Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
We don't know when or if this item will be available again.
About the product
- Full-Featured: Guilds, dungeons, raids, auctions, crafting, a vibrant economy, Player vs. Player combat, and more!
- World as Your Adversary: Extra-planar creatures surge into the world from rifts, turning bastions of safety into frenzied battlefields.
- Build Your Class: No other game lets you build your class the way Rift does. Specialize in a single class or pick and choose abilities from many to create a character uniquely suited to your playstyle.
- PvP Combat: Battle others in exhilarating Player vs. Player combat! Earn PvP ranks, titles, loot, and unique souls to further enhance your character.
- Choose Your Role: Each character can have up to four different roles, so you can choose different classes for every situation! You might have one for PvP and another for raids; or perhaps you want a high-damage or high-defense build.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Rift is the complete and full-featured MMO experience you’ve been waiting for! Adventure in the world of Telara as either a noble Guardian or techno-magical Defiant and enter a dynamic fantasy where 8 primal forces battle for control and the landscape is ever-changing. Build your own class using the Ascended Soul system and embark on challenging quests to take your RPG experience to new heights of achievement and excitement!
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
by just clicking 'join group' no real human interaction takes place , even though there is technically another person running around beside you. being in a guild doesnt mean anything because you just click in and out of guilds. all gear is temporary and the next best piece of gear happens in 6 hours after getting the one you just got. so there isnt really any "goal" to work towards. you dont like your character ? fine just pay some chump change and change your entire spec in 2 minutes . nothing is permanent and nothing has consequences. died? oh no problem, just respawn and run back into battle (minus 10% stats per death until you see a healer (who is never really more than a few minutes walk away). this is all just my opinion, the technical aspects of the game are excellent. it doesnt lag, it runs beautifully, servers run excellent. the graphics are brilliant, and the gui rocks. it is my personal feeling tha tit lacks a bit of soul but hey, thats just me! enjoy
If you haven't experienced the soul system yet, it's pretty much awesome. Rogues who can tank? Mages that can heal? That's crazy talk! But it works, and quite effectively. For the eight souls + a PvP soul, there are tons of combinations. For the most part, the talents are easy to understand and some souls are obvious to pair up (especially since each soul has two others recommended to pair with the first). Learning to play a class is easy - learning to master up to five different roles is glorious.
It doesn't get five stars for a couple of reasons:
(1) Sometimes, when I'm up mountain climbing especially, I'm still glitching through the world. Or my mob is... time to move back, put the pet to passive and hope they climb out of the ground so that I can live, because apparently this phenomena only affects MY line of sight.
(2) The shards seem to be underpopulated. My LFG queue as a DPS takes 3 hours+ since it does not pull people cross-shard. Much, much faster to interact with people on your shard to form a dungeon group. Sometimes it's difficult to find those other people. Hopefully the free character transfers that are coming soon will fix this somewhat.
All in all I plan on sticking with it way past the free trial month. The bugs get fixed super fast, the word event quests are spectacular, and some things that are recommended by the players get implemented quick! The AH change of interface is probably the most dramatic change I've seen - from clunky to extremely similar to WoW now. It's refreshing and the different soul combinations make it possible to experience the game tons of different ways. Rift is dynamic enough to catch and hold most everyone's attention. GG Trion.
It reminded me of WoW, in it's ease of use, but it wore thin too quickly for me. I am a die hard Everquest fan. Even WoW didn't last me more than a few months; this just felt like more of the same.
The game is built more on the social aspect, and if you can't find a group to play with, it gets difficult.
There is always an abundance of invaders to kill off your quest guys, and you can't always take these out by yourself to get your quest rewards. It happens so often that it got frustrating for me, and I only got to level 37. (I only got that far because I had a RL person to play with. I think if I had had to wait for public groups for everything, I may have quit sooner.)
Graphics are fun, and the rifts that open up are also fun, for a while.
Basically, I think if you liked WoW, you'll like this game.
Most recent customer reviews
It is not what you think it would be at all. I played it for maybe a week and was done.Read more