Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 63 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 92 reviews
on June 4, 2016
Adding this to our Troybilt Pony makes the pair a non-stop gardening fleet. This little cultivator has the heart and soul of the bigger machine, yet is lightweight and easy to handle. Even with a bad back and arthritis, I am able to pull start this gizmo with one pull, without even using the external jump starter which I purchased. The starter, btw, does a heck of a job with a push of a button. I wish all of the small engines I have ever had could have used this gadget. Back to the cultivator. I heartily recommend this wonderful tool. I got into an established, weed choked garden and was able to use it to get in between the plantings to get rid of the junk I thought I would have to pull by hand. My husband loves it, which is fantastic since he will help in the garden now!
on May 19, 2017
I'd like to give this tiller a good review; but I cannot.

Tiller #1...bought from Lowes...the pull cord wouldn't budge. (Purchased as a repaired model.).

My guess; engine seized. Never started, returned. Lowes exchanged for a brand new one. (Kudos to Lowes!)

Tiller #2: New from the box. Ran well for the first week, then repeated problems getting it to run at full throttle. Wouldn't re-start after using it. Maybe a total of 20 hours of use...and stopped working altogether.

Tiller #3...again, exchanged at Lowes. (Double Kudos to them for owning this thing, but they couldn't get it going either.).

So far; so good. But while I LOVE Lowes and cannot thank them enough for their kindness, we shouldn't be at this point. Three tillers in less than a year? Unacceptable.

I have a multitude of lawn/garden equipment. I've never experienced anything like this. I'd avoid the TB brand altogether.

That said, when it does work, it does a great job.

Lowes A+++
Tiller (when working) B+
Troy built F.
review image
on June 18, 2016
Only problem is the pull cord is in the front of the machine and you have to put a foot behind the rear wheel, making it a bit odd.
on April 21, 2017
I've had my tiller for a couple of months now and it's just what I needed. I have a 15X20 open space where I plant pollinator flowers, and this tilled up my tough Oklahoma clay soil in two passes. I also have some 4X6 raised beds, and I can easily lift this into them and loosen the soil for Spring planting. You do need to let it warm up for a couple of minutes, but in my experience it starts easily if you follow the directions.
on April 6, 2016
The tiller itself is real nice and I like it, BUT ( and that's a BIG BUT) who ever designed the air filter should be fired. It falls open about every 2-3 minutes and the foam filter falls out onto the freshly turned earth. Who in their right mind would put a plastic press on wing nut piece on a bolt that is meant to hold the air filter in place? After the third or fourth time putting it back on, the plastic wings fell off, now I have to use needle nosed pliers to try to tighten the bolt. After about 4 or five times of this, the bolt head is so buggered up I can not grip it with the pliers, so I tried replacing it with a screw head bolt. After checking the proper thread size and trying the new bolt, it jammed in the brass ferrule that is just pressed in the plastic base and came lose and just spins now I can not remove the bolt to install the air filter. It will be in the shop at least 3-4 weeks until they can replace the entire air filter, mean while we are trying to get 2 new raised beds ready for planting. It's a great tiller, BUT watch that blasted air filter. It is going to cause you grief. When it comes back I think I'll try to put a cable tie around it to hold the cover on. That way maybe I can actually get one raised bed (4'x16") tilled without stopping to put the tiller back together.
on May 18, 2016
SAVE YOUR MONEY! Lasted one season on a Lightweight Garden! Engine seized. No authorized dealers or dealers that will honor the TROY-BILT warranty. VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THE QUALITY, CRAFTSMANSHIP AND ACCESSIBILITY TO REPAIR...90 DAYS OF WARRANTY LEFT AND IT'S GOING TO THE SCRAP PILE!
on June 10, 2014
I find checking the correct amount of oil frustrating. The machine does not have a dip stick and requires you to lower the machine on its back and then see if oil runs out of the fill oil port. This is not an acceptable system for this critical function. The tiller blades fill up with grass and weeds on a regular basis. To remove the debris you have pull a cotter pin on an inside tiller blade. A frustrating and time consuming function. This could be easily corrected by using spring pins on the outside of tiller blades.
on April 18, 2015
We've had no problems with this tiller. We use it primarily for the vegetable garden, beats a shovel any day.We did not purchase the starter that goes with it, so far it pulls very easy and starts fast.
on January 11, 2016
My wife is so pleased when using this.
on April 13, 2016
Works very well. A bit lighter weight than I'm used to, so it takes longer to complete the job. But it'll work for me.