Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Prophets of Rage PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 27 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 49 reviews
on July 4, 2006
I was very relieved to receive and find that my new Troy-Bilt TB125QS Electric Blower was everything it was advertised to be. I have had other brands before and hated them all when doing the vacuum mode. With the Troy-Bilt there is no removing stuff, just flick the lever and it goes from blow to vacuum. the bag is also much easier to pop off and empty than my past ones which had velcro ties to undo and redo and the bags would fall off while I was vacuuming. It is not rated as high as Toro and some others for wind speed, but maybe Troy-Bilt just cheat the ratings. It is very very strong blowing and very good picking up. It also has a cute little floor attachment. A couple stars higher than any other out there.
VINE VOICEon January 3, 2007
This is a 5 star product for use in smaller places where you want to clean up leaves etc. I have a patio which is almost totally surrounded by a 28" double brick wall containing plants. This blower/vac makes it a very simple operation to blow all the leaves in one corner then with a turn of a lever, vacuum them into the supplied zipper bag. The vacuum operation grinds the leaves so finely that I believe the 10:1 reduction claim made by the manufacturer. The unit is relatively powerful while being light and easy to handle and the simple lever switch from blower to vacuum is a big time saver. I do not recommend this blower/vac for larger lawns because it is not as convenient as a gas powered blower due to the restrictions of the electric cord.

Update: August 2009

After quite a bit of use, the zipper broke on the pickup bag. I contacted the manufacturer and they promptly send me a new bag. However this bag was sigificantly smaller than the one I had. Obviously, the smaller bag held less than the larger one and resulted in more time spent emptying bags than before. I think the smaller bag essentially makes the tool less functional. I do not know what bag they are shipping with the current model but what ever bag it is, I suggest you be very carefull about over filling the bag as it will place undo stress on the zipper.
on June 4, 2011
This is a replacement for the same item only rebranded. My other one lasted for several years.

This little guy works best on leaves. You can use the low setting to blow the leaves into a pile then the high vacuum setting to suck them into the bag.

The machine is light weight and the shoulder strap helps reduce fatigue on your arms.

I only have one complaint. The bag is not dense enough. If you have a lot of fine dirt and dust when using the vacuum, then you will be covered with dust from head to toe. Otherwise, it works fairly well.
on December 9, 2013
Have enjoyed this item for 3 years, however each year because of acorns I need to replace the Plastic impeller. Yes, asked and Metal is not mfg. Impeller arrive with no installation or guidance. Removed housing, see no fasteners viable securing impeller to the motor shaft. What I take apart can usually reassemble, so will getter done. mfg support to be very helpful in past.
on December 16, 2008
I've always HATED stopping to switch out the tubes for mulching leaves or blowing leaves. Now I no longer have to. I've read all the reviews about burnt out motors etc in this product and for me, that's just not the case. I make regular use of the "Mulchinator" (funny name) around the lawn and garden of my home twice a week or so till the leaves stop falling and I've experienced ZERO problems. The price was right, it's easy to use and no tubes to change. I'd buy it again. LD Staten Island, NY
on August 13, 2012
I liked this leaf blower/vac so much that I didn't hesitate buy another one when the first was stolen. The motor is powerful and the wide vacuum tube grabs a lot of material. It's not exactly whisper-quiet, but it doesn't have the very loud high pitched whine of the gas blowers either, so you won't wake up the neighbors. An easy flip of a switch converts the blower to a vacuum or vice-versa; no need to stop and reconfigure the whole unit. Try to avoid thicker sticks and chunks of material that won't grind up easily, they may get trapped in the mulching blades and may rattle loudly or start to smoke from the friction of the mulching blades. Friction + wood + air = fire, so clear obstructions quickly.

If you've read the other reviews, you may be concerned about the bag. Yes, the zipper is too small. Why won't Troy-Bilt simply make it bigger? Just 2-3 inches would do the trick. The size and quality bag itself is fine. It holds a lot of material because everything going in is chopped to a very fine mulch. The smallish zipper opening does make dumping the bag a little harder than just holding it up and pouring it out. You may have to scoup out some material by hand to get it started, but after that it comes out pretty easily. I've had no motor troubles at all, but I do wish the front bag clip opening was a little larger and easier to hook.

The unit is pretty bulky, so use the shoulder support strap. When properly adjusted the whole thing becomes balanced and very easy to handle. The wheeled vacuum attachment is pretty handy for decks and pavement, but not so good for thicker desposits of material or grass. Also watch out for buildups of mud that can occur inside the tube when conditions include both dust and damp leaves. Dry conditions work best.
on November 5, 2010
We get a small "drift" of live oak leaves (small and heavy) along our sidewalk and driveway and bought this vacuum to pick up those leaves before we mow. It works perfect for that. It also works good for picking up the leaves off the gravel/rocks in the flower bed. It is very handy to be able to switch from vacuum to blower just by moving the lever. Very convenient for blowing leaves into a pile then vacuuming them up. But if we are going to blow the sidewalks and driveway after mowing, we reach for our Toro 51585 Power Sweep 7 amp 2-Speed Electric Blower, which is much lighter, much smaller, more powerful, and generally just a lot better blower. Use the right tool for the job, I guess. But for vacuuming, I think the TB125QS will be hard to beat. It has great suction, easily picking up our "row" of leaves in one quick pass. It would be nice if it were a little quieter, but it is not really what I would call loud. It would be really nice if it were weighed a little less (the manual says operating weight is 10lb/4.5kg), but with the strap even my wife can maneuver it around with no problem. The bag does not dump very easy -- unzip and nothing happens, you have to shake, bend, and generally argue with the bag to get the leaves to fall out. The fuller the bag, the hard it is to empty. But overall this is a high-quality piece of gear that works well and we are happy with the purchase.
on June 15, 2009
After reading the positive and negative reviews on this item, I reluctantly bought this model since it had the features I needed (blow & vac). First of all, the bag zipper split after a few uses. The new bag costs half of what the entire model cost!!! Then the motor smoked. The unit was still on warranty and I took it in for warranty work. The repairman stated that he has had the same problem with like-models and the manufacturer won't cover the repair. It cost me big bucks for something that should have been covered under warranty. The repairman stated I might have persurvered, but it would have taken time and cost more money. He didn't want to hassle with the manufacturer. My recommewndation: Buy another brand and save you grief.
on March 11, 2012
I was expecting more from this then I got with my last $49 blower, but I'd almost say it's not even as good. This unit seems to suffer from vibration and extra weight in comparison. As many have said almost all brands provide a mulch bag that is too small. Also, I thought the blower function wasn't as efficient as the cheaper brand due to the large opening, it should include something to funnel the air more direct...which is more useful on driveways.
on April 25, 2013
I like the ease of carrying the blower and the power in which it blows and picks up leaves. But the bag is brutal trying to empty the leaves out of the bag. If that is why you are buying this, I would re-consider and purchase something else.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question