Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Tripp Lite 6 Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip 6f..." and save 58% off the $14.40 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Tripp Lite 6 Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip 6ft Cord 790 Joules LED & INSURANCE (TLP606)
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$5.11 (35%)|
- PROTECT ANY ELECTRONIC DEVICE FROM POWER SURGES & SPIKES: Surge Protector with six outlets and protects your PC, personal computer, laptop, printer, scanner, router, phone, fax, modem, television, lamp or any other home/office electronics from dangerous power surges, spikes & line noise.
- 6-OUTLET ECONOMICAL AC SURGE PROTECTION: This surge suppressor provides six total NEMA 5-15R outlets, one of which is placed at the end to accept a bulky transformer without blocking adjacent outlets. White surge protector with 6 ft. AC power cord with NEMA 5-15P plug provides to ability to reach distant outlets.
- SAFETY FIRST! CONFORMS TO UL 1449 SAFETY STANDARDS: 15 amp resettable circuit breaker. A diagnostic LED confirms your connected equipment is protected. 790 joules means protection for your equipment. White surge protector conforms to current UL 1449 3rd Edition safety standards.
- WHITE SURGE PROTECTOR CONVENIENT OPTIONS FOR PLACEMENT IN ANY ENVIRONMENT: 6' AC power cord with NEMA 5-15P plug offers keyhole slots on bottom panel for convenient wall mounting.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY, $20,000 INSURANCE: Lifetime Limited Warranty and $20,000 Ultimate Lifetime Insurance covers any connected equipment damaged by a power surge
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
With independently verified surge-stopping power fully tested and certified to meet strict UL standards, this Tripp Lite surge protector is the smart choice for protecting your valuable equipment. Maker of the legendary Isobar, Tripp Lite has been a power protection leader since the dawn of the PC age. Nobody knows more about shielding computers and electronics from damaging surges and disruptive line noise.
- 790-joule surge protection rating – More joules mean more protection!
- EMI/RFI noise filtering protects against outside interference.
- Resettable circuit breaker protects against overloads.
Ready for Home and Office
This surge protector is perfect for home and office electronics of all kinds, including computers, monitors, printers, wireless routers, televisions, video game consoles, streaming media players, sound systems, device chargers, desk lamps and small appliances.
- 6 protected AC outlets.
- Transformer outlet optimized for bulky AC adapters.
- High-quality 6-foot AC input cord with 5-15P plug.
- Keyhole mounting slots.
- Diagnostic LED.
Lifetime Warranty, Insurance and Support
If your connected equipment is damaged by a surge—even a direct lightning strike—Tripp Lite will repair or replace it up to the value of the Ultimate Lifetime Insurance. If the 'Protected' LED ever goes out, simply return the surge protector to Tripp Lite for a free replacement. And if you ever have a question, our Chicago-based tech support team is standing by ready to assist you free of charge.
- Lifetime limited warranty.
- $20,000 connected equipment insurance.
- Free Chicago-based tech support.
Compare with similar items
AmazonBasics 6-Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip, 790 Joule - Black
GE Power Strip Surge Protector, 6 Outlets, 10ft Extra Long Power Cord, Flat Plug, 800 Joules, Safety Locks, Multi Outlet, Wall Mount, White, 14092
Tripp Lite 6 Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip 8ft Cord 990 Joules LED & $20K INSURANCE (TLP608)
Tripp Lite 4 Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip, 4ft Cord, & $1,000 INSURANCE (TLP404)
Tripp Lite 7 Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip, 7ft Cord, Right Angle Plug, 2160 Joules, Black, $75,000 INSURANCE (SUPER7B)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||6 x 10.35 x 1.26 in||11.5 x 1.7 x 1.1 in||9.75 x 1.75 x 1.25 in||1.8 x 5.8 x 13.4 in||1.85 x 8.11 x 1.18 in||1.77 x 5.9 x 12.4 in|
TRIPPLITE TLP606 TLP606 Surge Suppressor, 6 Outlets, 6 ft Cord, 790 Joules, Light Gray
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I opened up the power strip and found that the pictured component (U1) had basically exploded, leaving a big scorch mark on the inside of the plastic casing of the power strip. My guess is that the big glob of glue holding down the inductor above it probably caused U1 to overheat and blow its top. Maybe a heat sink would be a better choice than a big warm blanket of glue.
We bought several of these for work, so I'm trying a second one charging the same battery pack. It's holding up longer than the first one, but that section of the power strip down by the USB ports is running very hot! See the attached thermal image which has the hot spot marked on it.
Thus far, I can't honestly say whether I'm confident enough in this product to put these out in peoples' offices.
To be fair, other Tripp Lite products we've used in the past years (Iso-bar power strips and Smart-Pro UPS) have been rock-solid. That was part of the reason for selecting this particular product.
Seriously, it works great. Feels solid, it's powered many expensive electronics these past months with no issues, and I dunno, hasn't held my family hostage yet!
Pluses, I love that it literally clamps to the side of my desk so I have a handy on/off switch and outlets for items on my desk so that I can turn them all off with one switch and not have to climb under the desk.
For all other purposes, it's still working, but the USB plugs on it are not. Sad for something I've had less than a year. Would not purchase again because who knows how long before it completely stops working.
Why would I give 5 stars to a thing that broke?
A transformer (or whatever those big cylinders on power poles are) blew up in a wind storm outside my apartment late one night. The GFCI outlets in my kitchen got hit bad enough that they completely fused, smoking and everything, even though all my circuit breakers flipped off. Power was out for the whole building, electrician had to come and fix a bunch of my outlets. The electric-y burn-y smell lasted weeks. It was a mess.
My desktop was plugged into this surge protector. The surge protector popped. My computer didn't. I did lose a project I was working on though.
So I guess the lesson here is, ALWAYS plug your valuable electronics into a surge protector and always save your computer work.
Also, it still works fine as a power strip, but the "protected" light is no longer on.
I've been using this device for few months now - it works flawlessly, isn't unattractive, and works as intended. But, it also gives off a slightly noxious odor that is off-putting, especially when close to it - and it's odor will keep my from buying another one. I want/need a couple more devices like this one soon, but will be looking for another manufacturer first or fabricating my own carrier device second and buying another one of these never.