Oil month Automotive HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on August 10, 2012
This triple mount is perfect for my JVC camera. Allows me to connect my H4N, a Shotgun Mic, and a Light in one compact package. The hot shoe mount is a little tricky to get to and keep tight once my H4N is mounted in the middle, but it can me done. This is well built and I see it lasting for years. The center hotshot is even threaded all the way through, so if you want to mount it to a tripod you can do that as well. Nice piece of gear for any video or DSLR setup.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
22 comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 3, 2013
So the idea is that you can unscrew the hotshoe mount and mount this on a tripod... except it doesn't use a standard 1/4in thread. The issue is that they only provide a single retention ring. If you screw it down and lock it to your hotshoe, then it is loose where it screws into the V bracket and will turn on you. Lock it up to keep the V from spinning and it's lose on the hotshoe and may fall off your camera.

They should have provided two retaining rings, so that it can be locked both into the camera hot shoe and to the V mount at the same time. I'm going to experiment to see if I can use loctite to prevent the V from unthreading to the hotshoe mount.

Otherwise this is a very solid mount and the V is very strong metal. Each of the three hotshoes are held in place by a single screw which has held up for my uses so far.

I'd like to take this in the field for a shotgun mic and a light but because of the aforementioned issue, I haven't attempted to do so.
on October 3, 2012
A very simple accessory that serves a real purpose. I use mine to hold two Neewer lights NEEWER® 160 LED CN-160 Dimmable Ultra High Power Panel Digital Camera / Camcorder Video Light, LED Light for Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Panasonic,SONY, Samsung and Olympus Digital SLR Cameras. I've uploaded two pics, and although I'm not able to spread both lights horizontally, the bracket is still great for my needs here. It really does seem to be sturdy, and thus feels like it'll last quite a long time. Overall, very happy with this purchase.
review imagereview image
on September 7, 2012
This little gizmo is so simple any yet provides you with extra "hands." You can put a sound mixer, mic and lights on this. It is very well made, light and very strong.

I guess the only "con" I can mention is that you have to align perfectly with the shoe mount. Its not like putting a flash unit on the shoe. Maybe this isn't as difficult on non Nikon brand cameras?

I'd give this "ten" stars if the center mount was a "hot" mount! I guess then one would have to buy one compatible with their specific brand camera but it would be awesome to have a working flash for stills, a mic and lights for video all on one accessory!
on September 16, 2014
A solid mount! I thought going into things that I would want the step V mount but I have actually decided otherwise with the set-up I am running.

But, I still give this a strong 4 star because it is something that I am holding on to and still going to incorporate into my video/photo shoots. I mount my Rode Mic and a flash on it and it functioned great.

Overall happy with my decision to purchase and keep this product
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Product was very loose - camera light and microphone kept spinning. While nothing fell, I never felt comfortable with my accessories on this. Shot a wedding reception, and I had to constantly tighten and re-adjust this bracket. Would not recommend this particular product.
on November 20, 2012
I got a unit that was "too thick" in the metal hotshoe mount - because I couldn't wait for a replacement, I wound up filing off the excess metal, and now it fits snugly atop my camera. If it had come "as ordered", it'd easily be worth 5 stars... But I have to knock it both for requiring modification, and the modification rendering the product non-returnable. The mounts for my other devices (light, H4N, microphone, etc) all seem fine - not too loose or too tight.
on April 13, 2015
Exactly what description states. The only draw back that I saw that I was really more hopeful than anything is that it didn't have the threads to attach other components to it. That's purchased separate. I was just hopeful that it would come with at least 1..

Regardless, still worth purchasing.
on November 2, 2012
I like the size and style of this bracket, and it's quite useful for me to have a mic, recorder and light, but you have to be very fragile with this thing. The base does not secure fabulously, and if you turn around fast and bump it, there's a risk of all of your gear falling off your camera. It's fine for tripod, studio or stationary interview work, but I would definitely not take this around a crowded arena or theater.
on July 26, 2013
I bought this for my DSLR lens, so I could attach a light and a mic at the same time. This is practically a double mount because the third mount in the middle is very small an narrow due to the closeness of the two bars on each side.

The main bad thing about this is how unsteady it is on the DSLR. I use a Canon 60D and there has been plenty of times when the V mount has loosened up and almost slid off ruining my mic and light. It'd be best to spend your money on another product.