Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Tripp Lite 1500VA Smart UPS Back Up, Sine Wave, 13..." and save 42% off the $1,071.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Tripp Lite 1500VA Smart UPS Back Up, Sine Wave, 1350W Line-Interactive, 2U Rackmount, Extended Run Option, LCD, USB, DB9 (SMART1500RMXL2UA)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 1500VA/1350W line interactive 2U rack / tower UPS, Sine wave output
- 120V output, Corrects brownouts and overvoltages from 83V to 145V
- USB, RS232, EPO and slot for optional SNMP/Web card
- Expandable runtime, interactive LCD interface,hazmat yes,non returnable customer policy.
- NEMA 5-15P input, 8 NEMA 5-15R outlets.
|Special Shipping Information: This product may not be available for 1 or 2 day shipping due to federal regulations that require it to ship via ground ship methods only. This product can only be shipped within the 48 contiguous states.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
- Model: SMART1500RMXL2UA
- Load Capacity: 1.5 kVA (1350 W)
- Power Factor: 0.9
- Nominal AC Input: 120V, 60 Hz
- Nominal AC Output: 120V, 60 Hz
- AC Outlets: 8 x 5-15R
- Switched Outlet Banks: 2 switchable two-outlet load banks
- Output Waveform (AC Mode): Pure Sine Wave
- Output Waveform (Battery Mode): Pure Sine Wave
- Input Cord: 10 ft. (3 m) Cord with 5-15P Plug
- Half-Load Runtime: 14 min. (675 W Load)
SmartPro Line-Interactive Rack/Tower Sine Wave UPS
with Expandable Runtime, Network Slot and LCD
This line-interactive UPS system protects your critical network systems from damage, downtime and data loss.
- Pure sine wave output improves compatibility with sensitive equipment.
- Expandable battery backup powers critical systems during outages.
- Advanced AVR corrects power sags (brownouts) and overvoltages.
- Surge protection blocks harmful transient voltages.
- LCD shows power conditions and permits easy access to settings.
- Network card slot supports optional remote access and network management.
- USB and serial ports connect to computers for power management.
- 3-year warranty and insurance reflect commitment to reliability.
Power Protection and Battery Backup
Between severe weather, the aging electrical grid and unavoidable hazards lurking inside your own walls, your servers and network hardware are under constant attack from power problems. Even a brief loss of power or a momentary surge can damage your equipment, corrupt your data, bring down your network and hurt your bottom line. Prevent damage, downtime and data loss by installing this SmartPro UPS system. It conditions incoming AC power to protect your equipment, provides enough battery backup to outlast most outages and allows critical systems to shut down gracefully to prevent data loss and corruption during extended blackouts.
Protect Servers and Network Hardware: Application Servers, Storage Servers, Database Servers, File Servers, Virtualization Servers, Proxy Servers, Web Servers, Media Servers, VoIP Servers, Network-Attached Storage, Network Switches, PoE Switches, Firewalls, Network Appliances, Bridges, Gateways, Routers.
Protect Equipment with Active PFC Power Supplies: Active PFC power supplies found in many devices require pure sine wave power.
Pure Sine Wave Output
When operating from battery power, a UPS system generates the waveform of its AC output. Many UPS systems generate PWM sine wave power, an approximation of the pure sine wave power you receive from your electrical utility. Although PWM sine wave power is compatible with most equipment, pure sine wave power is required by some devices -- such as computers with active PFC power supplies -- and prevents others from overheating, malfunctioning or failing prematurely. This UPS system generates pure sine wave power for superior compatibility with active PFC power supplies and other sensitive equipment.
Expandable Battery Backup
- Half-Load Runtime: This UPS system will support a 50% load (675W) for up to 14 minutes using the included batteries.
- Extended Runtime: This UPS system allows you to connect one or more optional external battery packs to provide additional backup runtime. Some external battery packs can also be daisy-chained, allowing you to scale runtime to match any application requirement.
- Hot-Swappable Batteries: You can add or replace batteries without turning off the UPS system and disrupting the operation of connected equipment.
Advanced AVR and Surge/Noise Protection
In locations with chronic voltage problems, frequent switching to battery drains reserve power and shortens battery life. This UPS system has a feature called automatic voltage regulation (AVR) that solves the problem. The UPS detects when input voltage is out of bounds and corrects it without using the battery.
All Tripp Lite UPS systems also include built-in surge protection and noise filtering to shield your equipment from destructive transient voltages and electromagnetic (EMI/RFI) line noise.
Flexible Management Options
There are several ways to manage this UPS system:
1. Use the multifunction LCD screen for comprehensive local management.
2. Use the USB port with your computer's built-in power management features.
3. Use the USB or serial port with your computer and Tripp Lite's PowerAlert software.
4. Install an optional network card to enable standalone network management via SNMP, Web, SSH or telnet.
Multifunction LCD Screen
The illuminated LCD provides easy access to detailed UPS settings and information. The LCD shows a variety of helpful data, including input/output voltage, output load percentage, output load wattage, power status, battery status, AVR status, battery capacity, estimated backup runtime remaining and daily power consumption. If you decide to install the UPS system in a tower configuration, you can rotate the LCD for optimal viewing.
