Lyft Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

Trudeau Toss and Chop Salad Tongs
Color: Green|Package Quantity: 1|Change

on December 19, 2014
A friend of mine started losing weight for the first time in her life after joining Weight Watchers & opening her heart to salads, & we all wanted to be supportive, but the change involved bringing these salad scissors/choppers into our lives. The blasted things work, but they have a maddening design flaw (both these and the competing brand) which no one in the reviews has mentioned: the little spring which controls the whole mechanism has a habit of springing into the air when the chopper is bumped and disappearing somewhere in the kitchen. It's quite a small spring, its trajectory is irregular, and finding it even when your kitchen is clean is no small feat. And once it's gone your not-at-all-cheap choppers are useless. After 3 pairs and a lot of crawling around, I went and got some dental floss, tied one end tightly to the spring itself, and the other onto a handle. And hooray, no more missing springs. If I had it to do over again I might put more effort into finding some fishing line instead--somehow that seems a bit less Depression make-do-ish--but hey, it worked
44 comments| 86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 16, 2013
I prefer chopped salads to large pieces of lettuce, but they are a pain to make. These tongs make it easy to dice lettuce, cukes, tomatoes, etc. and to serve them.
on October 22, 2017
One of the greatest inventions of the 21st century. It'll chop your salad to the perfect size. And side benefit: you'll live longer since you can use less dressing (this does a great job mixing the dressing as you chop) and with smaller bites your chances of choking go down if you like to inhale and not chew things. Plus you can use it to cut chicken or anything else. Trust me. It's great. I bought a few and keep one at work. It really is a simple yet amazing invention. And much less expensive than the version from Pampered Chef.
on February 5, 2018
I've been wanting to make chopped salads but didn't have anything beyond a regular knife that would do the chopping work. These hardly LOOK like they'll work - at least as they appear in the Amazon photo - but I ordered one based on the high reviews. I received them this afternoon and immediately put them to use. DANG!, they really work! It takes no time or effort to chop a bowl full of healthy goodies. And it cleans easily. I see myself as making so many chopped salads from now on that it'll add years to my life. And I'll be experimenting by throwing in more kinds of vegetables...this had no hesitation with bell peppers. I find that a chopped salad just tastes to much better than one with whole pieces of spinach leaves and such. I just had to hop on here and spread the good news right away!
on August 22, 2016
Love it. Had one and lost it so bought another. It's a great way to have chopped salad an easy way. T plastic cover makes it easy to scoop lettuce up to cut it. I can cut the lettuce right in a bowl without any worry of scratching the bowl. Cutting other vegetables is also made easier but my experiences have been mostly its lettuce.
on December 31, 2017
We use this all the time to make chopped salads. Absolutely love it. Great for picky eaters who prefer more finely chopped veggies in salad, like me.
on July 15, 2016
This salad chopper makes lettuce bite-size, it cuts meats, carrots, celery, anything you want to build a delicious salad. It's easy to use and clean up is a snap. I recommend this item to everyone, it's just amazing.
on May 12, 2014
I loved these scissors when I first received them, but they fell apart and the screw will not stay in place for me. I have given three pairs to friends for gifts, and I hope theirs do not fall apart too!!! Using scissors for chopped salads is a great tool, guess I will find another company.
on September 28, 2013
Good idea -- poor execution. First, the Tongs don't open wide enough. It really doesn't do as good of a job of chopping salad mix as just ordinary kitchen shears. Second, it is super bulky and takes up a lot of room. Third, it is difficult to clean. Fourth, it is not that sharp and requires a lot of effort. Overall, I should have sent it back, but I'm hoping I'll find some use for it. Darn -- I really wanted to like it.
on June 20, 2017
Great product. I had the expensive ones from a business that does home shows and they finally broke. I just didn't want to pay $45 for another pair from them. Decided to take a chance on these and glad I did. They work just the same and the quality is the same as the home show ones.