- File Size: 350 KB
- Print Length: 96 pages
- Publisher: Decadent Publishing Company, LLC (January 14, 2014)
- Publication Date: January 14, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00HVIL7WO
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,111,987 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
The Trouble With Memories (Martian Mating Book 1) Kindle Edition
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
But none of that compares to Eva’s martians, AI’s, and strapping space pilots. Lucy is strong, independent, and damned if she’s going to let the military take away her guy. It all seems simple enough at first. He chose career over love, right?
But when we find out what really happened…Hello, hold onto your pants (cuz Cal sure doesn’t… and wow does it get hot ;-) . Factor in a martian enslaved in a way you’d never imagine, and an AI who’s more sexy than Skynet, and you’ve got one hell of a hot ride.
I can’t wait to see what Eva comes up with in Book 2…
Captain Sykes can control ships with his mind thanks to his new implant. No longer fully human he struggles to break free from the grips of a mad scientist. When his memories come flooding back to him he realizes he needs Lucy by his side again, but will clearing his name and bringing the scientist to justice cost them their relationship?
I was excited to see this is the start of a series. I can't wait for book 2!
I loved that that heroine was not the sniveling, spineless doormat that you so often find in romance novels. This was a very fast and easy going read, and once past the intro, the story was actually entertaining and engaging. I am definitely curious to see how the story ultimately ends. Am I likely to buy the next book in the sequel? Yes.
Additionally, thanks to the teaser at the end of the book, I now must purchase "Sweet Cravings." Eva, what have you done to me?!!
Cal was always dedicated to being a pilot until the day he met Lucy left him torn between his two loves. Believing a secret and cutting edge mission to be the highlight of his career, he and other pilots allowed themselves to have implants put in and AI technology implemented that took him away from Lucy and changed his life forever. The technology invaded his brain and led him to actions branding him a traitor with the results leaving him with lost memories and a lost love. I ached for Cal and everything he went through. He's a strong man left with a body he can't understand. With cyborg implants and blackouts that leave his body acting on its own he's not even sure Lucy wants him back but he'll do whatever necessary to get her back, including putting his life on the line.
Lucy is a strong-willed woman who's capable of going toe to toe with Cal and winning but she soon tires of being chosen last. When Cal came back a changed man she fought to bring his memories back and was willing to stand by his side to help him regain his heart and soul.....and her love. She was no shrinking violet as she jumped right into the action to fight alongside him and I admired her strength and loyalty despite all the evidence piling up against Cal.Read more ›
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Romance > Military
- Books > Romance > Multicultural
- Books > Romance > Science Fiction
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Opera
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Military
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Multicultural & Interracial
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Science Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Opera