Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Tripp Lite USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Active Extension Repea..." and save 78% off the $93.79 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Tripp Lite USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Active Extension Repeater Cable (A M/F) 20 Meter (65-ft.) (U026-20M)
|Price:||$21.50 & FREE Shipping|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 20 meter (65 ft.) USB2.0 Hi Speed Active extension/repeater cable
- Supports data transfer rates up to 480 Mbps
- Built in Repeater maintains Hi-Speed USB signal quality, and electrical / timing specifications
- Plug and Play; Compatible with all major operating systems
- Provides up to 250mA of power to the connected device. If your device requires more than 250mA of power, it will either need to have its own power supply or be plugged into a powered USB 2.0 hub (Tripp Lite U222-004-R) that is connected to the U026-20M. Use a standard 6' 10' or 15' USB A-B cable to reach the desired distance.
- 3-year limited warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
- Boost the signal of video or music streaming from a hard drive to a computer
- Connecting a printer or scanner to a laptop that is farther away than standard USB cables reach
Extends the Length of Your USB Cable by 20 Meters
Tripp Lite’s U026-20M USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Active Extension Repeater Cable increases the length of a device cable by 20 meters without worry of signal loss. Connect the male plug to a USB port on your computer or hub and the female end to a USB device cable. A built-in bus-powered signal booster ensures peak performance. Backward compatible with previous USB generations, this cable supports data transfer rates up to 480 Mbps.
Delivers Superior Signal Quality with Top-of-the-Line Construction
The U026-20M works with all computers, devices and cables with USB-A connectors, and provides up to 250mA of power to a connected device (an external power supply or powered USB 2.0 hub is required for applications stronger than 250mA). Premium foil-and-braid shielding delivers top-of-the-line signal quality and protection from EMI/RFI interference. Nickel-plated USB connectors with gold-plated copper contacts ensure excellent conductivity. Integral strain relief guarantees long life and durability.
Why Choose Tripp Lite?
Founded in 1922 in Chicago, Illinois, Tripp Lite is a leading manufacturer of products to power, protect, manage, house, cool, connect and mount your equipment. With a large selection of connectivity products, Tripp Lite has everything from USB hubs and reversible USB cables to fiber-optic cables and over Cat5e/Cat6 signal extenders. Whether you need to connect high-speed networks to switches, routers and servers in your data center, or send high-resolution video signals to displays and digital signs, Tripp Lite has the complete solution. Plus, before and after your purchase, our Chicago-based, in-house technical support specialists are available to assist you by phone, email and live chat. With 95 years of quality products and service, Tripp Lite is a brand you can trust.
Compare with similar items
Plugable 10 Meter (32 Foot) USB 2.0 Active Extension Cable Type A Male to A Female
AmazonBasics USB 2.0 Active Extension Cable Type A-Male to A-Female - 32 Feet (9.75 Meters)
Tripp Lite USB 2.0 Hi-Speed A/B Active Repeater Cable (M/M) 25-ft. (U042-025)
Monoprice 16ft 5M USB 2.0 A Male to A Female Active Extension / Repeater Cable use with PlayStation, Xbox, Kinenct, Oculus VR, USB Flash Drive, Card Reader, Hard Drive, Keyboard, Printer, Camera and More!
PTC 15 m / 49 ft USB2.0 Active repeater / extension M/F cable - Supports High speed 480 Mbps data rate.
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Deal Outlets||Plugable Technologies||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Pro-Techgroup|
|Item Dimensions||5.5 x 5.9 x 3.5 in||3 x 0.5 x 1 in||6.69 x 6.69 x 1.57 in||0.5 x 10 x 11 in||8.5 x 6.25 x 2.75 in||8 x 7 x 2 in|
Tripp Lite's 65-feet USB 2.0 active extension cable is a bus powered extension cable that can be used to increase the length of a device cable without the worry of signal loss and potential performance problems. USB limits a cable's length to 16 feet. Any length above 16 feet requires the use of an active cable such as this one. This cable has a signal booster built in. The overall cable length can be extended up to 131 feet by daisy chaining up to 2 of these active cables. 3-year limited warranty
Legal DisclaimerThis product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) the cable length limits the rate at which data can reliably be transmitted (which is why you don't see 3.0), and the length also adds a tiny bit of latency, so some bi-directional devices may not work reliably if they cannot live with the extra latency. (certain printer protocols come to mind here)
2) Also, the active repeaters draw a little bit of the USB ports power, so the actual max power available to the USB device plugged into it is lower than a regular USB port. This lower power might also cause problems with higher-draw devices which get their power from the USB cable. It should have no effect on low powered devices (webcams for example) or externally powered devices like most printers.
3) Don't forget about the repeater in the middle if you are pulling your cable through a small hole in a wall - any such hole should be near half of the cable closest to the PC, and you may have to pull your cable backwards towards the PC.
Anyway, I bought this cable, and added it to a standard 6 foot USB-to-Mini-USB cable (to attach to the camera), plugged it all together, and turned it all on. A total of 22 feet. Over 750 shots later, spread over 2 days, and not a single failure.
I like the LED light built into the female end. In my case, I learned that I had to have all connections made, the Mac on, and the camera turned on to light the LED. I learned to glance at it before every series of shots. If it was on, it worked, period.
IF you want to tether, here are some tips I have learned:
1. NEVER tie any connector to another, period. If (read when) you bump something, you want the connections to come apart, rather than have the hardware fall to the floor.
2. Secure the computer to the table it is sitting on. Bungee cords are one possible method.
3. Use at least two cables, as this provides a 'break-away' point in middle of the cabling to help protect the hardware on the ends.
I would recommend using only high-quality cables or adapters if needed with this cable. Look for ones with ferrites-those inch-long lumps near one connector. Not a guarantee of quality, but really cheap cables never have one.
I would like to give a shout out to a piece of free software called Sofortbild. So much better than Nikon's tethering software. He asks for a donation if it works, and I gladly made one.