Salon Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 28, 2016
Like his latest previous books, the plot of this book goes from believable to preposterous. The dialogue between the various characters is contrived and stilted. Some of the situations that the characters find themselves in are so unbelievable and so contrived that it seems the book was computer generated by a computer inadequately programmed. Definitely the last book I will ever purchase by this author.
on March 1, 2014
Ken Follett was almost able to match "The Eye of the Needle" for surprising turns and twists and fascinating characters. This is far above the current popular suspense novels (Lee Child, etc). It has a depth of plotting and character development for both the good guys and the bad guys that is only a step below the complex plotting the Scandinavian Crime/Noir books by Nesbo and Roslund & Helstrom have. This is in my permament library (both Kindle and Hardback). Look at Goodreads for the various book clubs and when you find a book you want you can directly order off Amazon. It's great! And this book is one of GOAT suspense/thriller genre.
on August 7, 2017
To many characters and a convoluted storyline. Don't put it down for to many days or you'll never figure it out. He is capable of much better.
on December 23, 2012
One expects outstanding work from Ken Follett, and one is never disappointed. This is a thriller with yet another twist, where the hero, little Nat Dickstein the Israeli wine merchant, is deceptively weak and unimposing, but packs a surprisingly powerful punch. He is also not afraid to admit to inner fears and insecurities, thus making his triumph over many adversities all the more significant.
I will not go into the story line, others have done it better than I, but I will highly recommend this book to all geo-political thriller fans, as I always do any Ken Follett books to all thriller lovers.
on January 28, 2013
I enjoyed this book in many ways, although it tended to be a bit wordy. But, with a bit of fastforwarding it was exciting and had more than a few twists and turns. Mr. Follett manages to bring the complexity of the Middle East, and the dangers of trying to maneuver through its political and theological landscape, to the written pages of this novel. Interestingly he is able to make a ruthless assassin somewhat likable, and illuminates a world where people matter far less than politics, revenge and hate.

The main focus of the book is a race to nuclear weapons between Israel and islamists in Egypt. With a creative Mossad agent, some luck, assistance from friends, and old debts called in, the Israeli's are well on their way to hijacking a shipment of nuclear fuel. A chance encounter blows the cover of the Mossad agent, and the story becomes a race of time and trial of wits. A twist is thrown in here which I won't disclose, but it adds intrigue and intensity to the story. It also explains the title, which puzzled me until that point.

The story is told from the perspective of the Israelis, but it is not without balance, and it clearly shows the politics and background of many of the issues we faced then, and now, in that volatile part of the world. The only real weakness of the book was the final showdown which was somewhat improbable, but the rest of the book was full of intrigue, suspense, cleverness and plain good storytelling and it easily overcame the one small weakness of the end.
on December 2, 2013
Ken Follett is one of my favorite authors. One of my all time favorite book's is "Pillars of the Earth". If you pick up a Ken Follett book, you will have an enjoyable read. Triple is an enjoyable read, but it is not one of Ken Follett's best books though. The book opens at a party in London, after World War 2. And all of the people at that party turns into spy's for their different countries, or are Mafia Dons. The plot is unbelievable, and the action is not up to Ken Follett level. I would recommend many other Ken Follett books before this one, but you would not be disappointed if you read it.
VINE VOICEon October 17, 2012
Triple is one of the thrillers written by Follett before he began the series of "big fat books". I enjoyed all of the the previous tales, I thought, and then moved to the current series which are five star and reviewed on their respective pages. I thought I had read all of this author's books, but somehow I missed Triple so when I found it, I couldn't wait to read it. Follett is one of the best and most amazing writers of the century. Triple follows the breath taking saga of three men trying to get the material to build an atomic bomb for three different nations. If they are successful. the world as we know it may cease to exist. Follett unfolds the story so we are on the edge of our chairs and flipping pages wildly to keep up with the action. I will not reveal the ending, but you must read this one and see for yourself. Highly recommended.
on February 21, 2013
If your after an entertaining thriller this delivers this is a fun read! Follett to the uninitiated is a great story teller with a great writing style one of the greats in our time. After reading some of he more popular books I have been cautious to read his other novels. But in truth I have not been disappointed. This certainly delivered on all points. I must say in response to a couple of poor reviews on probability at the end you'd be surprised and history has shown in the past how sometimes things seemed totally unreal like what this story is based on an impossible heist that actually took place. I know for a fact from my background where breaches in security through dismissal of proper threat assessment or procedures due to extenuating circumstances have occurred by highly skilled professionals through arrogance in superiority of their skills. Further, I have seen things as I'm sure at some point other people may have, where they have witnessed something extraordinary or stranger than fiction. So in closing although it may push the envelop it certainly does not detract from the story and delivers one excellent read. Fully recommend worthy of a read!
on February 10, 2013
Overall a good read that entertained. I don't know that I would argue real hard that the premise was fully believable or the characters deeply developed but they were both complete enough to make the book fun to read and did not distract overly from the story. While I could argue, on the one hand, that the hero was a bit too infallible, I would then argue that this is, after all, a novel and not a biography. I tend to read mostly non-fiction, and then after some time, just need something a little lighter and fun to take a break from actually having to attend to what I am reading. This fit the bill for me and I have enjoyed several of Follett's other books also. Character development and involvement were not nearly what I experienced in his Pillars of the Earth, but there was also only about a quarter of the pages and time involved also. Happy ending was fine for me since I expected it would be so, though as with most novels I have read over the last several years, I was a little empty with what seemed a simple wrap-up like, they all lived happily ever after.
on July 28, 2015
It's a well written book, but it lacks any elements of surprise and in-depth historical reference.
I found it quite linear and predictable.
To me this is not Follet at his best; his books normally have more research and historical insight.
The topic is quite relevant and the book is entertaining, but I expected more in depth research and historical references as its Follet's custom. In the absence of these, one would expect a more entertaining plot and more twists.
The resolution is too predictable and it feels like you are inching towards a predictable ending.