Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Tripp Lite 550VA UPS Desktop Battery Back Up, 8 Ou..." and save 32% off the $104.40 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4-Year Home AV Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Repairing electronics can cost as much as buying them new. With SquareTrade, you're covered
- Protect your device today, enjoy it for years with peace of mind
- Covers: mechanical and electrical failures during normal use, 100% parts and labor
- 24/7 customer support, free shipping for all repairs, no deductibles or hidden fees
- Cancel anytime, full refund in first 30 days, fully transferable with gifts
Tripp Lite 550VA UPS Desktop Battery Back Up, 8 Outlet, 300W 120V Standby, Ultra-Compact, USB (INTERNET550U)
- Standby Battery Backup: 550 VA 300W 120V ultra-compact desktop Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS)
- Prevents data loss and system downtime by providing battery supported AC output during brownouts and blackout conditions.
- NEMA 5-15P input plug and 8 NEMA 5-15R outlets (4 battery supported, 4 surge-only)
- USB, TEL/DSL protection, Wall mountable, 99% efficient
- 3-Year Limited Warranty and $100,000 Ultimate Lifetime Insurance for connected equipment
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
- Model: INTERNET550U
- Load Capacity: 550 VA (300 W)
- Nominal AC Input/Output: 120 V, 60 Hz
- AC Outlets: 8 x 5-15R (4 UPS, 4 Surge-Only)
- Output Waveform (AC Mode): Sine Wave
- Output Waveform (Battery Mode): PWM Sine Wave
- Input Cord: 6 ft. (1.8 m) Cord with 5-15P Right-Angle Plug
- Half-Load Runtime: 5.6 min. (150 W Load)
- Single-Computer Runtime: 10 min. (100 W Load)
- Weight: 5 lb. (2.3 kg)
Ultra-Compact Standby UPS with USB Interface
This standby UPS system protects your valuable equipment from damage, downtime and data loss.
- Battery backup supports equipment during outages, power sags (brownouts) and overvoltages.
- Surge protection blocks harmful transient voltages on AC and phone lines.
- The USB interface connects to a computer for power management and automatic file saves.
- The ultra-compact, low-profile case saves space and supports desk, floor or wall-mount placement.
- The 3-year warranty and insurance reflect Tripp Lite's commitment to product quality and customer satisfaction.
- ENERGY STAR certified efficiency helps you save money, save energy and protect the environment.
Power Protection and Battery Backup
Between severe weather, the aging electrical grid and hazards lurking inside your own walls, your equipment is under constant attack from power problems. Even a brief loss of power or a momentary surge can ruin your equipment and destroy irreplaceable data. Prevent damage, downtime and data loss by installing this UPS system. It conditions incoming AC power, provides enough battery backup to outlast most outages and automatically saves open files and shuts down computers gracefully during extended blackouts.
- Protect Home and Office Computer Systems
Desktop Computers, Workstations, Displays, Inkjet Printers, Modems, Wireless Routers, Hubs, Scanners, External Drives
- Protect Home and Office Electronics
HDTVs, DVRs, Video Game Consoles, Sound Systems, Streaming Media Players, Device/Battery Chargers
Reliable Battery Backup
- Single-Computer Runtime: This UPS system will support an energy-efficient desktop computer and LCD monitor (100W load) for up to 10 minutes during an outage.
- Half-Load Runtime: This UPS system will support a 50% load (150 W) for up to 5.6 minutes.
- Optimized Outlet Array: 4 outlets have both battery backup and surge/noise protection, and 4 have surge/noise protection without battery backup. The surge-only outlets allow you to connect additional equipment without overloading the UPS or reducing the backup runtime available during an outage.
Protection from Surges, Line Noise and High/Low Voltages
This UPS system includes built-in surge protection and noise filtering to shield your equipment from destructive transient voltages and electromagnetic (EMI/RFI) line noise. If AC line voltage is too high or too low for your equipment, the UPS system will also provide backup power to the battery-supported outlets until conditions improve or the battery is discharged.
Data Line Surge Protection
Data lines connected to your equipment represent an unlocked back door, allowing surges to enter and damage or destroy sensitive electronic components. In addition to protecting against surges on the AC power line, this UPS system protects your equipment against surges on a connected phone line.
