Lyft Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Shawn Colvin All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only: $49.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

• Trine

Trine
Platform: PC|Change
Price:$1.95+ $3.99 shipping

on January 25, 2011
I'm an avid player of RPGs, so I wasn't sure what to expect with this game. Took a chance; low price and decent reviews. I wasn't disappointed.

While not really an RPG, it is truly a puzzle game set in a fantasy environment, which I must say is absolutely gorgeous. The physics effects are incredible and would love to see them in more games of other styles I play.

Straight forward install. No issue with the DRM, despite it being SecureROM as one reviewer stated. Don't have a real problem with that, since even with that DRM, you bought it, it's yours. Works across XP and Vista platforms fine (on my rigs anyway!)

If you like side scroller adventure games with a seriously advanced "Pitfall" twist, this is your game.

The strategy is well thought out. You essentially have three classes of characters melded into one, which you can on the fly toggle between depending on the situation. Regardless of the situation, each can with varying effectiveness get you out of a situation, some better than others, but you are never "stuck" should one or both of the other classes die during the play - just have to use your wits to figure out the next move/advance with what you have left. Quite challenging at times.

Not a "five star" - few games are, but certainly a very good game!
on January 1, 2014
This is another nice game. I really don't normally like side playing Role playing games, but this one isn't bad. It's interesting how the character of the game can switch to solve a problem and I found this fun to play around with. Again, I need to play it a bit more and that could make me change my rating.
on October 9, 2017
Great Game.
on October 1, 2009
I would say Trine is a bang for the buck (~$20).

For myself, I've completed every level with nearly everything discovered in under 5 hours. While I am disappointed the game was short, it came with neat pros.

-Stunning graphics for a game of its type,
-fun idea of three characters in one,
-character narrative is entertaining (I especially liked how each character has their own colored text - excellent for people who have hearing difficulties/gamers who are D/deaf)
-and different ways to approach obstacles on every level (so it's somewhat replayable).

I noticed, the more abilities each character gets, the levels progresses way too easily. Even some of the items found in the game I thought was pointless - it made the game way too quick and simple. I've conditioned myself NOT to use those items and the levels were still a breeze to me. Then again, I'm not an amateur gamer. (Hence 4 stars)

I still would recommend this game - probably to more of a causal gamer than the hardcore type.

Don't get me wrong, if a sequel of any kind came out I will still get it if the price is right.
on February 29, 2016
I like the platform style, with great graphics. lots of fun and challenging!
on December 15, 2015
good game just to hard to play
on February 7, 2012
This game is a lot of fun. It does not take to long to finish it but it is highly entertaining to play. I have found myself playing just to play. For the cost I am so happy that I bought it. It is easy to get lost in this game. You should get it for yourself.
on January 20, 2014
love the game. Great to work with and got everything on time and in good state. I would use them again if I buy something else that they have for sale.
on September 4, 2011
My 14yr. old was very excited to get this game. His game time is limited and he has many games but when it's time he choses Trine or Fate. Seems appropriate for teens but would hold beginner adult attention also. Inexpensive for the amount of FUN!!
on May 12, 2014
Does not run after I installed it .I deleated it ,re installed it and it still would not run .
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.