Hill Climb Racing 2 Vehicles Review Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

Trident Case AEGIS Series for HTC MyTouch Slide 4G - Retail Packaging- Black
Color: Black|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

When my year-old T-Mobile case broke, I found this one. Boy, am I sorry I didn't look for it sooner.

It is made of a pliable but resilient silicone that is actually just a smidge larger than the phone itself. That makes it extremely easy to put on. How does it stay on? When installing it, I had to push the little grip clips onto the phone. They went right in, And stayed there. The cover actually molded itself onto the phone over a period of about 1 minute. There was no stretching or forcing involved. Now that it has been on the phone for several weeks, it looks like it will never come off and it doesn't show the tendency to pop off the corners that harder, tighter cases do.

Next is the color. It is now so easy to find the phone. The color is bright, but not overly so. It is a little darker than pictured but quite nice.

The best part of all is that the phone practically bounces when dropped a short distance. The cover is springy but tough at the same time. It is also quite "grippy". I can put the phone down almost anywhere without worrying about it slipping or sliding around. And the soft corners are kind to my pockets.

Finally, I come to the buttons. This cover does not have a cut out where the On-Off button is. It has a button over the button, which makes the switch very easy to find and use. Every other button is covered in the same way. It is almost like working with the "naked" phone. Every button is covered by a raised analog that acts like it was the original button underneath it. Even the charging receptacle has a wide, tapered opening that makes it easy to insert the charger plug.

Where was this gem when I first bought my phone?
on November 28, 2011
I waffled about spending money on a case for my phone, but since it was my 1st smartphone ever and I have kids who like to grab it, I decided to go for it. I wanted one that would actually protect my phone when it dropped, but still looked okay. This cover went on so easily when I got it out of the box (with the exception of the screen protector, which was hard to get on flat/unbubbled over the front camera). The sliding part of the phone doesn't close as fully as before without a little push from me, but I find that to be not a big deal (it does close fully, the case just catches it a little so you have to help it close). I feel so much more comfortable using the phone now, putting it down (used to worry about camera lens getting scratched), putting it in my bag, etc. I like that all the buttons are covered as well, it makes the whole phone feel more sturdy. My husband likes it so much he asked for one for Christmas for his phone. I was worried that our dogs' hair would stick to the case but so far that hasn't been a problem at all. The silicone gives it a good grip but isn't sticky. I do have to say, the description says "Power ports and audio jacks are covered with silicone plugs, keeping out dirt and debris", but neither the power port or audio jack has any silicone plug over them, and none came in the box, so that's an incorrect statement. Still, I love this case so far.
on September 10, 2012
Many will see my review and wonder why go so against the norm of these reviews. Well we all hear of the otter box case that's great protection for the iPhone. So we wonder why can't we android users have that same quality of protection? Well I guess the idea was take the idea behind the otter box cases, that is a silicone case and then plastic snap on pieces and together they combine and form a strong defense from shock and falls. So they took that idea and put it on the body of the my touch. The problem is that the my touch has a slide out keyboard so its difficult to offer the same quality protection. Either way the case itself is great don't get me wrong. Great quality when you put the case on and it lasts for about 3 to 4 months of semi rigorous use. Whenever you look at a picture of the phone or those who have it right above where the volume triggers are or the top third of the touch screen there seems to be a problem with the snap on front plate of the case. It comes in two parts so the front of the phone gets wrapped in a snap on plastic piece that raises the screen above the surface and protects it from scratches. So now about that mentioned area of the phone with the case on it. At that spot there exists the smallest and thinnest area of the snap on price and this is the place where the plastic breaks . Once this happens super glue can only help for a few minutes. The truth of the matter is this area of the case takes a lot of stress so it breaks too easily. This is my second time through a case where the front breaks. Once that happens the back sticks out like a sore thumb and only offers protection to the back. Thanks for reading, check my other reviews, and please let me know if they were helpful. :-)
on February 19, 2012
I wasn't wild about the price (over $20 including shipping) but the first case I ordered did not work well, so I thought I would give Trident a try. The case has received excellent reviews and so far, I can see why. It fits snug, offers great protection, and looks better than any other case I've see for the MT4G Slide. It comes with a screen protector as a bonus. I haven't tried the screen protector yet, as I prefer matte finish and already had one on my phone. I also like that the case doesn't get stuck in my pocket like other phone cases. I only have two complaints so far. First, one corner of the case doesn't snap on real well, and when dropped, it pops off a little. It hasn't resulted in any damage to the phone, I just wish it didn't do that. Second, it is a bit more difficult to slide than with the case off. I'm still giving it five stars, as the last case I had was scratching the keyboard. I would definitely recommend this to a friend. I will update after a month or two of use.
on November 22, 2011
I did a lot of searching for a quality case for my phone and finally decided on this one. I am very pleased with my purchase. If you own a Mytouch 4g slide phone, this is hands down the best case available on the market for it. This case offers superior protection for your phone, unlike those flimsy plastic cases. This case has a layer of plastic as well as silicone, which makes it able to absorb much more shock than your average cell phone case. Since the case offers many layers of protection it does add a bit of bulk onto your phone. Overall though I don't think it makes the phone too bulky. This case was money well spent. I would highly recommend.
55 comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 19, 2012
Certainly feels like a high quality case, comparable to the well known case brand Otter Box.

