Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 9 reviews
on December 26, 2010
This is a pretty good prep book for the AP Spanish Language & Composition Exam. After page ii, it contains no English, so it's a really great opportunity for students to immerse themselves in Spanish as they prepare for the exam. The book is divided into ten chapters, each with a different theme (the home, health, the environment, etc.). Each chapter includes relevant vocabulary words and idioms, as well as 20-25 pages of AP-style exercises. The activities are great practice for the exam, and they typically relate to the theme of the chapter.

The book is a great resource, but there are a few important details to note:
-This book is intended for use in a classroom environment. Answers, solutions, and scoring rubrics are not included with the book. Furthermore, the CD's with the audio exercises must be purchased separately.
-This book was published in 2006. Therefore, it does not take into account the most recent changes to the AP Exam. Paragraph completions, for example, appear in this book even though they no longer appear on the AP Exam. This isn't too much of a problem, though. Every activity in the current form of the exam is represented in this book.
-The vocabulary section at the beginning of each chapter is a bit frustrating to work with. Vocabulary words are only presented in Spanish, so students are forced to look them up in the small glossary at the back of the book. This is particularly inconvenient because there's not always enough space to write in the English translation next to the Spanish words. Furthermore, there are a few vocabulary words that don't actually appear in the glossary.

Overall, this is a solid prep book for the AP Spanish Language & Composition Exam. The AP-style activities are incredibly similar to those on the actual AP exam, so the book really prepares students for success. It's an excellent resource for students in an AP class that uses the book. It's tough to justify the purchase of both the book and the exorbitantly expensive CD's, however, so those studying for the exam independently are far better off purchasing another resource.
on May 2, 2013
This book was so useful. It is extremely good practice for the AP Spanish exam. My ap teacher recommended this book to our class, and we really only used this book the whole year, and WOW I got a 5 on my practice AP exam and we didn't even finish the whole book yet! I suck at spanish too! So I highly recommend this for people who want a good grade on the AP spanish exam.
on June 14, 2010
I bought this thinking that it would be a good way to review some Spanish. It turns out this is just a manual to accompany the audio CD (which is fairly expensive), but this is not made clear in the description of this book. So unless you plan to shell out a lot of cash for the audio, this book is not worth getting. On the other hand, it looks like it might be good to get the audio and use this book as a guide.
on December 14, 2012
Now that a year has passed, I can tell that this book had a lot of vocab which helped me communicating. There are a few words that reappear in a few chapters; those are the ones that I can now bring into conversation when I'm speaking spanish. Overall I like the vocab it provides and the practice with AP level grammar.
on April 14, 2012
I bought there books to complete a class set, and they were in great condition. Also, they arrived within two days. It was a great deal!
on December 4, 2011
Used this in my AP spanish class...nice vocabulary section...enough space to write inside...good preparation for test. It is has nice stories.
on October 4, 2011
Great book. It came in the mail really quickly. I've always had such great service from Amazon.com! I will buy again and again from Amazon.com.
on February 13, 2008
I thought my AP Spanish Language teacher just used this book for reference, but it turns out that this was my placement exam, and the book she loves for the entire course

Great for practicing for the exam, great for fuentes como lo que podra encontrar, just great!

covers all sorts of topics, different themes, and the audio is good, too!

A+, 5 stars, I would definitely get it over any other book I've ever had for the AP exam!
on October 10, 2010
I got it super fast and it was brand new. I am truly pleased with my purchase.