Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 114 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 123 reviews
on August 20, 2010
I get my dry cleaning done near the office since there are no cleaers near my house. I wanted a bag to transport the clothes back and forth on the subway. This bag is exactly what I needed.

The tri-fold design is important because I needed a bag that folded up small to carry on crowded subway platforms and trains. When folded up, this bag is only a little wider then the briefcase I usually carry, and fits underneath the subway seat. Two buckles keep the bag folded up. It has a large and useful side compartment and a few smaller compartment good for papers, cufflinks, etc. You can unfold it to hang it in the car or a closet. Despite being a compact bag, it holds a lot. I put two full suits in here with thick hangers and had no problem. Typically I transport 5-7 shirts at a time, and there's still room to spare. The weight distribution makes the bag feel lighter than I expected, considering the contents.

The bag seems reasonably well constructed given its great price and I have had no problems with it so far. The zippers work fine, but aren't particularly smooth, and the faux leather cover on the hanldle feels a little chaep but who cares, really. On the other hand, the shoulder strap and its fasteners do seem well made. Considering the price, I still give it 5 stars.

One thing to note if you're considering this is that the bag uses your hangers, which protrude through the outside when its unfolded. It doesn't have its own hook like a typical piece of luggage would. The protruding hangers are folded into the middle of the bag when its closed so they won't catch on anything. There's even a velcro strap to keep the hangers secured to the bag.

I think its a great bag for light travel, dry cleaning, taking a suit to a wedding, or packing dress clothes for a weekend trip. Overall I'm very pleased.

UPDATE: This bag has withstood over two years of regular use and abuse, and it still going strong. I've had no problems with the zippers, strap fasteners or anything else. It's held up even better than I expected. Even the faux leather handle is still in great shape.
0Comment| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 20, 2015
6/16/2016 Update on this bag, I have had this bag for almost a year now and it is still terrific. The quality is great, I fly with this bag at least once a month and it has held up great. A lot of my flights are on little planes where you have to check your carry on planeside, I never have to do that with this bag, I can still carry it on and it fits in the overhead no problem. I am so glad that I bought this instead of spending hundreds of dollars on another style. Its big enough to hold everything you need for up to 4 days of travel.

This is a terrific bag for the money. I have done about 3 trips with it so far and have no issues carrying it on the plan. I just took a 4 day trip for work and was able to fit in 2 suits, 5 shirts, 1 pair of jeans, a polo, 3 ties, 4 days worth of socks, boxers, and undershirts, and toiletries. Now it was packed pretty tight with all that in there but I was still able to do it. Most of my trips are just 1 or 2 nights and this has provided plenty of room.
on February 8, 2014
I travel weekly on business, and a big problem is keeping suits, shirts and pants as wrinkle-free as possible while not having to deal with a clumsy garment bag on the plane. This product answers that need perfectly. The tri-fold fits easily into the overhead bin and clothes are surprisingly wrinkle-free. I have used it a few times now and have not once had to touch up a shirt or slacks with a hotel room iron. The material is light but sturdy. It easily holds a suit, 3 or 4 shirts and a pair or two of slacks, plus it has some (but not a lot) of additional storage pocket room. As a heavy user of bags and suitcases, I heartily recommend this product.
on December 13, 2012
I bought this garment bag about six weeks ago and have been using it every single week since because I fly weekly. The bag is great. I put 3 button downs, 1 pair of pants, and other accessories for 4 days of travel in it easily. Could definitely fit more if you wanted it to. I usually get to my hotel and take my clothes out and hang them up and they tend to be pretty wrinkle free by the time i want to wear some. I never feel the need to iron anything. I think it has a very solid construction given the price of it. Great bang for your buck. Purchasing this really comes down to whether you want the pros and cons of a strap garment bag or a roller bag.

