Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $10.94 shipping
Tripp Lite BCPERS450 450VA 280W UPS Desktop Battery Back Up Tower 120V USB PC / Mac, 3 Outlets
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 450VA tower 120V standby UPS
- Small tower housing supports desk or floor placement
- USB port, Status LEDs
- NEMA 5-15P input plug and 3 NEMA 5-15R outlets
- 4 minutes runtime at 100% load (280 watts), 15 minutes runtime at 50% load (140 watts)
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
- Model: BCPERS450
- Load Capacity: 450VA (280 W)
- Nominal AC Input: 120V, 60 Hz
- Nominal AC Output: 110V; 115V; 120V, 60 Hz
- AC Outlets: 3 x 5-15R
- Output Waveform (AC Mode): Sine Wave
- Output Waveform (Battery Mode): PWM Sine Wave
- Input Cord: 6 ft. (1.8 m) Cord with 5-15P Plug
- Half-Load Runtime: 15 min. (140W Load)
- Single-Computer Runtime: 23 min. (100W Load)
Personal Standby Tower UPS with USB Interface
This personal standby UPS system protects your valuable equipment from damage, downtime and data loss.
- Battery backup supports equipment during outages, power sags (brownouts) and overvoltages.
- Surge protection blocks harmful transient voltages on AC and phone lines.
- The USB interface connects to a computer for power management and automatic file saves.
- The small tower-style case supports unobtrusive desktop or floor placement..
- The 2-year warranty and $100,000 insurance reflect Tripp Lite's commitment to product quality and customer satisfaction.
Power Protection and Battery Backup
Between severe weather, the aging electrical grid and hazards lurking inside your own walls, your equipment is under constant attack from power problems. Even a brief loss of power or a momentary surge can ruin your equipment and destroy irreplaceable data. Prevent damage, downtime and data loss by installing this UPS system. It conditions incoming AC power, provides enough battery backup to outlast most outages and automatically saves open files and shuts down computers gracefully during extended blackouts.
Protect Home and Office Computer Systems: Desktop Computers, Workstations, Displays, Inkjet Printers, Modems, Wireless Routers, Hubs, Scanners, External Drives.
Protect Home and Office Electronics: HDTVs, DVRs, Video Game Consoles, Sound Systems, Streaming Media Players, Device/Battery Chargers.
Reliable Battery Backup
- Single-Computer Runtime: This UPS system will support an energy-efficient desktop computer and LCD monitor (100W load) for up to 23 minutes during an outage.
- Half-Load Runtime: This UPS system will support a 50% load (140W) for up to 15 minutes.
- Optimized Outlet Array: All 3 outlets have both battery backup and surge/noise protection.
Protection from Surges, Line Noise and High/Low Voltages
This UPS system includes built-in surge protection and noise filtering to shield your equipment from destructive transient voltages and electromagnetic (EMI/RFI) line noise. If AC line voltage is too high or too low for your equipment, the UPS system will also provide backup power until conditions improve or the battery is discharged.
Flexible Management Options
There are several ways to manage this UPS system:
1. Use the diagnostic LEDs.
2. Use the HID-compliant USB port and your computer's built-in power management features.
3. Use the USB port with Tripp Lite's free PowerAlert software. PowerAlert provides enhanced features like automatic file saves, event notification, logging, advanced device control and an SNMP agent that supports centralized management. You can always download the latest version of PowerAlert at Tripp Lite's website.
LED Control Panel
The intuitive LEDs display a variety of helpful and important information, including line power status, overload status, battery power status and battery condition.
Environmentally Responsible Design
- High Efficiency: This UPS system saves energy, produces less heat, shrinks your carbon footprint and reduces annual operating costs.
- RoHS Compliance: This UPS system complies with the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) Directive, limiting the use of hazardous substances in manufacturing.
Dependable Service from an Industry Leader
Service and Support
- 2-Year Product Warranty: If this UPS system (including the internal battery) proves defective in material or workmanship within that period, Tripp Lite will repair or replace it at no charge.
- Free Tech Support: Chicago-based, in-house tech specialists are available by phone, email and chat.
