Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $33.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty. Power surges covered from day one.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Tripp Lite SMART1500LCDXL 1500VA Smart UPS Back Up, 900W Rack-Mount/Tower, LCD, AVR, Extended Runtime Option, USB, DB9, 3 Year Warranty & Dollar 250,000 Insurance Black
Enhance your purchase
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Work though short blackouts: Rack/tower line interactive 1500VA / 900w smart LCD uninterruptible power supply (ups) with extended run time option provides up to 12 min of half load run time / 4 min of full load run time
- 8 outlets protect small servers, desktops & all peripherals: 8 outlets provide ups power backup & surge protection (for small server, desktop, monitor, lcd, network workstation, audio/video components, media center, keyboard, external hard drive, wireless router, iot device)
- Expandable run time option: The smart1500lcdxl offers an external battery pack compatibility so that you can extend your runtime with the optional external battery pack
- AVR + free management software: Automatic voltage regulation (AVR) corrects severe under voltages as low as 75v and over voltages as high as 147v without using any battery power; USB & serial ports enable data saving unattended shutdown when used with tripp lite's power alert software, available via free download
- 3 year warranty, $250,000 insurance: 3 year limited warranty and $250,000 ultimate lifetime insurance for connected equipment; If you have any questions, our Chicago based tech support team is ready to assist you with any troubleshooting techniques, configuration help, or warranty assistance
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
- Model: SMART1500LCDXL
- Load Capacity: 1500 VA (900 W)
- Nominal AC Input: 120V, 60 Hz
- Nominal AC Output: 110V; 115V; 120V, 60 Hz
- AC Outlets: 8 x 5-15R
- Output Waveform (AC Mode): Sine Wave
- Output Waveform (Battery Mode): PWM Sine Wave
- Input Cord: 6 ft. (1.8 m) Cord with 5-15P Right-Angled Plug
- Half-Load Runtime: 12 min. (450 W Load)
SmartPro LCD 120V 1500VA 900W Line-Interactive UPS
AVR, Extended Runtime, 2U Rack/Tower, LCD, USB, DB9, 8 Outlets
This line-interactive UPS system protects your valuable equipment from damage, downtime and data loss.
- Battery backup supports equipment during outages
- Advanced AVR corrects power sags (brownouts) and overvoltages
- Surge protection blocks harmful transient voltages on AC and phone/network lines
- Multifunction LCD screen displays power conditions and provides easy access to settings
- USB and serial ports connect to computers for power management
- 3-year warranty and insurance reflect commitment to reliability
Power Protection and Battery Backup
Between severe weather, the aging electrical grid and hazards lurking inside your own walls, your equipment is under constant attack from power problems. Even a brief loss of power or a momentary surge can ruin your equipment and destroy irreplaceable data. Prevent damage, downtime and data loss by installing this UPS system. It conditions incoming AC power, provides enough battery backup to outlast most outages and automatically saves open files and shuts down computers gracefully during extended blackouts.
Protect Home and Office Computer Systems: Workgroup Servers, Media Servers, High-Performance Workstations, Office Computers, Gaming PCs, Displays, Inkjet Printers, Modems, Switches, Wireless Routers, Scanners, External Drives.
Protect Audio/Video Equipment: HDTVs, DVRs, Video Game Consoles, DVD and Blu-ray Players, Stereos, Surround Sound Systems, Sound Bar Speakers, Streaming Media Players, Home Theater PCs, Cable/Satellite Receivers.
Expandable Battery Backup
- Half-Load Runtime: This UPS system will support a 50% load (450W) for up to 12 minutes using the included batteries.
- Extended Runtime: This UPS system allows you to connect one or more optional external battery packs to provide additional backup runtime. Some external battery packs can also be daisy-chained, allowing you to scale runtime to match any application requirement.
- Hot-Swappable Batteries: You can add or replace batteries without turning off the UPS system and disrupting the operation of connected equipment.
