and durability. Blended cotton cover is breathable and soft to the touch. The Tri-Core standard size fits a standard pillowcase and the midsize and petite will leave some extra room. Which Tri-Core Pillow is Right for me? The Tri-Core is available in three sizes to accommodate different sized sleepers: Full Size - Firm & Gentle, 24x16" (61cm x 41cm) Midsize - Firm & Gentle, 22x15" (56cm x 38cm)? Petite - Firm, 19x12" (48cm x 38cm) Choose a size: Most adults find the standard size to be appropriate. Smaller framed adults generally find the midsize appropriate. Adolescents and children generally find the petite size to be appropriate. Choose a firmness: The difference between standard support (firm) and gentle is subtle. The gentle support option contains less fiber, which slightly reduces the height and firmness of the pillow. NOTE: If you are new to a cervical support pillow, it may take time to adjust; this is the pillow working to help restore proper cervical curve during sleep. Patent #5,088,141UK Patent #2-000-739
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
When it arrived, I was disappointed. It felt way too hard, and not at all like it would be comfortable. I rushed to the bedroom so I could lay down on it, and decided it wasn't what I had hoped for and was going to send it back. Boyfriend steps in with the whole "don't knock it till you try it" thing, and I agree to give it a week. Very glad I gave it a try.
A few positive notes:
1. Yes, it's firm. They don't mess around when they call it a firm, full-support pillow. As it turns out, that's part of why I love it! Soft pillows (and even "firm" ones) that I've had in the past usually last me no longer than a month, as my fat head is really spectacular at wearing pillows down to nothing. I have some real faith in the durability of this pillow, even after just the first couple of nights.
2. Yes, it's large. They don't make that claim lightly either. I would say I have a normal to slightly larger than normal head. There is AMPLE space for it in the indented region of the pillow with some movement to either side befor running into the side-sleeper edges. Attached photos show pillow with remote as well as monstrously large 17 lb. cat for size reference.
3. As a multi-faceted sleeper who could go pro in tossing and turning or creative sleeping positions, I find that this pillow is equal parts supportive and flexible (flexible more so in the sense that it gives you the freedom to sleep comfortably in a variety of ways, not so much the nature of the pillow itself) for many kinds of sleepers, from back, to stomach, to side, and anywhere between. My headaches are now few and far between, and I've discovered that my neck actually DOES have range of motion after all! Who knew?!
And of course, a few qualms:
1. Mine, as a few others have noted, had a slight off putting smell to it when it arrived. I have a pretty keen olfactory sense, and the smell of mine was light enough that I could be lazy and go right to sleep on it without any cleaning the first night without any issues. Didn't even notice the smell after that. My guess is that airing out was good enough, or that perhaps it was the plastic bag that smelled. Who knows. I'm not too concerned.
2. Definitely not love at first sight, and that's why I've rated it four stars instead of five. If boyfriend hadn't made me keep it, I would have sent it back without a second thought. No, it's not going to be the perfect pillow for everyone, but for some it will probably be pretty stellar if you get as far as trying it out for a week. Don't give up on it based on your "fresh out of the box" impressions.
Hope that helps clarify some of the common concerns.
Being a side and stomach sleeper, I started my quest by narrowing down the search to pillows that claimed support for someone like me. I tried the "wavy mountain memory foam pillow" (that is not the products name...I don't remember what it is called) that cradles your head and I also tried a flat pillow. Neither one seemed to help. Looking on Amazon, I stumbled across this one and was intrigued by it's design. It was definitely something that I had never tried before. The good thing is that it wasn't too expensive and I was getting desperate. I tried to find this particular pillows in some of the big box stores to at least put my hands on it but I could not find anything like it anywhere. So, I guess I was destined to gamble with this thing.
Upon arrival, I inspected the quality of the pillow and was pleased with that. The stitching was well done, it was clean, and I didn't notice any horrible smell. I wouldn't say this pillow is "soft". Other pillows that I purchased throughout my journey, had a feeling of sinking right down into them and some were like rocks. This one is firm and it's innards has that stuffing that you find in craft stores. It feels and looks like that poly-fil fiber. I found some of it stuck to the pillow fabric when I removed it from it's plastic bag and I can also see it through the white material that holds it all together. The garment tag also states that it is made out of 100% Polyester Fiber. Anyway...if it works...I don't care if it is made out of seaweed...I'll try it! Trying it out for the first time was a little odd. I tried the "Larger Neck Support" side and turned it around to try the "Smaller Neck Support" side. The larger neck side actually seems softer allowing your neck to sink down nearly level with the "hole" area. This also enables the lower areas of the pillow to support the sides of your neck a bit more. I decided to use this approach as it seemed more comfortable to me. I also noticed that when I am sleeping on my side that if I angle the pillow a bit that this helps me achieve a more comfortable position as well. I am trying to avoid sleeping on my stomach because I think that is where a lot of my problems are coming from. I've been using the pillow for a few weeks now and although I cannot say that I am completely healed, I am doing better. I can now turn my head to back the car out of the driveway a lot more comfortably! So is it the pillow or me being a bit more conscientious of how I am sleeping? Who knows, maybe a combination of both. I found this pillow to be comfortable for me to sleep on. The "hole" area allows my head to rest down and my neck appears to level out when using it. I do angle it a bit for comfort.
Well, that is my adventure. There are probably better ones out there but honestly I can't afford to try them all. This one was more unique than some of the ones that I tried and it seemed to be what I needed. Waking up in the middle of the night, with massive neck pain, and noticing the positions that I was putting my neck in gave me the idea that I needed something to sink my head and help hold my neck in place. Of course, when we are sleeping, some of us toss around quite a bit and we are never truly "settled" into one place all night. I can tell you that I am waking up a lot less at night and after a few weeks of use, my neck feels a whole lot better. I can't say that I'd recommend this pillow...because we are all different sleepers...but I can say that it worked for me.