- Over 95 Years: Founded in 1922, Tripp Lite has a long-established and proven track record of providing reliable products and responsive customer service.
- Trusted Name: From the smallest office to the largest data center, customers worldwide trust Tripp Lite to power, protect, manage and connect valuable IT equipment. Third-Party Safety Testing and ISO 9001 Certification.
Compare with similar items
Tripp Lite's BCPERS450 standby UPS offers AC surge suppression and long lasting battery support for desktop PCs, network workstations and a wide variety of consumer and professional electronics. Uninterruptible Power Supply / UPS circuits switch to battery backup mode within milliseconds to keep connected equipment running without interruption or data loss during power failures, brownouts and overvoltages. AC surge suppression prevents connected equipment damage. USB communications port supports built-in power management and auto-shutdown features of Windows and Mac OS X or full featured monitoring and data-saving auto-shutdown options using Tripp Lite's PowerAlert monitoring software available for download via Tripp Lite's website.
This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I see no screws except for battery door which, get a 92mm slow or medium speed fan, grille & 12v ps. Mounts perfect with 1.5" screws through vent slits.
Runs so much cooler and likely live longer.
I tried powerchute on XP and no luck programming ups. Beeper only silences if u press alarm button but resets with power.
Tripp lite- shame on you! It's a great lil sine wave ups flawed for bedroom use.
REVISION- BEEPER SILENCED WITH SOFTWARE HURRAY!
I unplugged it today and no beep! Guessing i had to close software & unplug usb cable (as i intended and only used cable to silence beep) so now i can put it in bedroom.
This UPS supports up to 375 Watt load on battery. Also found out that you do not hook up a printer to any UPS units, as printers consume high amounts of power. Just plug in your essentials- computer, monitor, and if you have a powered external HDD. **Most importantly,iMacs also started using power factor correcting power supplies a few years ago, which now require a pure SINE wave output on battery.** Do not just buy any UPS before doing your homework on what fits your needs. This unit is also not fancy in the way that it has a LCD screen. Its a simple on off button w/ a green light so you know if on and fully charged. I like simplicity!
It hooked up in five minutes and MAC OS 10.8.5 Mtn Lion recognized right away that I was on UPS. There is an indicator next to the wifi icon that gives you the % charge and if you can modify Shutdown options in the Energy Save Preference Pane under System Prefs. I didn't install the software that came with the UPS.
When I get a power outage, I will update and rate this a 5!
Update: 1/1/2014: Had a blackout last night. Power surged though the entire home and anything plugged in and ON got fried (i.e. Microwave, nightlights). Good thing I had surge protectors on the home theater system and this trusty Unit fulfilled its duty! I'm trying to figure out how to get it to stop beeping though so I'll contact Tripplite. My iMac was safe! It said I had about 30min power left in the upper menu/icon bar so it was plenty of time to save my work and perform shutdown safely.
My brother lives in a different place and his stereo, microwave and plasma tv were cooked. 5 stars!
Will update after Customer Service Call.
Update: 1/2/14: I plugged in the UPS after the power outage yesterday and left it plugged in. After a few hours I fired it back up again- no beeping! I believe the battery had to charge itself first after it was drained.
Update: 2/1/14: Our building had another brownout and surge- the trusty UPS kicked in again w/out a problem. This time the beeping didn't last long. Its back up and running full charge. Keeping the 5-star rating. No damage to any of my pc equipment and I was able to save my work with no data loss!
run a high risk of serious capacitor damage to PC PSU's using the modern specification "Active PFC".
And that if a standard type of uninterrupted power supply (non Sine Wave) is used in
conjunction with an active PFC PSU, the internal capacitors can be damaged, and may not become apparent right away.
So, if you buy a non Sine Wave unit, basically you have to install an old spec'd PSU without "Active PFC".
Unless you want to to take a risk of serious internal damage to your PSU, or maybe if you have a large
wattage PSU unit (750 watt and up) that has extra capacitance,you might be okay, even then, it's still a risk to use a standard
non Sine wave uninterrupted power supply. This is something very important, that the consumer is mostly not informed of.