Advanced AVR and Surge/Noise Protection
In locations with chronic voltage problems, frequent switching to battery drains reserve power and shortens battery life. This UPS system has a feature called automatic voltage regulation (AVR) that solves the problem. The UPS detects when input voltage is out of bounds and corrects it without using the battery.
All Tripp Lite UPS systems also include built-in surge protection and noise filtering to shield your equipment from destructive transient voltages and electromagnetic (EMI/RFI) line noise.
Data Line Surge Protection and LCD Screen
Data and audio/video lines connected to your equipment represent an unlocked 'back door,' allowing surges to enter and damage or destroy sensitive electronic components. In addition to protecting against surges on the AC power line, this UPS system protects your equipment against surges on connected phone or network lines.
The illuminated LCD screen shows a variety of helpful data, including input voltage, battery capacity, power status, battery status and AVR status. You can adjust the brightness of the LCD backlight and rotate the LCD to match the orientation of the UPS system.
Flexible Management Options
There are several ways to manage this UPS system:
- Use the multifunction LCD screen.
- Use the HID-compliant USB port and your computer's built-in power management features.
- Use the USB or serial port with Tripp Lite's free PowerAlert software. PowerAlert provides enhanced features like automatic file saves, event notification, logging, advanced device control and an SNMP agent that supports centralized management.
Environmentally Responsible Design
- High Efficiency: This UPS system saves energy, produces less heat, shrinks your carbon footprint and reduces annual operating costs.
- RoHS Compliance: This UPS system complies with the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) Directive, limiting the use of hazardous substances in manufacturing.
Dependable Service from an Industry Leader
Service and Support
- 3-Year Product Warranty: If this UPS system (including the internal battery) proves defective in material or workmanship within that period, Tripp Lite will repair or replace it at no charge.
- Insurance: Tripp Lite will repair or replace connected equipment damaged by surges – even lightning strikes!
- Free Tech Support: Chicago-based, in-house tech specialists are available by phone, e-mail and chat.
An Industry Leader
- Over 90 Years: Founded in 1922, Tripp Lite has a long-established and proven track record of providing reliable products and responsive customer service.
- Trusted Name: From the smallest office to the largest data center, customers worldwide trust Tripp Lite to power, protect, manage and connect valuable IT equipment.
Compare with similar items
The SMART1500LCDXL SmartPro LCD 120V, 1500VA/900W Line-Interactive Uninterruptible Power Supply provides battery backup and AC power protection against blackouts, brownouts, power surges and line noise that can damage electronics or destroy data. Ideal for backing up your desktop computer or audio/visual components, this line-interactive UPS switches to battery backup mode in milliseconds to keep your connected equipment running long enough to save files and shut down safely with no data loss. Eight NEMA 5-15R outlets protect against surges, as well as provide up to 12 minutes of UPS battery support at half-load (450W) and 4 minutes of support at full load (900W). You can get even more runtime by connecting an optional BP24V15RT2U external battery pack. Automatic voltage regulation (AVR) corrects severe under voltages as low as 75V and over voltages as high as 147V without using any battery power. EMI/RFI noise filtering improves your equipment’s performance and prevents damage. A 1038-joule surge suppression rating protects your equipment from harmful power surges. Space-saving NEMA 5-15P right-angle plug with 6-foot cord connects to any NEMA 5-15R socket. Large rotatable LCD screen shows real-time input voltage, load, AVR, remaining battery runtime and battery statuses at a glance. With Tripp Lite’s PowerAlert software (available via free download), the SMART1500LCDXL enables safe unattended system shutdown and file saves in case of a prolonged power failure. Rated input current (Maximum Load) 8.6A.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Another downgrade is the LCD screen, it is extremely cheap where is there is light shining on the panel you can see the outline of numbers even when they are not lit up ( hard to explain in test, but think of an old Casio watch from the 90s).
One more downgrade was the software, Going from Power Chute to Power Alert was laughable. A battery test cannot be performed from the software like the APC units. I have to physically go to my rack a fiddle with the buttons to perform the battery test.