Pros:
Keeps shirts pretty wrinkle free
Great price
Fits in way more spaces in overhead bins than roller bags as it is more malleable
Less likely to be forced to gate-check when boarding a plane
Sturdy construction (zippers, fabric, strap... etc)
Looks great (some garment bags are terrible looking)
Perfect size for up to a week of travel of 7 days, 6 nights

Cons:
You have to carry it on your shoulder
The shoulder strap pad could be a little thicker
I wish it had a compartment for laptops but I'm definitely asking a lot by that
on April 29, 2017
I purchased this bag for a tour that the university choir I'm a member of recently went on. I had never used a garment bag that folds before, so I was a little apprehensive of how well it would keep my tux and two suits wrinkle free. But all in all, it worked better than expected and I definitely would recommend this product! If you want a more detailed review of this product, I hope the following will be helpful.

First let me go over the mechanics of the bag. This bag is roomy, actually bigger than I thought it would be. The tux that I wear for tour has long tails that I feared would be too long for the bag, but they ended up fitting just fine. To give you an idea of how roomy it was, I was able to fit a full tux, two blazers, two dress shirts, two pairs of slacks, two belts, and a pair of dress shoes with room to spare. The bag ended up bring a bit wider than I had expected, but still fit excellently into the overhead compartments of our bus.

The bag has two pockets on the outside of the bag once it's folded up that are fairly spacious (that's where I had the shoes, ties, socks, etc) and one pocket on the inside which is smaller but I found was great for belts and studs/tie clips.

When you fold the bag over, there's a loop that can snug over your hangers to keep them from moving, and the bag is secured in the folding position by two clips. The bag has both a shoulder strap and a briefcase-like handle, the latter of which I ended up using mostly. Finally, if you're wanting to use this without having it folded, the hangers do poke out the top of the bag so you can keep it unfolded while hanging.

The construction is tough, and the zippers held up well. I don't know how well the faux leather handle will do over time, but for a week trip it hasn't had any problems.

All in all, I don't really have any complaints about this bag and I would heartily recommend it to you if you're someone who values a compact size, quality craftsmanship, and the room to store things other than a suit.
on May 19, 2015
Really love this bag - it is great for a 3-4 day business trip. Very light and durable, I have had it for about 2 years and use it 1-2 times per month. Plenty of room for 1-2 suits, 3-4 dress shirts, and an extra pair of shoes. The outside pocket is very big typically carry my toiletry bag within, but have also carried 2 pairs of shoes there although that gets a little stuffed. TIP: As there isn't really an internal pocket with closure I suggest getting a packing mesh 'box' (ebags has a few) to throw in the bottom of this bag and hold your socks, t-shirts, etc.
on December 17, 2016
This garment bag is perfect for my needs. Despite it's small size, it can hold a lot. I was initially worried that a tri-fold would cause wrinkles, but this bag does a decent job at minimizing wrinkles. I've stuffed as much as 2 suits, 5 dress shirts, socks/underwear/undershirts, and a pair of shoes in this bag all at once. Very convenient to travel with this bag.
on March 30, 2014
Use it for airplane travel. On both United and Southwest I have been able to get this onboard as a personal item (in addition to a carry-on roller) without issues. In fact, the back of the bag (which you can't see in this picture) the top two zippers can be unzipped to slip the handle of the carry-on through so it travels as one unit #likeaboss!
Easily fits 2-3 suits and shirts. On my last trip I was able to squeeze 4 suits and 4 shirts into it (each shirt was on a hanger with a suit; the limiting factor for folding is the thickness of the hangers) but it was pretty stuffed - being a tri-fold it is less forgiving of bulk than a bi-fold would be.
Construction feels a little cheapy but sturdy and has withstood months of usage so far without issues.
on November 10, 2016
Great bag and perfect for taking uniforms daily! Also great for traveling via public transportation. The handle is very sturdy and the shoulder strap is good.. i've only had it for a week so hopefully the shoulder strap holds up. The only thing is the material on the inside of the garment bag (where you zip/unzip to put your garments in is a little on the thin side. Hopefully it holds up for a few years.
on March 16, 2017
Travelled this past weekend for the first time with my tri fold garment bag. It was a game changer. Held three days of clothing with shoes including a suit. Everything was perfect no wrinkles and still had room to spare. I did pack my starched shirts in and slacks in dry cleaning bags but I always do that. The bag was more than I could have asked for. I am glad I made this purchase. A game changer and I travel a lot. Fits in the overhead on flights no checked bags!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.