Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Tropical World: A Coloring Book Adventure (A Millie Marotta Adult Coloring Book) Paperback – September 8, 2015
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
“A colouring book filled with art so beautiful and intricate, you’ll be hesitant to colour it in, even though your own shading only serves to enhance these amazing illustrations.”—Buzzfeed.com
“In her books, you'll find whimsical images of idiosyncratic animals, flowers in bloom, and sophisticated patterns at play. Who doesn't love the idea of immersing oneself into a fantastical world of monochromatic illustrations and bringing them to (colorful) life?” —MarthaStewart.com
“Coloring can be weirdly calming, even for grown-ups. Animal Kingdom is a coloring book for adults, filled with stunning, intricate illustrations of various fauna and foliage that’ll ensure hours of relaxation.” —RealSimple.com
“I am on the coloring bandwagon. I can’t wait to try all the fun animals in this book especially the bunnies and squirrels that are just darling. If you haven’t tried it lately I highly recommend it! So fun and relaxing.” —CraftGossip.com
About the Author
Top customer reviews
The book focuses on tropical flora and fauna. The drawings are so well done but the artist has gone to a higher level with her exquisitely patterned details on each and every one of the design pages.
The designs include flowers and flowers arrangements (some are in mandala-type styles), birds (including flamingos, toucan, owls, parrots, peacock and more), snakes, tiger, butterflies, elephants, frog, iguana, fish, seahorse, collage of leaves, water lilies, and so much more.
The cover is once again gorgeous. It is beautifully drawn and has touches of color and metallic gold. The weight of the paper used is excellent; however, once again, the designs are printed on both sides of the page and the pages are not perforated.
Sixteen of the designs span across two pages so removing these may not be your choice. There are 86 pages of designs (counting both sides of each page) though less numbers of designs as some span two pages. Also, a few of the designs are set up with details drawn in on the left hand side of the page and then the artist has given us outlines on the right hand side so that we, as colorists and artists, can determine how we wish to finish it in a way that is unique to ourselves.
I will certainly be buying a second copy of this book so that I can color both sides using whatever medium I choose. This is what I have done with "Animal Kingdom", too. Some books are simply worth having duplicate copies. If I were only buying one copy, I would stick to a soft colored pencil so that there would be no danger of ink leaking through from one side to the other.
Each page is filled with artistic, meticulously adorned birds, animals, fish and other creatures. Some adorned with flowers and leaves others with geometrical shapes and designs in which 11 are individual animals the rest of the illustrations have animals surrounded and set in scenes with lush vegetation that fill the pages with flowers, trees, leaves and more.
A perfect addition to your coloring library, or gift for adults, college students and school aged children that enjoy intricate coloring.I am adding my favorite illustrations from the book
1. This Book is Square, (9 7/8ths x 9 7/8ths inches ) with 69 illustrations and 86 pages to color, 16 2 page illustrations and 56 single page illustrations, printed front and back of each page, on heavy weight, bright white paper. The book lies flat by bending it backwards and I found the 2 page illustrations easy to color.
2. On 4 pages the illustrations have been duplicated without the adornments so you can add your own to create images that are uniquely yours
3. The patterns are very intricate and detailed so Colored pencils, or Fiskars Gel pens, Triplus fineliners, Triplus Fibre tip, and Stabilo work well in this book, and they do not bleed through the paper.
4.. Sharpie ultra fine and Bic Mark it ultra fine, both bleed through the paper.
5. Bird lovers rejoice, there are 16 bird illustrations in this wonderful book.
6. Other illustrations include 11 mammal illustrations and a variety of other creatures some from the sea, butterflies, frogs, fish and more.
1. 8 of the pages have text on the page someplace.
2. Printed front and back of each page, all markers and some gel pens bleed through the pages.
These drawings are BEAUTIFUL. What a fabulous way to unwind anytime it's needed (even when it's not)!
Paper - 5
Illustrations - 5
Binding - 5
Difficulty - 3
Number of images - 5