Oh yes! The fan, it runs 24/7. On my APC the fan only turned on when it was running on battery, this thing, the fan runs as long as the unit is turned on. More noise pollution than needed.
On the plus side we did have a brown out and the UPS handled it well keeping the Norco 4224 with 24 HDDs running along with Fios modem and switch. I wouldn't have noticed the brown out at all if the lights didn't blink.
I paid the extra for the expandable version but now I'm not even sure I want to buy the external battery if the batteries cant be replaced and ill have to toss this in the trash and buy a new one once they fail. Which, will be a PITA to perform a disconnect, unrack, rack the new unit and reconnect.
Do yourself a favor, go with the non expandable version where the fan doesn't run 24/7 and cost less or just go with APC.
A normal surge protector is less interruptible than this UPS.
The unit does indeed install in a standard 19" rack and takes up 2U. Another reviewer stated that rack ears only mount on one side of the enclosure, but that's not true. You only have to pop out two plastic covers to expose the mounting holes for the ear on the other side.
I haven't used it long enough to know if it's reliable, and I intend to return it, so I won't know, but it seems to function as it should.
The new version sounds like a jet engine whenever charging...even when not under load. Do a test run and let it discharge for 5 mins? The fans will be on MAXIMUM ATTACK for an hour while the batteries top up. When not preparing for takeoff, the fan is still highly intrusive in a quiet room, and in no way an acceptable
option for any home theater environment.
If you are buying for an already-noisy environment and don't care about an extra turbofan, they do make good rackmount units and are much less expensive than comparable APC items.
I have since switched over to CyberPower. Cheezy name, but 100% silent and they also have active PFC versions at this pricepoint.
Top reviews from other countries
Update 3 meses después:
- En general silencioso, pero genera un ruido de alta frecuencia algo molesto, solo si estas a un lado del ups lo puedes escuchar, por lo que recomiendo distancia.
- Aguantó bien dos cortes de corriente dándome un par de horas ( con solo un modem, switch y un disco duro en red conectados) para seguir operando desde mi laptop.
- Tiende a ponerse algo tibio tirandole a caliente en operación normal, por lo que lo tienen que ubicar en un lugar ventilado.
- En mi caso, se presentó un comportamiento inusual. Cada cierto tiempo el ups amanecía apagado ( batería en 0 ) aun cuando la energía estaba operando. Sé de antemano que en esa ubicación hay cortes nocturnos algo frecuentes ( digamos una vez por semana ) y duran de 1 a 2 horas por lo que asumo que el UPS gastaba toda la batería y al regresar la electricidad no podía encender ( no tengo ninguna PC conectada por lo que no puedo mandarle la orden de apagado al UPS ). Compre un UPS Cyberpower y no ha presentado este comportamiento, tal vez falla mía por no investigar antes el comportamiento de este UPS.
Cambie la unidad a una ubicación con suministro mas estable ( ya que funciona correctamente cuando hay cortes ) y donde tengo más control sobre el apagado.
tipo de aparatos. Hace unas pocas semanas se fue la luz más de una hora y tres de nuestras computadoras que usan estos aparatos duraron encendidas cerca de una hora cada una! (cada computadora con su monitor están conectados a uno de estos). Así que lo recomiendo mucho. No hacen nada de ruido. El único detalle que les veo es que se calientan un poco pero nada que sea un problema.
Me gusta el tamaño y la posibilidad de bajarle de intensidad a la pantalla LCL con la que cuenta. El software no lo he probado pues generalmente en Mac no hay nada relevante.
El envío sin problemas.
Si tengo que comentar alguna desventaja del producto es que el espacio que existe entre los contactos puede llegar a ser muy pequeño para el tamaño de las clavijas/enchufes que se manejan en la actualidad por lo que se pierde la capacidad de utilizarlos. Cuenta con varios contactos por lo que para mi no es un gran problema.
Quitando este dato, el producto es excelente y cumple con todas las expectativas que tenía.