BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Kidz Bop PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Trooper And The Legend Of The Golden Key
Format: DVD|Change

on December 10, 2012
If you are a fan of the classic mysteries including The Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew or Tom Swift, this modest production of a small town mystery is your cup of tea.... or evening nightcap! Funny and hysterical in parts, yet engrossing from a young child's point of view, this modest production reminds me of the matinee serials produced for the double-bill motion pictures of yesterday. Endearing, fun, intriguing, this movie is fine entertainment and provides a great theme in appreciating and making the most of your surroundings.
on March 20, 2013
This little family film is truly one you'll want to watch with your whole family. It's funny, touching and full of pleasant surprises. I happened to see it during a screening for a charity event, and the whole crowd just loved it. Clearly the film makers and the whole cast did their best to put together a sweet mystery that wouldn't bore the adults, and would delight the kids. Highly recommended.
on January 3, 2013
A wonderful movie for children. Several cute scenes for the adults as well! Acting very well done. I highly rec!
on December 3, 2012
Great story, acting is solid. It is a story that kids want to watch over and over. Stocking stuffer idea?
on December 9, 2012
The title of this review is a line from the movie Trooper and the Legend of the Golden Key. That line is the only thing I liked about the film. This movie had some of the worst acting I have ever seen in a children's film. I got it from our local library to watch with my kids because we also have a dog named Trooper. Thought it would be fun. Nope.
Aside from the absolutely pitiful acting (the worst of which comes from the lady who delivered the Ben Franklin line) the writing was just ridiculous. The lines the so called actors had to deliver were absurd and the plot was labored. The overly physical acting of many of the characters was sadly in sync with their lines. The setting looked fake, as if the movie makers couldn't afford a real set.
As another reviewer noted, the cover of the movie was misleading. I thought it might even be a bit scary for my kids at times based on the cover. I actually warned them about it just in case. Now that the pain of watching the movie is over, I can say the scary qualities of this movie were everything involving its creation, not any particular scene.
Just so I don't stand accused of missing the point, that this is after all a children's movie, I should say my kids did enjoy it. However they also enjoy much higher quality stuff also intended for their age group (Monsters Inc., the original Underdog cartoons from the 70s, Fraggle Rock, The Muppets, and Toy Story to name some). So, the way I look at it, if you can watch something of quality with your children (something EVERYONE will agree on) why not do it? I would not recommend this film at all, even if you got it from your local library.
on November 10, 2012
On visiting America we came across Trooper, Dash and Tommy in this lovely family film. It is very sweet and it's simple story and uncomplicated charm made it an absolutely first rate film for younger viewers. I think you may only appreciate it if you watch it with a younger person (aged 3-8) because for adult tastes it seems rather low key and simplistic...however my four year old absolutely loved it....again...and again...and again.... In a media world of fast pace, special effects and graphics I think we can all to easily overlook films like this, but for a younger viewer it is absolutely perfect- it has strong family values; the difference between right and wrong; two cute dogs and the triumph of good people over the "baddies". It is a simple tale, easy to follow for children and well acted. It totally has a thumbs up from me. When can I buy this in the UK?
on May 2, 2014
The acting and script is very light for some of the performances), but it has a very feeling and it is very funny. Great for an evening with the family. Read the last message in the end credits, so true.
on July 4, 2015
good good good
on November 19, 2012
I liked the actors in the show & the story line. Kids I think would really enjoy watching the story about Trooper!