Uses a similar protective technique, rubber slip between the phone and hard plastic shell (only on back).

Its by far the nicest case I could find for this phone (Mytouch 4 slide) at least on Amazon.

The favorite part of mine is that the button extensions in the case actually make finding and pressing the side buttons much easier.

Only issues to me are, I find it kind of ugly, just my opinion. I think that the designs take away from the sleekness that the case already lacks.

It lacks sleekness because, well, its kinda huge. This is not the fault of the manufacturer, its already a big phone because of the slide out keyboard.

But, girls who put their phones in their pockets, just leave now because the phone + this case is not going to fit.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 5, 2012
The TRIDENT AG-MTS-BK AEGIS series for the HTC MyTouch 4G SLIDE:

a perfect fit for the phone's shape, and nope, it doesn't come off easy. The backdrop of the case consists of two shells, one hard oute shell and a softer rubber material inside to protect the phone's corners and back. The outside material used makes it a little fuzz catcher, but not too extreme, so it remains usable and clean. Plus, you can rinse it and it'll be fine.

The front side sticks above the glass surface and will catch a fall, if dropped glass-side down first. Dropped it several times and about two of those times the frame protector of the front (where the glass is ugh) came off by impact, but the glass itself was undamaged. Call it luck or good material. TRIDENT definitely makes high quality cases worth buying, their quality might cost you a bit, but you'll have more fun with your smartphone protected in a seriously well built case, believe it or not :)

Go get it, recommended.
on February 3, 2013
Pros:
-Remarkably durable. Tons of protection. Rubber to absorb shock, and hard plastic to protect it otherwise. Thanks to this, this phone will probably outlive my father's contract so I can inherit it from him. Much more durable than the OtterBox Commuter Series I have on my Dell Venue Pro. Nothing against OtterBox, but mine did need replacing once already and this Trident has barely a scratch on it. Although OtterBox doesn't make a case for the MT4GS, I imagine this would be on par with or better than their Defender Series.
-Comes with a screen protector and applicator. Be careful applying this, though- you only get one shot. I'm reasonably good at applying these and I still manged to get a few bubbles under it.
-Actually makes it easier to press buttons such as power and camera. The outside plastic is cut away, and the rubber buttons underneath show through. Very nice with plenty of tactile feedback.
-Reasonably priced, when I bought it. Currently shows as unavailable, but I'm sure there will be more.
-So thick it protects the camera lens

Cons:
-Kinda chunky, but then again, this is a durable case. Part of this is the MyTouch 4G Slide's fault though, as it's no lightweight.
-Soaks up oils, the texture of the outside will turn noticeably glossy if you hold it after eating some quality American fast food. This rubberized texture does add a bit of grip, though.
-Not exactly the most stylish, but that's the tradeoff with this kind of case.
-Dirt and dust are sometimes trapped under the case, but this happens with nearly any case out there.

All in all, if you're looking for a durable case for the MyTouch 4G Slide, this is the one to get. Well designed and built. I'd never heard of Trident before now, but I won't hesitate to buy another of their products in the future.
on September 20, 2013
This phone is notoriously difficult to protect due to its slide keyboard feature, case options are limited, and rarely last. I spent double on cases direct from the TMO store for this phone,only for them to break a few days after. After searching for a good/ tough case for a while I came across the Trident and I am thrilled with it! So far this case is on par with what I have seen on my friends' iphones and it seems to be just the right amount of durability for my MT4GS also I am loving the bright blue color (I can pick my phone out of a crowd now :) great for teens) So far the case seems durable and the fasteners that attach it to the phone itself are strong(usually the small fastener (plastic) pieces are the first to go on cases for this phone so the front face plate won't stay on) and as an added bonus the case came with a screen protector and extension jack for your audio port) Be aware the case will add some bulk and make the phone appear larger than it is , but surprisingly it is really light! All around good purchase if you are trying to extend the life of your MT4GS :)
on May 22, 2013
I can't even describe how happy I am with this product. From delivery...to the product...to the customer service....I am very pleased! I ordered the product on a Friday and I received it by the following Wednesday....which I might add was day EARLIER than the estimated delivery time! When I opened up the product I was pleasantly surprised to see that it came with a screen protector (added bonus!). When trying to put the case cover on...at first I was having a problem because the back fit perfectly but the front didn't at all....so I called the company up (the delivery came with a customer service number for any questions or problems)...and someone picked up right away and told me that they would get the product from the inventory and give me a call back (which they did within ten mins). So while I'm describing the problem... the customer service rep told me to try turning the case the other way to see if that would work....turns out....I'M AN IDIOT! The case fits perfectly and I must say I very pleased with this product so far....and the customer service! Well Done!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.