Check out Santa's new ride Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Dot Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Enthusiast: Petson November 3, 2014
I have noticed that the flash trigger (purchased separately) triggers much faster than the on-board remote on the cameras (buddy's D5000 and a Canon T2i [with cable purchased separately]). For a lot of the trigger options, this doesn't make much of a difference, but for audio triggering the quicker flash trigger response can totally make a major difference!

The fact that it uses the standard 3.5mm audio jack for signaling means you can easily add a headphone cable extension and work well away from the camera gear.
on August 28, 2014
The trigger trap remote works well when used from Android. The remote I purchased here was the v2 and it was simple to setup and use. There is not much more to say about the TriggerTrap dongle since it is just a smart cable. All of the function comes from the free app. I found that the Android app worked well and appears well polished. I find that some of that polish gets in the way. The sliders used to enter variables to program the settings are WAY to touchy. I would like a way to enter a numbers directly into a text box. Sure it will be uglier but it will be simpler to work.

When using as a cable release on a long exposure it would be nice to have a count down showing how long is left in the exposure.

I would also like an option to use a dim red version of the screen to make it easier to use at night. Even with my old Android screen set to the lowest settings the interface was too bright, and interfered with my night sight. This will be much worse on today's newer bigger brighter phones.

I have not yet tried the remote wifi trigger tool but it looks useful and expect to find a use for it.
on October 31, 2013
Triggertrap's are amazing.

A smart phone is something almost everyone has now-a-days. So buy the dongle download the app and you're in business with one of the coolest and most expansive tools for shutter release. It has time Lapse so you can ramp up and down your shutter release over time, a standard cable release, motion detection and even sound triggering to address a few. Using your phone's sensors and camera to initiate the cable release can save you a lot of money and headaches when your planning your next shoot. I got one for my olympus and my nikon!

Only one downside... depending on what mode you're shooting in it occasionally take a little time to register and communicate to the camera to fire but only a couple hundredths of a second. So if your doing something high-speed like splash or explosion photography you might miss the shot, other wise its a great tool for everyday.
on December 7, 2015
I purchased this to use a remote trigger and intervalometer for my D200. It worked well for the use.
on February 21, 2014
I was skeptical at first, but the Triggertrap dongle and software on an Android phone does the job on long exposure, repeat exposure, time lapse, etc. I have dedicated an old Android that is no longer a phone. The only problem is that the dongle is very short and can't support the weight of the phone, so I applied some velcro to the back of the phone and the top of my tripod, and that holds it. The interface could be smoother with respect to setting time intervals, but it is reasonably quick.
on August 6, 2014
Wow! I don't know how I ever got along without this. I've had so much fun using it for expanding my creativity and getting some incredible shots at night with star trails, time lapses, motion blurs, etc. Triggertrap has taken a lot of the difficulty in figuring out how to set up my Nikon D200 away and just lets me be creative. The price for the hardware plus the free app is very reasonable in my opinion for everything it helps me to do with my Nikon.
VINE VOICEon December 6, 2013
Easy interface to use a smart phone to control complex multi-frame or long exposure images on a DSLR. User guide just updated on the web site. And the price is right.
on January 2, 2013
Performs as advertized. Helpful in avoiding camera shake when doing macro work and integrates well with the iPhone. Clever gadget.
on April 6, 2013
I have not had a lot of time to play with this yet, but it came in a slightly crushed box but it is just a cable so I didn't worry about that. The cable was exactly as advertised and connected fine. The free software that you download from iTunes works well and has a lot of cool features. I definitely recommend this product.
on February 26, 2013
Works well without drama on my D800. There are a ton of great features with the app and they just keep adding features without charging more(the app was free at time of purchase). It is well worth it if you just use one of the features.

The only limit is the iPhone battery I connect it to power for extended use.