Environmentally Responsible Design
- High Efficiency: This UPS system saves energy, produces less heat, shrinks your carbon footprint and reduces annual operating costs.
- User-Replaceable Battery: This UPS system has a user-replaceable, recyclable battery, allowing it to remain in service instead of going to a landfill.
- RoHS Compliance: This UPS system complies with the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) Directive, limiting the use of hazardous substances in manufacturing.
Dependable Service from an Industry Leader
Service and Support
- 3-Year Product Warranty: If this UPS system (including the internal battery) proves defective in material or workmanship within that period, Tripp Lite will repair or replace it at no charge.
- Insurance: Tripp Lite will repair or replace connected equipment damaged by surges – even lightning strikes!
- Free Tech Support: Chicago-based, in-house tech specialists are available by phone, email and chat.
- Over 90 Years: Founded in 1922, Tripp Lite has a long-established and proven track record of providing reliable products and responsive customer service.
- Trusted Name: From the smallest office to the largest data center, customers worldwide trust Tripp Lite to power, protect, manage and connect valuable IT equipment. Third-Party Safety Testing and ISO 9001 Certification.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||
Exclusively for Prime members
|Item Dimensions||17.48 x 13.5 x 3.5 in||17.25 x 10.5 x 3.5 in||9.02 x 7.48 x 12.76 in||23.75 x 23.5 x 8.7 in||17.99 x 17.01 x 3.5 in||17.25 x 19.5 x 1.75 in|
|Item Weight||43.4 lbs||32.7 lbs||40 lbs||46.5 lbs||63 lbs||45.6 lbs|
Tripp Lite's SMART 1500RMXL2Ua intelligent line interactive rack/tower uninterruptible power supply prevents data loss downtime and equipment damage due to power outages voltage fluctuations and transient surges. Requires only two rack spaces (2U) in a standard rack enclosure. Large internal batteries offer 25 minutes half load runtime and 10 minutes at full load. Runtime is expandable with optional BP36V15-2U external battery pack (limit 1). Maintains regulated 120V nominal output without using battery power during brownouts and overvoltages from 75 to 147V. 1500VA / 1000 watt power handling capability supports a variety of working tele and other sensitive electronic applications.Primary InformationPower Device Type : UPS UPS Technology : line-interactive Voltage Provided : AC 120 V Voltage Required : AC 120 V Load Rating : Small LAN / file server Power Device / Form Factor : Rack-mountable Dimensions&MiscellaneousWidth : 17.5 Inch Depth : 13.5 Inch Height : 3.5 Inch Compliant Standards : FCC Class A certified UL cUL NOM Enclosure Color : Black PowerPower Provided (W) : 1 KW Power Provided (VA) : 1500 VA Surge Suppression : Standard BatteryBattery Type : UPS battery Battery Technology : Lead-Acid battery Battery Form Factor : Internal Battery / Run Time : 10 min at full load ConnectionInterfaces & Connections : Interfaces: 1 x monitoring - 9 pin D-Sub (DB-9) 1 x monitoring - USB - 4 pin USB Type B 1 x management - RJ-11 Input Connector(s) : 1 x power NEMA 5-15 Output Connector(s) : 8 x power NEMA 5-15 Product Line : &
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The boxes arrived in good condition, but one of the units had the front cover all busted up on it. Have to contact tripp lite about that yet. At least the LCD didn't get damaged, so it's not the end of the world.
Both units are VERY NOISY. I have a 12KVA floor standing Liebert UPS that doesn't make as much noise as these units. They must have put the cheapest fans they could find in them. With all my other switching gear running (8-48 port switches) I can still hear these fans. On top of being loud, they just sound cheap.
I have the extended battery systems attached as well, still need to configure the UPS to show the correct runtime with the extended battery units.
Time will tell how they last.
Overall they seem to work okay, but definitely don't buy this if you have a noise concern, they are loud.
Things to know about these are that you need to keep the fan vents clean, so make sure you periodically blow them out to prevent overheating and fan failure. ALSO IMPORTANT TO NOTE that these require a NEMA L5-20P outlet, which has a 90-degree rotated prong (the outlet prongs look like a T on its side), and you need to make sure the AC circuit will support that draw and on a 20A breaker.
I gave this product a 3 star rating cause of the loud noise the fans created. Though Amazon had the greatest price for this unit then anyone else online.
However, this unit is great for an IT room but in my bedroom, it was very noisy. It has two fans. One fan would stay on, on a low setting and the other fan would kick on as my computers load would increase. Too noisy for my gaming situations.
Amazon return policies are great and fast. Great company to do business with.
We have made it through 2 rolling brown outs with the UPS.
Most recent customer reviews
Currently keeping 2 servers and a few switches up for a few mins after a power outage.