Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Women's Block Sandals nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon theaffairS4 theaffairS4 theaffairS4  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on April 9, 2014
I really like the look of the Trident AEGIS cases. I have one for my Galaxy S4 and while I usually use my Otterbox because I think it grips better, the Aegis does look good and performs its protection function perfectly well, so I thought I'd try one out for my Ipad mini.

This turned out to be a great decision. The Trident AEGIS case for the Ipad mini actually fits better than the Trident case did for my phone (there's a small piece of rubber at the bottom of my phone case that just won't stay put - another reason I went to Otterbox for the phone) and it doesn't seem to have the same issues with grip that I had on my phone cover. It protects the Ipad's corners well, fits snugly and covers the ports to protect them from dust, all at a lower price point than many other cases that are of poorer quality or that have a less-than-ideal design. It also doesn't add much at all to the weight or profile of the Ipad mini, which is important as my mother-in-law uses it when she babysits. She really can't hold anything much heavier than the Ipad mini for very long, but she has had no trouble with this case. She's dropped the Ipad once, on a hardwood floor, and the Ipad was completely undamaged thanks to the AEGIS case.

I'd definitely recommend this product to any Ipad mini owner who wants a good balance of protection and lightweight capabilities for a good price.
on December 29, 2014
This isn't a bad case, but I was expecting something a little different. There is a rubbery "gummy" skin that goes around the iPad itself, while the hard part only covers the back. My daughter has already dropped it and it survived without any scratches. The screen cover is a flimsy piece of plastic that you have to apply, unlike the otter box or other brands that have a built in screen protector. If I had known that it was more soft cover than hard, I would have picked a case that had one of her favourite characters, or spent a little more money for a case that encased the entire iPad. ***Edit: my review is based on the fact that I paid $20 for this case, I now see that the price has doubled. My opinion was based on it being substantially cheaper than it is now.
2 people found this helpful
on January 7, 2013
This case has all the features of the high dollar cases without the price. It's quality. Easy to install. The silicone feels nice, it does not add a lot of weight to the Ipad mini, its comfortable to grip. The ports are all protected for dust unlike many others. The silicone is pliable making pressing the home, volume, off button easy and does not stick like many that are hard plastic. You do have some protection on the front with the home button covered. The charge port is the opening for the lighting port only so fairly small unlike many other cases. The color is nice, and refreshing. This is my favorite case. I'm familiar with otterbox (defender and commuter), griffin survivor, gumdrop (drop tech), lifeproof, roocase, speck, Iblason. Cons on the case, there is no kickstand to view movies but that is known going in. Prop it on the knees, against the wall etc. For 1/3-1/4 the price, forget that, comparing price for price, this case is just as good as all those others. I do like the griffin survivor and gumdrop, lifeproof more than the rest and the least roocase, speck and otterbox commuter but I rate all these as good to excellent.
18 people found this helpful
on May 28, 2015
This was our 5th or 6th Trident purchase for assorted electronic devices. They are always an excellent fit and provide great protection! This was purchased for my 7 year old's IPad. Not sure how many times she has dropped it, but I dropped it just the other day from standing to cement ground. The IPad landed on the corner - no damage. Highly recommend you try this before the more expensive Otterbox!
on July 22, 2015
Fits my iPad Mini 2 great and the snazzy green color is a real eye-catcher. Case is composed of a tight fitting inner silicon sleeve inserted into a hard shell. All the holes and access covers fit exactly as expected. The hard shell is slick and the green, silicon parts that show through are grippy. This still allows me to slip it into a cargo pocket which I wouldn't be able to do if it were ALL grippy. I've been deathly afraid of dropping the iPad on concrete or pavement and now I feel I can breath a little easier with the mil spec drop testing. Nothing's a 100% but I'll take what I can get!
on January 23, 2016
This Trident Case AEGIS Case for iPad seems to be good medium-weight protection for an Apple tablet, though I haven't dropped it yet so time will tell how protective it can be. This case was a great value at $9.99 (as of 12/2015). . .but go for a hardier case if the prices are similar. And the accident-prone might spring for a heavier, more expensive case, such as Otterbox Defender.

The case fit my iPad 2 Mini without any problems. It comes with a plastic screen protector that must be applied separately.
on February 22, 2013
I was looking for a iPad mini case for a few hours, specifically one with protection and one without a screen protector front cover. As i was searching i found this Trident case looked at reviews first and then was sure i wanted this product. Cheap price good quality and nice overall look. I purchased this product and got 1 day shipping. (about $65) My case arrived a day later and I was excited to open it and put it on my iPad before I drop it. I am glad to say that it was well worth the $65 ($40 in shipping). Trident has one of the best cases for the best price. One con is on the bottom of the case is that the hard shell doesn't grab onto the silicone so it tends to bend back if you're holding it landscape. Overall I love the case, it's only about one pound and the iPad is 0.68 so not really heavy. I would choose this case over an otterbox anyday,
on April 15, 2016
I have had my case for 3 years. I have a 5, 3 and 18 month old. This case is great protection for whatever I do and holds up to whatever they do. Highly recommended.
on July 5, 2014
My wife's a speech pathologist and uses her ipad daily with different kids. This protects it and its still slim, Comes with screen protector.
2 people found this helpful
on January 15, 2015
While this is no LIfeProof case, it provides great protection for a reasonable price. I didn't use the included front screen cover, but I tend not to use those due to screen sensitivity issues.

Case consists of two parts
1. Soft silicone sleeve
2. Hard plastic cover

All ports are sealed by the silicone sleeve, giving good dust and moisture protection, and my iPad has dropped several times with no ill effects.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.