- The RJ11 jacks protect a phone, fax, analog modem or DSL modem line.
Flexible Management Options
There are two ways to manage this UPS system:
1. Use the HID-compliant USB interface and your computer's built-in power management features.
2. Use the USB interface with Tripp Lite's free PowerAlert software. PowerAlert provides enhanced features like automatic file saves, event notification, logging, advanced device control and an SNMP agent that supports centralized management. You can download the latest version of PowerAlert at Tripp Lite's website.
Environmentally Responsible Design
- ENERGY STAR Certification: This UPS system has ENERGY STAR certification. It helps you save money, save energy and protect the environment by meeting strict efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- RoHS Compliance: This UPS system complies with the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) Directive, limiting the use of hazardous substances in manufacturing.
Why Choose Tripp Lite?
Founded in 1922 in Chicago, Illinois, Tripp Lite is a leading manufacturer of products to power, connect and protect your equipment. With a large selection of connectivity products, Tripp Lite has everything from USB hubs and reversible USB cables to fiber-optic cables and over Cat5e/Cat6 signal extenders. Whether you need to connect high-speed networks to switches, routers and servers in your data center, or send high-resolution video signals to displays and digital signs, Tripp Lite has the complete solution. Plus, before and after your purchase, our Chicago-based, in-house technical support specialists are available to assist you by phone, email and live chat. With over 90 years of quality products and service, Tripp Lite is a brand you can trust.
Compare with similar items
APC Back-UPS 600VA UPS Battery Backup & Surge Protector with USB Charging Port (BE600M1)
Tripp Lite 850VA UPS Battery Backup, LCD, 425W Eco Green, USB, RJ11, 12 Outlets (ECO850LCD)
Tripp Lite BC350 350VA 180W UPS Desktop PC / MAC Battery Back Up Compact 120V, 6 Outlets
Tripp Lite 550VA UPS Battery Backup, 300W AVR Line Interactive, USB, Ultra-Compact (AVR550U)
CyberPower CP350SLG Standby UPS System, 350VA/255W, 6 Outlets, Compact
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||10.87 x 5.75 x 3.07 in||4.13 x 10.79 x 5.47 in||15 x 10 x 4.5 in||7.99 x 5 x 2.99 in||8.7 x 13.6 x 4.8 in||7.1 x 3.2 x 4.3 in|
|Item Weight||5 lbs||7.5 lbs||7.35 lbs||7.7 lbs||11 lbs||3.5 lbs|
550VA 300 watts power handlingBack-up time: half load 10 minutes full load 3.5 minutes8 outlets with 4 UPS/surge and 4 surge-only252 joule protectionFree PowerAlert Software download and cabling provide monitoring of site power conditionsCompact cabi designTel/DSL surge suppression with built-in jack3-year product Includes 6' AC power cord PowerAlert Software and USB cable
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Fortunately the above shouldn't affect it powering off my sg-2440 or my rpi3. Overall I probably can't fault it for my cable modem being oversensitive to microsecond power losses but I wish the load monitoring with nut actually worked with this device. because of that, I'd give this a 3.5-star rating if I could but since I can't I'll have to round down.
The second big problem is that the "New and Improved" model (same model number and name) uses a battery one half the size of my original 750U. I feel like the guy who thought he was buying the usual 1 pound package of something only to find out that the manufacturer was filling the same old 1 pound box with only 8 ounces of product.
I just looked at the package and product description and can find nothing that says: "Now with only half the run time!" or "Half As Much Battery for the Same Price!:
I did open the unit to get the battery manufacturers part number and compared the battery specifications. The old unit used a 12 volt 7 amp-hour battery and the new unit uses a 12 volt 3.5 amp-hour battery.. (BB Battery P/N SHR7-12)
Calling this product by the same model number as the previous product is clearly intentional deception.
Obviously, this problem is not limited to a single faulty device; both units failed in the same manor. I should not have bought this product. It does not even perform its most basic and critical function.
Luckily, this I was able to repair my data tables and continue working. However, I am going to attempt to return these devices immediately. I think I'm going to look at a different brand as a replacement. Please don't waste your time and money on this product.
Apparently, the return window has closed 2 days ago for me. I can see why they have such a short window (30days); they don't want you to be able to return it when you realize you bought a $40+ brick of...