Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Troubleshooting Oracle Performance 2nd ed. 2014 Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Excel 2016 For Dummies Video Training
Discover what Excel can do for you with self-paced video lessons from For Dummies. Learn more.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Some of the improvements in the second edition, when compared to the first edition of this book:
* Extended explanation of the different definitions of the term cardinality. Pg 19
* Second edition of the book added a half page definition of the term cursor. Pg 21
* The description of V$SQL_CS_HISTOGRAM was omitted from the first edition of this book, and is now included. Pgs 37-39
* The Instrumentation section that was found in chapter 3 of the first edition is now relocated into chapter 2. Pgs 42-48
* A new section was added in this edition of the book that is intended to guide the reader in attacking performance problems using different procedures, based on whether or not the problem is reproducible. Chapters 3 and 4
* A new roadmap flow chart was added to the second edition, showing how to begin the performance tuning process. Pg 104
* Page 204 of the first edition of the book stated that it was not possible to retrieve a Statspack captured execution plan using DBMS_XPLAN - that statement was incorrect.Read more ›
a much easier time at work. Christian levels with your level of expertise in making sure that the concepts are understood well and
provides sufficient detail and guidelines so you can do something useful with them at your workplace.
Thanks, Chris, for providing this very useful book to the Oracle tuning community of DBAs!
Analysis of Reproducible Problems
Analysis of Irreproducible Problems
Postmortem Analysis of Irreproducible Problems
Very clear and understandable. Gets to the point , shows the work being done and explains the decision points.
Highly recommend adding this book to your library.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Excellent update form the previous book. A must read for the Oracle performance troubleshooter.Published 23 months ago by Arup Nanda
This is the master reference for an Oracle DBA/Application DBA.Published 23 months ago by Stephan Borsodi