- Paperback: 416 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition (May 19, 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470753676
- ISBN-13: 978-0470753675
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 1 x 9.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,471,880 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Triple Play: Building the converged network for IP, VoIP and IPTV 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
"Triple Play" is a combination of Internet access, voice communication (telephony), and entertainment services such as IP television and video on demand.
The erosion of the traditional voice service, together with the ever-increasing competition between companies is pushing the telecommunications industry towards a major shift in its business models. Customers want more services in a more flexible way. today, this shift can only be carried out by offering converged services built around the Internet Protocol (IP). Triple Play, a bundle of voice, video, and data services for residential customers, is the basis of this new strategy.
Hens and Caballero explain how and why the telecommunications industry is facing this change, how to define, implement and offer these new services, and describe the technology behind the converged network. Triple Play analyses a number of business strategies to minimise costs while infrastructures and offering new services.
- Describes the elementary concepts of Triple Play service provision and gives detailed technical information to highlight key aspects.
- Discusses access networks, transport, signaling, service definition and business models.
- Covers the latest innovations in Triple Play services such as Ethernet in the First Mile (EFM), VDSL2 (Very High Speed DSL second generation), psuedowires and Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS).
- Explores video solutions (encoding, IPTV, VoD) alongside transmission and switching technologies (Ethernet, DSL, PON, NG-SDH).
- Includes a chapter on IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) and on fixed/mobile convergence.
Triple Play: building the Converged Network for IP, VoIP and IPTV provides decision makers, engineers, telecommunications operators, network equipment manufacturers, installers and IT managers with a thorough understanding of the changes of traditional voice service and its impact upon the telecommunications industry.
Discover books for all types of engineers, auto enthusiasts, and much more. Learn more