Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Shop Popular Services siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 694 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 765 reviews
on July 3, 2009
I usually like to 'live' with a product for awhile before posting any sort of review. We've been using our Tribest Citrus Juicer for about 3 months now. There really is not much to say other than it does exactly what I expected a citrus juicer to do... it reams citrus fruits very fast, very efficiently, very safe and easy to use, a really powerful motor, simple quick clean-up and it looks good. Excellent plastics materials used in construction and its a simple, smart design. It might be a little more expensive than many of the other citrus juicers currently in the marketplace but you can be sure you won't be disappointed. When searching for a citrus juicer I read quite a few reviews and it seems weak motors were the biggest single complaint with most of these electric citrus juicers. However I gathered from the reviews about this Tribest Citrus Juicer that a weak motor would definitely NOT be an issue and then when I considered the relatively small price difference for a juicer with a more powerful and reliable motor it really was a no-brainer decision for me. So today, after 3 months of everyday use (sometimes twice a day) squeezing 4-5 oranges and a grapefruit at a time (enough juice for two) I can comfortably come forward and recommend this juicer as a durable, quality kitchen appliance that looks good enough to leave out on the counter and you wouldn't mind using it everyday.

Okay time for an update... I've owned this thing now for 3-1/2 years. I juice a whole bag of oranges pretty much once a week... and have been doing it this way for the last 3 years. I know I'm suppose to stop and wait after every few oranges to give the motor time to cool down especially since I'm doing such large batches of oranges at a time but I don't... and today this juicer works exactly like it did when it was new. When juicing several oranges at a time, occasionally between the stopper and the hole above the spout it will clog with pulp but a simple close and reopen of the spout gets the juice flowing again... if this is too much of a hassle you can just remove the silicone stopper from the spout, flip it over and re-install it upside-down and the juice flow will never stop however you do sacrifice the stop-flow function when the spout is in the up position. The motor is as strong as it ever was and the auto switch that turns on the reamer when you push an orange against it works just like it always has (I was sure this would eventually be the weak link in the unit but so far it hasn't been)... the stainless steel pulp strainer shows no rust anywhere and none of the plastic parts are stained or cracking, heck even the white exterior of the plastic hasn't begun yellowing yet. In summary... here it is 3-1/2 years later, I'm still juicing and so far so good with this juicer... I can still recommend it.

Apparently from reading other reviews here, a few people do not seem to be aware that there are two reamers nested together... There is a larger reamer snapped over a smaller reamer... they easily pull apart. The larger reamer is use for grapefruit and oranges, while the smaller reamer is used for lemons and limes. You must take them apart for rinsing after juicing otherwise you'll find mold eventually beginning to grow between the reamers.
Find more at juices4life.com
77 comments| 437 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 24, 2011
I rated this 4 stars not because it is the best juicer on the market, but it is a great juicer for me. When I read reviews for this type of product I always wonder how the user intends to use it. Are they using it once a month when they come home from the farmer's market with a bunch of oranges? Do they use it everyday because they have an orange tree in the yard? Do they run a bed a breakfast and are making gallons of juice every morning? If you are the latter, this isn't the juicer for you. If you are making juice for a couple of people every morning, this would be a good pick.

The first juicer I owned was one of the $14 Proctor Silex models. I doubt that I ever got $14 worth of juice out of it before it broke. I figured this was the next step up in quality. So far it seems to work well for me. As other reviews have written, it is quiet, powerful, and efficient and easy to clean. As for negative reviews, I would agree with others that the spout design is a little lacking. You are able pivot the spout up so that you can stop the flow of juice. There is a little rubber stopper that fits up into the hole in the tray that seals it off. Unfortunately, even when the spout is down, the stopper is still in the hole and because the hole is pretty small, it tends to get fouled easily. I've found this pretty easily resolved by simply pressing down slightly on the spout which starts it flowing again. Not that big of a deal for a 2 glass a day juicer.

I think this is a great middle of the road juicer for the right person. If your like me and found it hard to justify a $100 juicer, then give this one a try.
on April 21, 2016
I have been using this citrus juicer for almost 3 years and it's still going strong! I don't juice oranges very often, but I make cocktails and lemonade so I juice lemons and limes a lot. This juicer has many good features. I love the locking spout that allows me to juice 3 lemons first and look for a bottle/cup to pour the juice in later. The cord wrap is convenient for storage, and the stainless steel filter works very well and hasn't rusted.

Generally this device is easy to clean and maintain. However, there are many grooves so a good dish wand brush with pipe cleaners is recommended for a thorough cleaning (I personally use the OXO Good Grips Water Bottle Cleaning Set). Make sure you use a pipe cleaner to brush the spout because a lot of guck can build up there!

