$ 99 $9.99 Save $3.00 (30%)
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Modern times are changing and the island nation of Tropico is evolving. The internet, a New World Order, terrorists, global financial markets and space exploration are on the rise and pose new challenges to El Presidente and his regime.
Old buildings and structures are becoming obsolete and need to be upgraded or even replaced by their modern counterparts. Cars and transportation need modernization to meet the needs of a changing economy; and now El Presidente can even send people to the International Space Station! El Presidente and his ministers must now join the war against terror and control internet regulation and freedom of speech on Tropico.
- Make Tropico fit for the 21st century: Evolve the island from the cold war era to modern times and even in to the future
- 30new buildings become available time progresses, including condos, skyscrapers, Organic Ranches and Biofarms. Replace obsolete buildings with these modern and inspiring designs
- Upgrade old buildings to new variants - modernized apartment buildings, banks, museums and much more.
- 10 new edicts allow even more control over your citizens' lives. Block or limit citizen's internet use, create a police state or be a "good guy" and launch the Festival of Love edict
- New single player campaign comprised of 12 comprehensive scenario missions. Protect Tropico from unseen and sinister forces.
Tropico 4 base game required for play. DLC download requires an account with Kalypso media's website and linking of the original game with this account. DLC code can be redeemed on publisher's website using this account.
|Supported OS:||Windows XP,Windows 7,Windows Vista,Windows|
|Hard Disk:||none specified|
|Video Card:||none specified|
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
- Go to the Kalypso(manufacturer of Tropico 4) download launcher in this link
[...] **UPDATE** Amazon does not allow links so just google "Kalypso Download Launcher"
- If you have an account (which you should) then login, otherwise create a new account and link the product key from the original game with that account.
- Click on the "redeem code" link of the webpage
- Type in the code provided to you when this is purchased
- Once you see that it has gone through successfully, open up Tropico 4. The main title screen should pop up and at the bottom prompt you to download the Modern Times DLC. Once you proceed and download it, it will install and you should be able to play.
*NOTE* Make sure you have the most current updates for Tropico 4 before you install the expansion pack. I ran into the issue where when a new update came out, I had to redownload and install the expansion pack again.
Assuming that you have successfully installed it, the expansion pack is fantastic! It has great new features like new modern buildings, edicts, and scenarios that creates a whole new dimension of gameplay.Read more ›
Installation was a snap. You buy the DLC and Amazon gives you a code. You then open the game and hit the "Enter code" button and cut and paste your new code into the box and then click "Continue". The game asks if you want to download new content. You say go-for-it and the game patches itself. Mine took about 7 minutes and then it was good to good. No muss, no fuss.
Overall, I love this game and would recommend it to any wanna-be city building dictators out there.
Edit: A lot of the missions are bugged, maps are re-used during the campaign even with only 12 of them. I'm not finding the later missions to be much fun and the references to the current political problems in the world seem forced and unfunny. Between the bugged quests and disappointing missions I'm going to lower the score to a 2, there are just too many little annoyances that are ruining this expansion for me.
I pre-ordered this on Steam for $16.99, if you're thinking of buying this remember that if you own Tropico 4 on Steam you need to get Modern Times from Steam as well. The boxed version of this expansion for some reason costs $29.99, do yourself a favor and just get this one instead, it's only a small download, about 600 MBs or so, took me about 7 minutes on a mediocre connection.
So, what does this expansion offer? You get 12 new missions in a continuing story on different islands much like Tropico 4's main story line. As far as I can tell the island designs are a mix of new and old, but I'll have to comment further on that when I complete it, I'm only on the third island so far.
One of the new features is the Time Line, it's a series of historical events that will have an impact on your island. For example the Cuban Missile Crisis will force you to use the Conscription edict, and the Bird Flu Scare will increase the price of beef, and so on. You will also unlock the new buildings in the expansion at certain time intervals, so that you gradually get access to them and upgrade as new things are developed.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Like the game it self but am unable to install it. Since tropico is with steam you can only use steam products. So now i have to try to get my money back.Published 7 months ago by erica nixon
I found this game to be a fun escape from the traditional building game...it has a fun dialog from
characters and it is a challenging game... Read more
THIS GAME IS SO LAME. I HAVE A FUNNER GAME ON MY ANDROID HAHA I WISH I DIDN'T PAY FOR THISPublished on September 30, 2013 by vincent nicolosi
Nice job not messing with the game play but giving Tropico faithful new scenarios and islands to take from the 50s into the 21st century. Read morePublished on August 27, 2013 by Amazon Customer
After playing much tropico set in the 50s-70s, it's a nice touch to add the more modern buildings and challenges. Read morePublished on December 26, 2012 by Couch
Modern Times is what I was hoping for in a modern day setting for Tropico. The DLC allows you to go from the early 60s into the late 2000s and beyond! As a Civ fan, this is lovely.Published on December 25, 2012 by RW Jarvis
I assumed that the online game code would be compatible with the steam version of the game, but it appears that they are not. I cannot find any way to activate this DLC. Read morePublished on November 19, 2012 by Dave M.
Cheaper than buying from the Kalypso store.
Be sure to open the game up to the launching screen and enter the code in the correct place there. It won't work via steam.