The only thing I don't like is the plastic cover lid. There is no reliable place to put it when the plastic resevoir and the steel screen is being washed and drying on the dish rack. As a result my lid fell off the counter a couple times and has since cracked. It does keep the dust out of the assembly when your juicer is sitting on the counter though.
on December 11, 2013
I can't believe that I'm writing my first negative review. For me this Juicer just didn't work at all and unfortunately i didn't return it since i had used it to see how it does. My biggest problem is that every time I try to squeeze some orange juice, half of it (no the quarter of it) ends in a cup and the other half is slowly dripping down to the counter. So I'm squeezing the fruit and have to push it down really hard, trying to get most of it in a cup. This is one big mess and big disappointment. This juicer is sitting in a cupboard and I'm not sure what to do with it.
on December 30, 2010
The Citristar juicer does its basic job okay - a powerful motor turns the reamer and it juices the fruit quickly and thoroughly - not quietly, but less noisily than many other juicers. The stainless steel screen is designed to filter out pulp and deliver a pulp-free juice, but enough pulp comes through into the bowl so that the spout valve clogs and the juice stops flowing into your glass. The juice collects in the bowl, which itself doesn't have a pouring spout, so it's difficult to pour the collected juice into your glass. We like some pulp in our juice, but there's no adjustment on this juicer to allow for this. I modified the screen, probably invalidating any warranty, so we get some pulp, but it's still awkward to deal with because the bowl doesn't have a pour spout.

The box says "dishwasher safe" but the manual says "hand wash" - I believe the manual. Lots of parts to wash: 2 nesting reamers (large for oranges and small for lemons), the screen, the screen hub, the bowl, which includes a spout valve that opens for cleaning.

Still waiting for the perfect juicer for our preferences.
44 comments| 184 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2015
Highly recommend this juicer!! I have already juiced over a 100 Meyer Lemons in about 4 days, so I can freeze the juice into cubes, using the Onyx Stainless Steel Ice cube trays. Everything is easy with these products; easy to clean the juicer, easy to get the cubes out, just run a little water on the back of the trays!
review image review image review image
on July 10, 2015
Just used it today to juice a lot of lemons. I was making Ina's lemon bars and also lemonade. This machine is fun to use and saves so much time. The strainer catches all of the seed and any pulp. Cleanup is a breeze and I love that the cord folds up on the bottom for easy storage. I was going to store it, but it's so easy to use that I'm going to make myself some fresh orange juice tomorrow morning. I love this machine!
on March 25, 2013
my wife wanted fresh orange juice and ive been researching for a juicer. i've been juicing my oranges manually for years. i found three juicers that i wanted to buy - bodum bistro juicer, citrus power juicer, and breville citrus juice press. i found the tribest cs-1000 in youtube and was highly recommended and affordable. i've been using my tribest cs-1000 for about two weeks now and i've very happy with it. highly recommend for anyone looking for a citrus juicer.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on March 2, 2010
I've been burning through low quality juicers at the rate of one every two years or so. When the oranges are ripe, I store them in the garage in 5 gallon buckets. I juice a LOT of oranges. We line them up on the counter and take turns cutting and juicing. This tends to wear out gears, burn out motors and is a bit much for most juicers to handle. This juicer came with instructions not to treat it so harshly. They suggest a 15 second workout, followed by a 15 second rest. Makes sense. The motor is in a confined space with no place for heat to vent. So, following the directions I'm convinced I'll have this product for years. Power is good. Cleanup is a breeze. I like the design, I like the way it works. It's a bit loud, but that's to be expected. The spout seems like it may be subject to damage if one shoves it into a cabinet against other items, but I don't think it's too fragile, or a deal breaker on this machine. The cord spools out of sight inside the machine, which is a nice feature. Many things on this juicer remind me of older, quality models. You know, back in the day, when things were not manufactured as cheaply as possible. One example is the metal pulp screen. It's not going to break. It might dent.... but it won't crack or break. Another interesting feature is this little "wing" that sticks out from the side of the reamer, and as the reamer spins around this little wing gently pushes the pulp down a bit into the screen. I found that the screen doesn't need emptied very often and the juice is rather pulpy. Perfect for me.
This is a quality product. Should I manage to break this one.... I believe I'd purchase another. Well worth the money spent.
on January 28, 2013
It works great and I would buy again, but the spout does not release the juice very well ....it sits in the resevoir and must be tipped out or over into the glass. The seeds get in the juice then. The pulps builds up some while juicing also. Overall, it is great and i am amazed at the ease of juicing lemons and orange juice. I am super duper glad. I have done lemons manually and this was sooooo much faster. I am so happy. happy juicing.